Westwood wanted by Blackburn despite his ‘injuries’

Guest mrbluesky

Bruce (and I quote) "hated" Westwood, from his time at Sunderland, but yet managed to see past their fall out and played him.

Bombed out to the Under 23`s, something ain`t right. 

8 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Bruce (and I quote) "hated" Westwood, from his time at Sunderland, but yet managed to see past their fall out and played him.

And recommended the club give Westwood a two-year deal last July.

Are well looks like, it is another one for the school of Chansiri, of senior pros not having to play for the final 12 months of their deals.

It just a shame this will be yet more millions wasted, for a player who is better than what we currently have in his position at the club, to sit in the stands. 

If we don't want players it is up to the manager to get rid, I can think of a few premiership teams that would take him as back up keeper - Arsenal and Burnley to name two possibles. Maybe Stoke might take him if the sell Butland. 

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Are well looks like, it is another one for the school of Chansiri, of senior pros not having to play for the final 12 months of their deals.

It just a shame this will be yet more millions wasted, for a player who is better than what we currently have in his position at the club, to sit in the stands. 

If we don't want players it is up to the manager to get rid, I can think of a few premiership teams that would take him as back up keeper - Arsenal and Burnley to name two possibles. Maybe Stoke might take him if the sell Butland. 

The only reason any premier team will take him is to fill their quota of homegrown players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

"hi Daryl do you want to coach for me? Nobody likes the guy who used to be the best keeper at the club so you need to work with the two youth graduates that usually make an error every couple of weeks, but that is still better than the mardy-arse two-hat

If we get rid of Westwood we can improve team morale no end but he's on so much money that nobody will take him. Good luck"

Corrected for you 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Grandad said:

Don't blame him

He's been treated appallingly

We could have let him go after Jos froze him out but after Bruce triggered a clause in his contract by playing him we exercised that clause and re-signed him. Then froze him out again just a few weeks into his new contract

Players usually get dropped through loss of form,or other issues...You not think it a little unusual that 2 completely different Managers,with different styles,found the need to single out the same 2 Players in the way they did? Like a lot of things in Football,where things are not openly discussed,you have to read in between the lines..to find the reason(s) you think are behind it.

'Frozen' out? What possible reason would two separate managers have?They both took a dislike to them? Not credible really is it? Nor professional,and what ever failings people have of them ,i dont think a lack of Professionalism would apply to Jos or Monk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrbluesky said:

The cynic in me always wondered if that’s because Bruce knew you’d struggle to get better for the money. He had an horrendous time trying to replace Johnstone at Villa iirc, signed 2 or 3 absolute duds and for good money too.

1 hour ago, mrbluesky said:

Its a shame he is still  here. Over paid and overated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Don't back up keepers have to sit on the bench ? :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

Yes, him!

My point being, Bruce was able to handle him

1 hour ago, Animis said:

And recommended the club give Westwood a two-year deal last July.

So rated him

25 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

The cynic in me always wondered if that’s because Bruce knew you’d struggle to get better for the money. He had an horrendous time trying to replace Johnstone at Villa iirc, signed 2 or 3 absolute duds and for good money too.

Gave him 2 years, I`d disagree 

19 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Its a shame he is still  here. Over paid and overated.

Silly boy.

Anyone who does not think that Westwood is past his best obviously have not watched his performances over the past 2 

years. 

Yes he loves himself which is fine, can live with vain players when their performances justify it .

His ego does not match his performances, simple as. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Anyone who does not think that Westwood is past his best obviously have not watched his performances over the past 2 

years. 

Yes he loves himself which is fine, can live with vain players when their performances justify it .

His ego does not match his performances, simple as. 

You just don’t like the bloke 

Edited by dewsburyowl58

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, parajack said:

Players usually get dropped through loss of form,or other issues...You not think it a little unusual that 2 completely different Managers,with different styles,found the need to single out the same 2 Players in the way they did? Like a lot of things in Football,where things are not openly discussed,you have to read in between the lines..to find the reason(s) you think are behind it.

'Frozen' out? What possible reason would two separate managers have?They both took a dislike to them? Not credible really is it? Nor professional,and what ever failings people have of them ,i dont think a lack of Professionalism would apply to Jos or Monk

Frozen out by the 2 worst Sheffield Wednesday managers since we got relegated from the Premier League.

The 2 managers who have looked least likely to get us promoted back there.

The 2 managers who have chosen to put personalities before talent and what the players brought to the team

The 2 managers who posessed the worst man-management skills of any managers we have had in living memory.

Yes. Frozen out.

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Frozen out by the 2 worst Sheffield Wednesday managers since we got relegated from the Premier League.

The 2 managers who have looked least likely to get us promoted back there.

The 2 managers who have chosen to put personalities before talent and what the players brought to the team

The 2 managers who posessed the worst man-management skills of any managers we have had in living memory.

Yes. Frozen out.

That's a big call as weve had since shocking managers

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

That's a big call as weve had since shocking managers

yep - but only Turner had a worse record. And at least he made some decent signings that ended up getting us promotion