The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

Is that the same Premier League managers that voted him Manager of the Year twice in the last 3 years. Not sure how many times you played for Barcelona but I’d probably value Guardiolas opinion over yours, with respect. 

It's bizarre how some refuse to acknowledge how well he did, even now. Yes he has wasted money in the past year and like all managers he has to accept responsibility when things go as badly as they have done this season.

However, they had just failed to get promoted from the 3rd division for the 5th successive season when he took over. He didn't get to throw any more money at it than previous managers had done but they won the league at his first attempt. He then had two successful seasons in the Championship, resulting in automatic promotion having spent far less than many teams at this level. 

He then got them to 9th place in the Premier League, with 4 or 5 regular starters from the team that played in the 3rd division. It has gone to pieces since he started spending more money. 

I can't stand the bloke and his dodgy accent but can acknowledge he was good for them and am happy that he has gone now because they are in turmoil with the fans very much against the club as things stand and todays show of solidarity for a new dawn without him wont help matters.  

12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It's bizarre how some refuse to acknowledge how well he did, even now. Yes he has wasted money in the past year and like all managers he has to accept responsibility when things go as badly as they have done this season.

However, they had just failed to get promoted from the 3rd division for the 5th successive season when he took over. He didn't get to throw any more money at it than previous managers had done but they won the league at his first attempt. He then had two successful seasons in the Championship, resulting in automatic promotion having spent far less than many teams at this level. 

He then got them to 9th place in the Premier League, with 4 or 5 regular starters from the team that played in the 3rd division. It has gone to pieces since he started spending more money. 

I can't stand the bloke and his dodgy accent but can acknowledge he was good for them and am happy that he has gone now because they are in turmoil with the fans very much against the club as things stand and todays show of solidarity for a new dawn without him wont help matters.  

Agree. I don’t get it either. I think the bloke is a wazurk but his record at United and other clubs is excellent. This is United’s Stoke/Pulis moment. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, markowl said:

Why are we now having a jerk circle for him?

Why are you so angry about people thinking he is a decent manager? 

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

Agree. I don’t get it either. I think the bloke is a wazurk but his record at United and other clubs is excellent. This is United’s Stoke/Pulis moment. 

The major worry for them is a bit like us I don't think they have a plan. 

They've got rid of the guy who is pretty much responsible for getting them up there and they've replaced him with the U23 coach and Jason Tindall.

16 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The major worry for them is a bit like us I don't think they have a plan. 

They've got rid of the guy who is pretty much responsible for getting them up there and they've replaced him with the U23 agent and Jason Tindall.

😁

1 hour ago, markowl said:

Why are we now having a jerk circle for him?

You don't half talk some jibberish

He's worked miracles there and if he had done it for any other club you'd be lauding him. I don't particulary like the bloke as i've stated but how you can write off his achievements is beyond me. It's easy to knock him as he's a pig but if Megson had done the same for us when we were in League One you'd have been creaming yourself

1 minute ago, IWEDFM said:

He's worked miracles there and if he had done it for any other club you'd be lauding him. I don't particulary like the bloke as i've stated but how you can write off his achievements is beyond me. It's easy to knock him as he's a pig but if Megson had done the same for us when we were in League One you'd have been creaming yourself

Can you tell me how this season is proving him as the fantastic manager you are making out?

I'm not knocking him because he's a pig, I'm knocking him because his team has lost 23 out of 28 games this season.

How anyone can put a positive spin on that is beyond me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

If he had worked miracles he wouldn't have collapsed after 75% of last season, and although they beaten quite a few records this season, i am not sure they will be records that any other team will want to beat

so in two seasons he has done well for three quarters of a season

he has wasted millions and probably left them with problems for next season

i don't see that as working miracles

• Like 2

Just now, markowl said:

Can you tell me how this season is proving him as the fantastic manager you are making out?

I'm not knocking him because he's a pig, I'm knocking him because his team has lost 23 out of 28 games this season.

How anyone can put a positive spin on that is beyond me.

Yes they've had a torrid season but success isn't permanent. Look at Liverpool this season they are a complete shadow of the side they were last year. I'm not saying Wilder is Guardiola but the job he's done there is nothing short of miraculous considering the circumstances and where they were when he arrived

• Haha 3

Just now, IWEDFM said:

Yes they've had a torrid season but success isn't permanent. Look at Liverpool this season they are a complete shadow of the side they were last year. I'm not saying Wilder is Guardiola but the job he's done there is nothing short of miraculous considering the circumstances and where they were when he arrived

He did well.

Can't you see he's been totally and utterly found out?

Absolutely no Plan B when his side concedes the first goal, exactly like our team, yet we haven't jizzed 150 million quid.

Oh, and miraculous! Do me a favour.

• Like 1