Westwood wanted by Blackburn despite his ‘injuries’

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Don't blame him

He's been treated appallingly

We could have let him go after Jos froze him out but after Bruce triggered a clause in his contract by playing him we exercised that clause and re-signed him. Then froze him out again just a few weeks into his new contract

#prayforkieren

🙏🙏🙏

:duntmatter:

• Haha 3

Guest Grandad
11 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Yep, big mistake by Bruce and the club in giving him another two years.

I don't agree that he's been treated appallingly though. Just my opinion. 

Could well be that he sits out his contract as he won't be in the 25 man squad for the coming season so if he does opt to stay and collect the dosh for a year it'll pretty much be career end.

The 25 doesn't count in the Championship i don't think

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
46 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

We need a new keeper. 

When we have the best keeper in the Championship on our payroll

Utterly mental 

Will never forgive Ginger Jos 

1 minute ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

When we have the best keeper in the Championship on our payroll

Utterly mental 

Will never forgive Ginger Jos 

you ain’t reading what I said. He used to be the best keeper in the championship. He isn’t no more nowhere near. 

• Like 1

if i was westwood on 20k a week i'd be seeing out my contract coz he'll never get another one like that ......theres no doubt that  he deserved to lose his place pre xmas as he was culpable for 5 or 6 of the goals he conceded . that the other 2 havnt covered themselves in glory replacing him is a disappointment ......none of us know why when westwood is left out he doesnt appear to take his turn on the bench but he never does which must alienate him to the manager that leaves him out .....a sad state of affairs but i'd be siding with the manager 

• Like 2

On 20/08/2020 at 18:09, Sleepy Joes Cafe said:

Best goalkeeper we have had since Ron Springett but get him off our books asap

Tripe 

Made costly mistakes, not a patch on Martin Hodge or Kevin Pressman to name but two, and they played in a higher league. There’s a reason he wasn’t playing in the prem.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs
  • Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
12 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

you ain’t reading what I said. He used to be the best keeper in the championship. He isn’t no more nowhere near. 

He isn’t the best keeper in the championship...but name be a better keeper who is contracted to swfc

Just now, Therealrealist said:

He isn’t the best keeper in the championship...but name be a better keeper who is contracted to swfc

We ain’t got one. That’s why we should be in the market for a keeper on a more reasonable wage and get shut of Westwood. 

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, sheffwed1 said:

We ain’t got one. That’s why we should be in the market for a keeper on a more reasonable wage and get shut of Westwood. 

So we have Westwood..one year left..wildsmith and Dawson 3 and 4 years left..not to mention Paul Jones on another one year contract...and you think we will be signing another keeper 😆😄

I'm not sure what people don't get with Westwood

Westwood is not injured, he is not pretending to be injured

Jos and Monk are telling you he is injured to excuse their ridiculous decisions. but he is not injured

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

So we have Westwood..one year left..wildsmith and Dawson 3 and 4 years left..not to mention Paul Jones on another one year contract...and you think we will be signing another keeper 😆😄

Westwood gone. 
Dawson or Wildsmith loaned out. 
Keeper brought in. 

That’s what should be done... not saying it will happen I don’t think we will. 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, sheffwed1 said:

Westwood gone. 
Dawson or Wildsmith loaned out. 
Keeper brought in. 

That’s what should be done... not saying it will happen I don’t think we will. 

Westwood won’t be gone..wildsmith and Dawson won’t be loaned out and another keeper won’t be brought in...but apart from that I totally agree with yer 😬

Just now, Therealrealist said:

dawson and  wildsmith  as they do there best for the club where as westwood seems to do whats best for him .....if the former are prepared to sit on the bench when they arnt 1st choice tell me why westwood never does and why you think  that makes him a better keeper  for  us .  

11 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Westwood is done as far as Wednesday are concerned, Jones only extended until the end of the season, Dawson & Wildsmith aren't good enough & one of them needs to be loaned out. A new keeper should be one of our priorities.

• Like 4

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, torryowl said:

dawson and  wildsmith  as they do there best for the club where as westwood seems to do whats best for him .....if the former are prepared to sit on the bench when they arnt 1st choice tell me why westwood never does and why you think  that makes him a better keeper  for  us .  

🥴    Gettin borin this now..if any player ‘refused’ to sit on the bench they would be in breach of contract and said contract wud be torn up..it’s been done to death so I’ve no further comment