The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

37 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Modern football clubs are often quite wary of managers becoming too powerful. 

Wilder was probably one of the most powerful manager's in the country. Seemed like like there was a bit of old school set up where he appeared to be in charge of most things regarding the playing side, recruitment etc. 

He and I have mutual acquaintances, one of whom said, about 18 months ago, Wilder wouldn’t go to Everton, West Ham or the likes as he basically ran everything football wise at United, as you say, a luxury few have anymore.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

He and I have mutual acquaintances, one of whom said, about 18 months ago, Wilder wouldn’t go to Everton, West Ham or the likes as he basically ran everything football wise at United, as you say, a luxury few have anymore.

Yep. 

Be interesting where he rocks up next. 

He isn't going to be able to walk into a Celtic etc and tell them they need to change everything. 

On the other hand, I can see quite a few Championship sides being willing to bend over backwards to take him. 

6 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Did anyone see the Beatles at Shea Stadium?

What about Queen at Live Aid?

Oasis at Knebworth?

Maybe The Who at Leeds University?

They are all up there with watching Wilder's Blades.

Ahh yes, that’ll  be me in 40 years time, telling my grandkids about the time I saw Luhukay’s heroes get a famous 0-0 at Wilder’s blades, how we partied long and hard into the night after that one 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, darra said:

His next appointment will be key. If it fails he'll be forever known as a one club manager.

I cant see it being a big club, they wont give him the freedom he wants, especially knowing how he wastes money

so a club with not much money, then he has to perform again, clubs will know his tactics so i cant see it being easy to replicate what he has just achieved

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Oasis at Knebworth?

This has got to be a pi55 take surely?

Even the most deluded of their fans couldn’t think that...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

This has got to be a pi55 take surely?

Even the most deluded of their fans couldn’t think that...

I honestly think some of their fans will see that post and agree with it. The way I've heard some of em go off about him you'd think he was the second coming of Waddle or summat. Man can do no wrong for em. Mid table finish in the prem and he's treated like a deity by em. Don't get me wrong, he was very good up until this season, but some of the comments since he walked have been ridiculous. 

Deluded and arrogant seems to be the current mindset of every pig fan I know. Obviously combined with their obsessive hatred of us. Makes for a heady combination. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Oasis at Knebworth?

The thing people will remember about Wilders team is that they lost lots of games and picked up not many points in 20/21. Finishing 9th? No one remembers who finished above 4th place never mind 9th. 

• Like 2

Talking about a 9th place PL  finish for decades to come 😂

I wonder if our fans will be like that about Pleats boys who finished 7th in 97. We might even see statues of Pembridge, Nolan and Stefanovic to honour them 

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Thinking about it, they actually do have lots in common with The Beatles, Queen and Oasis. They’ve all got lots of records.

Unfortunately for the pigs, most of them have come this season, and they are all unwanted ones.

Yep.it will be the ones that you take down to the local charity shop hoping that someone will buy their rubbish songs.

Tbf, this is a fanbase who labelled their side cup kings because they got to two semi finals.

I mean we've hardly been blessed with great success in recent times, but this lot are so success starved it is hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, this is a fanbase who labelled their side cup kings because they got to two semi finals.

I mean we've hardly been blessed with great success in recent times, but this lot are so success starved it is hilarious.

And boasted about being involved in a "goal rich" FA Cup semi final. When they let in 5. Against Hull. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

And boasted about being involved in a "goal rich" FA Cup semi final. When they let in 5. Against Hull. 

Ah, of course.

Was that the same season they lost in the play offs to Swindon in that 5-5 game?

They then released a season ticket video bigging up the fact they'd manage to come back in a play off they lost.

• Haha 2