Westwood wanted by Blackburn despite his ‘injuries’

7 minutes ago, Grandad said:

4 managers. Gray did too. 

It was one of the (2) seasons when he equalled the clubs 150yr clean sheet record.

I had no idea we had so many managers since we left the Premier League (which is what I said)

Yeh, and the rest mate.

7 hours ago, Ian said:

And yet if you use ‘clean sheets’ (which is apparently sacred to many Westwood fans) then you get a different result 

I actually think Dawson is the better keeper atm, better points per game ratio. Not sure why we stuck with Wildsmith for the last few games... Although Dawson has a few creases to iron out of his game he has time on his side. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

What we do know is the 3 manager Carlos, Bruce, Bullen that did play Westwood and Hutch did a lot better at the club than the 2 that didn't 

Win ratios at the Owls

Carlos  42.75                                             Jos 33.33

Bruce   38.89                                            Monk 31.82

Bullen  46.7

But 3 managers from completely different backgrounds and experience who played Westwood and Hutch had better win ratio's. That might suggest that playing you best players instead of not playing them means you do better - just my opinion of course.

Though only Carlos had a full season. 

Bullen had two short honeymoon spells in charge. 

Bruce decided to take a holiday and leave his underlings pottering about in charge becouse the cricket was more important....... 

And people were aghast when he jumped ship. 

Statistic don't really tell a full tale. 

I could take over win my first game in charge then walk away with a 100% win ratio. lol

Look at jos, first season apart from those randomly lunatic systems /formation worked wonders. Even though we were past the bare bones becouse they were broken aswell... 

Second season Was a complete cluster pet shop!! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, room0035 said:

Are well looks like, it is another one for the school of Chansiri, of senior pros not having to play for the final 12 months of their deals.

It just a shame this will be yet more millions wasted, for a player who is better than what we currently have in his position at the club, to sit in the stands. 

If we don't want players it is up to the manager to get rid, I can think of a few premiership teams that would take him as back up keeper - Arsenal and Burnley to name two possibles. Maybe Stoke might take him if the sell Butland. 

Christ I've heard it all now....Arsenal would possibly take Westwood as back up?

Is that the same Arsenal who's current back up keeper had such a good end to the season that many fans think should be their no.1 

Or the Arsenal who used to appear on the Littlewoods coupon in the summer when there was no footie in the UK?

Or Burnley who collect England keepers for fun?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Christ I've heard it all now....Arsenal would possibly take Westwood as back up?

Is that the same Arsenal who's current back up keeper had such a good end to the season that many fans think should be their no.1 

Or the Arsenal who used to appear on the Littlewoods coupon in the summer when there was no footie in the UK?

Can't agree more bud.

Some people need to stop living on sentimentality and accept you get old, your heroes get old and have to inevitably retire becouse they've past their prime.

I don't see no massive que of clubs in a bidding war to sign him which says it all becouse if he was STILL as good as he was 3/4 years ago they'd have payed the wages for probably the best keeper outside the Premier league.

Rules Westwood out of going to Burnley he's Irish lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

What we do know is the 3 manager Carlos, Bruce, Bullen that did play Westwood and Hutch did a lot better at the club than the 2 that didn't 

Win ratios at the Owls

Carlos  42.75                                             Jos 33.33

Bruce   38.89                                            Monk 31.82

Bullen  46.7

But 3 managers from completely different backgrounds and experience who played Westwood and Hutch had better win ratio's. That might suggest that playing you best players instead of not playing them means you do better - just my opinion of course.

And it proves nothing,the same as mine....(which is why i used it,,)cos we know there are issues at S6 that needed dealing with,that effected the results...if someone wants a contract and doesnt get one,doesnt like or want to play for the new Manager,Doesnt agree with tactics,has unexplained 'injurys' despite a scan showing nothing....Mysteriously allegedly loses 'form' and than doesnt allegedly want to sit on the subs bench....the list fcuking endless and this is the last time ime going to post it...

Whats Monks win % from Sept to Jan 7th?....and than from than to Season end? they are the only two relevant comparisons,and theres the 'rub'...There has to be a reason for such a collapse unrelated to a Managers coaching,tactics,and subs, or in my view his Management of Players.

You think one thing,i think another,thats it ENDEX

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Though only Carlos had a full season. 

Bullen had two short honeymoon spells in charge. 

Bruce decided to take a holiday and leave his underlings pottering about in charge becouse the cricket was more important....... 

And people were aghast when he jumped ship. 

Statistic don't really tell a full tale. 

I could take over win my first game in charge then walk away with a 100% win ratio. lol

Look at jos, first season apart from those randomly lunatic systems /formation worked wonders. Even though we were past the bare bones becouse they were broken aswell... 

Second season Was a complete cluster pet shop!! 

Did under Jos we go games on end without having shots on target he played 6 defenders and still managed to concede goals.

For my lifetime he will probably go down as the worse manager we ever had in the last 35+ years, he drove a stake down the middle of the first team, only played youth and the football was so bad to watch. We walk away from the Derby after defending for 90 minutes we made Sheff Utd look like the Brazil team of the 70's or Real Madrid in their peak he was truly awful. He should have stayed retired for what good he did for us.

2 hours ago, Ian said:

No but it is the same Arsenal who are currently looking for a back up keeper as Leno has a long term injury and the lad we had on loan is their only senior keeper and Burnley who in the last 2 years have lost Heaton to Villa , Hart a free to Spurs and Legzdins who has retired and could lose their current No1 Pope in this transfer window as a few teams are sniffing around for him, leaving them 1 first choice keeper in Bailey Farrell who is the kid from Leeds. I don't think I said he would be anymore than a back up keeper.

3 hours ago, k_guite said:

I actually think Dawson is the better keeper atm, better points per game ratio. Not sure why we stuck with Wildsmith for the last few games... Although Dawson has a few creases to iron out of his game he has time on his side. 

It might be something to do with the fact he conceded 25 goals in 12 games from January to the break up because of Co Vid, in that same period we also managed to amass just 9 points (2 wins 3 draw) and score more than 2 goals which once, which we would need to do to win a game with a keeper conceding two goals a game.

We start this next season with Dawson in goal and we are going to need a lot of goals from the rest of the team to have any chance of staying up.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

It might be something to do with the fact he conceded 25 goals in 12 games from January to the break up because of Co Vid, in that same period we also managed to amass just 9 points (2 wins 3 draw) and score more than 2 goals which once, which we would need to do to win a game with a keeper conceding two goals a game.

We start this next season with Dawson in goal and we are going to need a lot of goals from the rest of the team to have any chance of staying up.

Or you could see the start of Dawson’s season with a better, settled defence as a more accurate example of his ability.....a period where, despite the ending, meant that his season’s clean sheets ratio was better than that of many people’s ‘best keeper in the league’

5 hours ago, Big Jack said:

Not at all, 4 years ago he was the best keeper in the league by miles. Time and injuries have caught up, no way is he the same keeper who alone kept us in the playoffs on many occasion. 

You have to accept when players are past their best to leave sentiments aside and move them on.

Well I agree with you . Why did he get a new 2 year contract if he’s supposedly so bad though ? I will never understand Chansiri and whoever it is that banish players and pay them for nothing It just doesn’t make sense .

8 minutes ago, Ian said:

Or you could see the start of Dawson’s season with a better, settled defence as a more accurate example of his ability.....a period where, despite the ending, meant that his season’s clean sheets ratio was better than that of many people’s ‘best keeper in the league’

Dawson can stop a shot but his distribution is woeful, he does not command his defence and he has at least one clanger a match that normally leads to a goal.

The only thing we will have if Dawson starts as first choice and that is to score 2 goals to have any chance of winning games. Something that we only managed 14 times in 46 games last season with 6 strikers, now we have only 1 who has only scored in 1 games all season.

We seriously need a few strikers in before the first game. 

5 hours ago, james o connor said:

Don’t talk sense on here ... 

he was great now he’s anything but . The fact people still want him in the team is bewildering. 

Maybe it’s because he’s still under contract , no worse than any other keeper and is getting paid for nothing .either get rid or play him this gardening leave rubbish for being naughty is embarrassing. 

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Dawson can stop a shot but his distribution is woeful, he does not command his defence and he has at least one clanger a match that normally leads to a goal.

Makes you wonder how he kept so many clean sheets then?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ian said:

Please don’t say that Dawson has a better record than Westwood you have a short memory if you are . 

55 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Please don’t say that Dawson has a better record than Westwood you have a short memory if you are . 

Records aren’t subject to memory, they are a matter of fact. Check them

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Be interesting to see who Monk goes with in goal. Wildsmith or Dawson.?

Chocolate teapot or the roadcone 🤔