Westwood wanted by Blackburn despite his ‘injuries’

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Or you could see the start of Dawson’s season with a better, settled defence as a more accurate example of his ability.....a period where, despite the ending, meant that his season’s clean sheets ratio was better than that of many people’s ‘best keeper in the league’

40 minutes ago, Ian said:

Records aren’t subject to memory, they are a matter of fact. Check them

Clean sheets are similar but a big difference in goals conceded.

Westwood 14 matches, 4 clean sheets 29%, 15 goals conceded at 1.07 per game.

Dawson 23 matches, 7 clean sheets 30%, 34 goals conceded at 1.48 per game.

Wildsmith 9 matches. 2 clean sheets 22%, 17 goals conceded at 1.89 per game

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
59 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Be interesting to see who Monk goes with in goal. Wildsmith or Dawson.?

He will be swapping and changing all season..it’s not good to not have an obvious number 1 keeper

6 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Clean sheets are similar but a big difference in goals conceded.

Westwood 14 matches, 4 clean sheets 29%, 15 goals conceded at 1.07 per game.

Dawson 23 matches, 7 clean sheets 30%, 34 goals conceded at 1.48 per game.

Wildsmith 9 matches. 2 clean sheets 22%, 17 goals conceded at 1.89 per game

Thanks for confirming what I said

8 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

He will be swapping and changing all season..it’s not good to not have an obvious number 1 keeper

That's the one thing I want him to do. Pick one then thats it they get the whole season in goal. Keep on swapping back and forth between to average goalies is helping no one.

We will end up paying Westwood up a % of his contract as we edge towards Christmas. It’s the ultimate stalemate. No one will match his wages here and Westwood won’t walk away. Absolute farce of a situation, and both the player and the club should be embarrassed. 

• Like 4

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, vulva said:

We will end up paying Westwood up a % of his contract as we edge towards Christmas. It’s the ultimate stalemate. No one will match his wages here and Westwood won’t walk away. Absolute farce of a situation, and both the player and the club should be embarrassed. 

Don’t think we will tbh..I think he will just sit at home till it expires..dc never seems in a rush to get people off the payroll..it’s bizzare..if I wer payin sumbody 100k every month for doin nowt,,I wud cry most nights😳

16 hours ago, vulva said:

Don't worry if Monk starts with Dawson or Wildsmith as his no 1 he will be gone before Xmas as we will be struggling to get out of the bottom 3 and then the new manager will look at what his stronger team is with the best players in each spot and I would not be surprised if KW end up back in goal.

Of course that if Monk does not manage to do his job and get him sold, transferred or loan out.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Don't worry if Monk starts with Dawson or Wildsmith as his no 1 he will be gone before Xmas as we will be struggling to get out of the bottom 3 and then the new manager will look at what his stronger team is with the best players in each spot and I would not be surprised if KW end up back in goal.

Of course that if Monk does not manage to do his job and get him sold, transferred or loan out.

Do you really think it’s 

Monks job to sell players? 

Jesus 

• Haha 1

Just now, Shetland Owl said:

I think we neeed to consider who was in front of each keeper, Hector made a big differnece to Westwood's stats .

We can now forget about Westwood he wont play for us again, think Wildsmith will get the nod, lets hope the defence is on top form as well

IMO if he's still on the wage bill, he should be considered for selection, especially so if neither Dawson nor Wildsmith perform well.

• Like 2

Guest Grandad
18 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

I think we neeed to consider who was in front of each keeper, Hector made a big differnece to Westwood's stats .

We can now forget about Westwood he wont play for us again, think Wildsmith will get the nod, lets hope the defence is on top form as well

Remind me how having Hector in front of him worked for Dawson in the first half of the season?

The half of the season that got Luhukay sacked because we were so sh it

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Remind me how having Hector in front of him worked for Dawson in the first half of the season?

The half of the season that got Luhukay sacked because we were so sh it

You could argue that dropping Hector at QPR was the start of the demise just after he had won player of the month. A very bizarre decision indeed 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
11 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

You could argue that dropping Hector at QPR was the start of the demise just after he had won player of the month. A very bizarre decision indeed 

The worst manager in all of my years watching us

Guest Grandad
9 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Apparently CC is the worst manager ever in the annals of British football. 

Only to idiots