Westwood wanted by Blackburn despite his ‘injuries’

6 minutes ago, striker said:

Not surprised, 36 in October and dont think he's even trained with the first team in about a year, never mind played any games. 

But he's still the best keeper in the whole of the championship :ph34r:

• Haha 5

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, striker said:

Not surprised, 36 in October and dont think he's even trained with the first team in about a year, never mind played any games. 

Is that 36 stone 😎

5 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

You could argue that dropping Hector at QPR was the start of the demise just after he had won player of the month. A very bizarre decision indeed 

hector played at QPR  when we lost 3-0 ...he was at fault for 2 goals 

16 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

I think we neeed to consider who was in front of each keeper, Hector made a big differnece to Westwood's stats .

We can now forget about Westwood he wont play for us again, think Wildsmith will get the nod, lets hope the defence is on top form as well

Really

Westwood had 17 clean sheets 2 season on the trot with Lees and Loovens, Hector barely played with him last season because we had Jos the dross for half of it.

Defenses are about the back 5 being a unit, the keeper commands is box and marshals the defence and the player in front of him play better if they have the confidence if the attacker should get through, the keeper will have a better than good chance of saving it.

The thing is with Dawson and Wildsmith in goal, you could get a good save, but you could also get a fumble, or a scuffed kick to the attacker, or they could completely miss the save and concede a goal, I lost track of the amount of games last season when Dawson and Wildsmith dived after the ball had past them, or was hit into the corner and they didn't get across to cover it.

Look Westwood will never play under Monk, but trying to diminish what Westwood has given us over his time here is simple not on, when in the team and being allowed to play, for 5 years he was the rock at the back for us and probably was net 15-20 points a season for us. Yes he has got older it happens to us all, but in my eyes he is still the most consistent keeper we have at the club currently and with the team we now have which consists of 1 striker, who scored in 1 out of 46 games last season, we are going to need every clean sheet we can get, because we are not going to be scoring many goals with the midfield we have. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Really

Westwood had 17 clean sheets 2 season on the trot with Lees and Loovens, Hector barely played with him last season because we had Jos the dross for half of it.

Defenses are about the back 5 being a unit, the keeper commands is box and marshals the defence and the player in front of him play better if they have the confidence if the attacker should get through, the keeper will have a better than good chance of saving it.

The thing is with Dawson and Wildsmith in goal, you could get a good save, but you could also get a fumble, or a scuffed kick to the attacker, or they could completely miss the save and concede a goal, I lost track of the amount of games last season when Dawson and Wildsmith dived after the ball had past them, or was hit into the corner and they didn't get across to cover it.

Look Westwood will never play under Monk, but trying to diminish what Westwood has given us over his time here is simple not on, when in the team and being allowed to play, for 5 years he was the rock at the back for us and probably was net 15-20 points a season for us. Yes he has got older it happens to us all, but in my eyes he is still the most consistent keeper we have at the club currently and with the team we now have which consists of 1 striker, who scored in 1 out of 46 games last season, we are going to need every clean sheet we can get, because we are not going to be scoring many goals with the midfield we have. 

You lost all credibility with your 15-20 points a season quote.

even at 15 points that means there were 5 games that we won by the odd goal where Westwood single handedly stopped the opposition scoring at least 2 goals on that game that no other keeper would have done.

Guest Therealrealist
15 hours ago, Hookowl said:

But he's still the best keeper in the whole of the championship :ph34r:

No he’s not..but he’s the best keeper at wednesday..anybody care to disagree??

Guest wilyfox

The whining continues..

Does the Westwood debate really need to rumble on into the new season? Regardless of opinion on his current ability, Westy has been frozen out twice and now dumped in the 23s. He won't be brought back into the group, that much is clear.

Best to just accept and let it go. Hopefully he can reach an agreement and move on because no-one gains from his current predicament. 

10 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

So who is now then? According to you🙄

At present It can only be one of the two who we play, Westwood is nearly 36 and hasn't played a competitive game for 16 months so it can't be said with any certainty he is the best, it can only be said he was the best. No one knows what he is like now.

• Like 2

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

At present It can only be one of the two who we play, Westwood is nearly 36 and hasn't played a competitive game for 16 months so it can't be said with any certainty he is the best, it can only be said he was the best. No one knows what he is

like now.

A. He last played in December 2019 how is that not a competitive game for 16 months?

B. He is the best player currently contracted to SWFC

5 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

A. He last played in December 2019 how is that not a competitive game for 16 months?

I’m far from a huge Bannan fan but I guarantee that if every club in the division was offered any of our players for free Bannan would be near the top of the list. KW would be near the bottom.

Guest Willow Owl
5 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

A- Why has he not played since December 2019 ?

B- No he isn’t that’s Bannan. Never injured always gives 100% and hasn’t been banished from the first team squad twice.

Westwood is done at SWFC time to move on.

Guest Grandad

If I was Westwood - having negotiated my own transfer to Huddersfield after being frozen out by Jos - only to have that hit the brakes due to Wednesday changing their demands - and then given a new deal again for 2 years to then be frozen out after just 14 games - I think I'd be tempted to look at the fact I'm 35, my £30k a week contract and think "Ah well, they've just give me £3m for 14 games - I don't owe em anything cos they've massively messed me about, I'll sit things out here"