Westwood wanted by Blackburn despite his ‘injuries’

5 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

No error Dotty. I’ll repeat what I said with a bit more detail and add some capitals to make it simple for you.

HE WAS a great keeper but it is plain for anyone who saw his performances that his standards have dropped considerably and isn’t worth the salary he is supposedly on.

Thanks for the past performances but it’s now time to move on.

please don't call me dotty, there is another poster on here with the name ... (three dots) and has been called out for talking rubbish about something...different posters.

Again though, can you give me the stats?

1 minute ago, sw1867 said:

I’ve already told you I’m not. If you want to prove a point, you dig out the stats. 

I can understand you saying he’s better than Dawson / Wildsmith. I can understand you saying he has been a great keeper. What I don’t understand is anyone who says he has put in those same high standards over the last 18 months because he simply hasn’t.

bizarre

17 minutes ago, Dot said:

I don't know how many times people have to say this

he is not injured and he is not claiming to be injured

saying on twitter that you aren't injured could be a completely different thing to what he is telling the management team

In fact it doesn't take much to imagine the following conversation

"I'm not injured boss"  (I'll stick that on twitter) " but something feels not quite right and I cant see me lasting 90 minutes and if I have to sit on the bench I'll get stiff and it takes me an hour to warm up"

Just now, Ian said:

saying on twitter that you aren't injured could be a completely different thing to what he is telling the management team

"I'm not injured boss"  (I'll stick that on twitter) " but something feels not quite right and I cant see me lasting 90 minutes and if I have to sit on the bench I'll get stiff and it takes me an hour to warm up"

It was more the repsonse...mr manager, Westwood is injured that's why he isn't playing, ...Westwood, no I am not injured

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Don't blame him

He's been treated appallingly

We could have let him go after Jos froze him out but after Bruce triggered a clause in his contract by playing him we exercised that clause and re-signed him. Then froze him out again just a few weeks into his new contract

Why do you say that...he was the one who signed the contract and took the rewards from it

Just now, Dot said:

It was more the repsonse...mr manager, Westwood is injured that's why he isn't playing, ...Westwood, no I am not injured

exactly......followed by the rest of the sentence I posted that he decided not to share with social media

1 hour ago, Ian said:

What a load of crap.

Speculation speculatiuon...............

Edited by Ray Von shabba
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, k_guite said:

Westwood - 14 apps, 15 goals conceded. 

Dawson - 24 apps, 34 goals conceded. 

Wildsmith - 9 apps, 17 goals conceded. 

Tell me who performed best last season. 

Its not just stats like this you also have to consider how the goals were conceded....a 25 yard unstoppable worldie or one that goes straight through the keepers hands and how it impacts the result

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, k_guite said:

And yet if you use ‘clean sheets’ (which is apparently sacred to many Westwood fans) then you get a different result 

Guest Bulgaria
26 minutes ago, k_guite said:

Thing is.... You can rely on two of those to not call you up on matchday saying you have another " injury"

Think Blackburn are out of the running now as they are signing a keeper from Gent on a 2 year deal.

Also the stats above about goals conceded can’t be trusted alone. You have to factor in other things like who had the most changeable defence in front of them each week and shots to goals ratios.

• Like 1

"hi Daryl do you want to coach for me? I don't like the best keeper at the club so you need to work with the two youth graduates that usually make an error every couple of weeks

If we get rid of Westwood we can buy a decent keeper but he's on so much money that nobody will take him. Good luck"

• Haha 1