Westwood wanted by Blackburn despite his ‘injuries’

28 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/53917178

Unlikely to be going to Blackburn now. Just hope there will be interest from elsewhere. No good for either party having him training with the U23s

Having him train with the U23s is EXACTLY the right thing to do with him.

It might cheese him off enough to get him out.

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
29 minutes ago, Grandad said:

If I was Westwood - having negotiated my own transfer to Huddersfield after being frozen out by Jos - only to have that hit the brakes due to Wednesday changing their demands - and then given a new deal again for 2 years to then be frozen out after just 14 games - I think I'd be tempted to look at the fact I'm 35, my £30k a week contract and think "Ah well, they've just give me £3m for 14 games - I don't owe em anything cos they've massively messed me about, I'll sit things out here"

Amazing how some fans are willing to blame the club and not the player !!

The fact we are allegedly giving him 30k a week and have done for 5/ 6 seasons means he owes us everything. 
Was a great keeper, but now wish he would sod off so we can all leave the Westwood circus behind.

Guest Grandad
4 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Amazing how some fans are willing to blame the club and not the player !!

The fact we are allegedly giving him 30k a week and have done for 5/ 6 seasons means he owes us everything. 
Was a great keeper, but now wish he would sod off so we can all leave the Westwood circus behind.

Yes he was entirely to blame for the Huddersfield transfer falling through, he was also entirely to blame for the club taking up the option for another year, and he was entirely to blame for being frozen out a second time.

Guest Willow Owl
2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Yes he was entirely to blame for the Huddersfield transfer falling through, he was also entirely to blame for the club taking up the option for another year, and he was entirely to blame for being frozen out a second time.

A player on allegedly 30k a week does not get banished by 2 managers for doing nothing wrong. 

1 hour ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

A. He last played in December 2019 how is that not a competitive game for 16 months?

B. He is the best player currently contracted to SWFC

Ok I got my dates wrong, thought his last game was 5th May 2019 so I admit I'm wrong on the 16 months.

Your second point "He is the best player currently contracted to SWFC" sorry but no way could I agree with that.

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

I wasn't suggesting he should be training with the first team but him still being here is doing us no good on the wages hes likely to be on. Sooner hes moved on the better.

Guest Therealrealist
34 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Ok I got my dates wrong, thought his last game was 5th May 2019 so I admit I'm wrong on the 16 months.

Your second point "He is the best player currently contracted to SWFC" sorry but no way could I agree with that.

So who is the best keeper contracted to swfc..for the 2nd time..??

5 hours ago, wilyfox said:

The whining continues..

Does the Westwood debate really need to rumble on into the new season? Regardless of opinion on his current ability, Westy has been frozen out twice and now dumped in the 23s. He won't be brought back into the group, that much is clear.

Best to just accept and let it go. Hopefully he can reach an agreement and move on because no-one gains from his current predicament. 

As long as we continue to pay high wages to an experienced keeper, that can’t get on our bench, there will be a debate.

As long as we continue to lack leadership on the pitch and in the dugout, while a player who has shown that he can lead can’t get in our squad, there will be a debate.

As long as we continue to struggle to keep clean sheets and consequently get results, there will be a debate.

As long as long-suffering fans continue to pay some of the highest ticket prices in the EFL to be treated like mugs, there will be debates about stuff that just doesn’t seem to make logical sense.

Yes, its a tiresome debate.  And if the Westwood situation was the only questionable thing at SWFC, then it would be easier for most fans to put it down as just one of those things.

Given the train-wreck of last 3 years on and off the pitch, you can’t really criticise fans for asking what the hell is going on IMO.

24 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

So who is the best keeper contracted to swfc..for the 2nd time..??

TBF I disagreed with your statement best player contracted to the club at the present time you hadn’t asked me who I thought the best keeper was. My thoughts on our present 2 keepers are that I believe they both have a good chance of being decent championship standard but both need more experience. If we are not going to get a new keeper in I would go with Dawson as being slightly more consistent.

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, Willow Owl said:

A player on allegedly 30k a week does not get banished by 2 managers for doing nothing wrong. 

2 of the worst managers we have ever had

Maybe the managers were wrong

59 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

As long as we continue to pay high wages to an experienced keeper, that can’t get on our bench, there will be a debate.

As long as we continue to lack leadership on the pitch and in the dugout, while a player who has shown that he can lead can’t get in our squad, there will be a debate.

As long as we continue to struggle to keep clean sheets and consequently get results, there will be a debate.

As long as long-suffering fans continue to pay some of the highest ticket prices in the EFL to be treated like mugs, there will be debates about stuff that just doesn’t seem to make logical sense.

Yes, its a tiresome debate.  And if the Westwood situation was the only questionable thing at SWFC, then it would be easier for most fans to put it down as just one of those things.

Given the train-wreck of last 3 years on and off the pitch, you can’t really criticise fans for asking what the hell is going on IMO.

Churchill?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Royal_D said:

There’s always the outside chance that Blackburn just thought he wasn’t very good ...

....... or not worth the considerable salary that we were prepared to pay him. It's his wages IMO that are the basic problem in getting him off the books.

• Like 1

https://www.thetotallyfootballshow.com/from-the-podcasts/the-totally-football-league-shows-top-five-sort-of-goalkeepers-in-the-championship/

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/who-is-the-champs-best-keeper/178350

Strange how the best keeper in the championship and apparently coveted by arsenal isn’t even mentioned in these articles. I imagine most of the players in these lists will be on far less than 30k a week as well.

Guest gizowl
4 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I'll train with the U23s for 30k a week and it won't cheese me off.

On 24/08/2020 at 13:54, modboy said:

bonkers, forgive and forget and get him back training with the first team

Its bonkers to keep him,and not try to sell him,i agree,but someone has to want him,wages possibly an issue,and his injury record i believe would been a concern also...as would his age.

If(bif 'if'!!) discipline/attitude were an alleged problem with this player,than it would potentially undo anything Monk is trying to do,for him to re-enter his plans.

Have to move on.....

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
4 hours ago, the third man said:

Or played by three managers if he was doing something wrong

Depends how you want to look at it

He would also be under consideration for team selection if he hadn’t done anything wrong. Going on 9 months now !!