The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

So can we say he was very good for em until the lockdown kicked in then it went pear shaped? Because that's true really. What he did to get them up was a huge achievement. It looks like he hit a ceiling though and his style doesn't work in the prem. 

My car is a great family car. Roomy, decent mpg and comfortable. It'd be crap in formula 1  or rallying though. Doesn't make it a crap car does it? It's very good at doing what it does, it's in the Lower levels of motorsports though. Very few managers can do what he did with lower league players and replicate it in the prem. Most managers can't do either really. 

I can't stand the bloke but I can see what he achieved and give him credit. I can also see where he fell short. He's not the first and he won't be the last. To write him off as crap is crazy, as is saying he's the equivalent of guardiola or klopp. 

I'm glad they've got rid cos he could have rebuilt over the next 2 seasons and got em back up. It's a crap shoot for em now, with any luck they'll choose wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He's a one-trick pony - his badge kissing 'boy-n-man' shenanigans showed you that. Did amazingly well to get them promoted to the EPL and finish 9th. I disregard the L1 championships, as quite frankly most decent managers would have got them out of that league.

He's boxed himself in with his stubbornness, which was his downfall. He will be successful again I've no doubt about that, but he is limited. Like Warnock without the personality -  he may end up with 3 or 4 promotions out of the championship but won't last long in the ELP because he won't change.

• Like 4

Ive just seen the interview that Sharp did after the game.

He looked broken. 

But im not here to gloat about that. 

More just how refreshing it was to hear someone speaking honestly without the long pauses as the media training kicks in and the usual platitudes tumble out. 

"Terrible...it should have been 9"

"We're down , thats that"

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Just watched it as well.

It's hard to make a sensible comment on anything blades related without it being jumped on by people that can't be objective about Utd.

I have no sympathy for Sharp or Utd, I'd just say this. I've not seen one interview from anyone at our club, player or staff looking anywhere near as broken as that. It would be healthy to have a handful of individuals at the club that took our plight as personally. Maybe we have, I certainly hope so..... 

He looked absolutely crushed. Great viewing. 

Tbf, I can't imagine that interviewer trying to put a positive spin on everything really helped his mood. 

• Haha 4

Anyone else remember the humble ones comment “ I walked in the front door and I will walk out of the front door” because it looks like he snuck out the backdoor with his pockets full of cash. One of their own alright?

• Like 3