Charlton fans crying their little eyes out!

I understand why they are upset to a degree.

But look at what they are actually crying about. They finished second from bottom on merit in a league where three teams go down. And they are whining because they EFL failed to relegate two teams from a stronger position on non-footballing technicalities.

I could understand if they finished 3rd from bottom on merit and were disappointed that one team hadn't been demoted to save them, but two? Needing two non-footballing demotions to save your team hardly suggests you deserve a place in the league.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

2010 if Palace had 12 point deduction instead of 10 we would have stayed up.

Dont recall much in the way of whinging more a case of we were shìt....and we knew it.

Might be the case but in my view that a slightly different situation. The verdict was 10 and it wasn't enough to keep us safe. If the verdict for place was 12 which would have seen us safe but was then moved to the next season I think we'd have been annoyed

2 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Dont recall much in the way of whinging more a case of we were shìt....and we knew it.

We wouldn't , we would have gone down on points difference.   They finished 2 points above us. 

Guest Jack the Hat
3 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Exactly this. If you finish second from bottom you are poo and deserve to go down. Take your medicine and don’t embarrass yourself.

4 hours ago, doubleo said:

Another club not happy with the EFL. The clubs ARE the EFL. So get together and do something about the incompetence of those running it. It’s not Wednesday fault there’s confusion about the rules, nor the length of time it’s taken to get the hearing sorted. As for Charlton - glass house and stones comes to mind.

Thats the problem..

The EFL are representatives of the clubs in the league, clubs that by enlarge all have different grievances with each other and are also obviously all competitive, it makes it hard to just "change the EFL", that woudl be like saying lets change the UN..someones gonna veto you

5 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Thats the problem..

The EFL are representatives of the clubs in the league, clubs that by enlarge all have different grievances with each other and are also obviously all competitive, it makes it hard to just "change the EFL", that woudl be like saying lets change the UN..someones gonna veto you

I understand the Clubs are the EFL but there are obviously staff and official officers employed by the EFL, presumably then, paid by the clubs to run the organisation efficiently. Whatever your view of the Wednesday case it has been handled appallingly by the Officers and/or staff of the “EFL” not the clubs themselves. And to pass comment about the integrity of of D.C. because English is not his first language and he used an interpreter is disgusting. Someone’s head should be rolling.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

Why do they think we're bothered that they won the L1 title in 2012? Nobody cares, it was all about catching and pipping the pigs. All anyone remembers about Charlton from that season is their disgusting and embarrassing time wasting shenanigans. Same when they played here this year, except that they deservedly came unstuck deep into the time added on for their own cheating and lost the point that would have kept them up. What a shame.

100% this, no one cares about them most people don't have a clue where Charton even is.

Just another depressing crime ridden part of London, won't miss going there.

I suppose they can look forward to their derby against FC Wimbledon now.

So Charlton are saying we cheated because we broke FFP by overspending.

So anyone with a bigger wage budget and transfer budget than Charlton are cheating then.

Much like all these teams that get to the Premier League and overspend, then get support for being relegated, so they can keep overspending. 

Bournemouth for example had to compete at the same level with Man City, I wonder what the difference in budgets are?

Football is not and has not been a level playing field ever.

Charlton are a terrible club.

6 hours ago, ANDY said:

To be fair. If our positions were reversed we’d be kicking off too. 

Some would, mostly the efl haters i would think, so 95% of our fan base would get reyt mardy. The others would just moan about DC not spending enough to stay up, prob the same ones who moan like foook cos he's spent too much.:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, alanharper said:

Why do they think we're bothered that they won the L1 title in 2012? Nobody cares, it was all about catching and pipping the pigs. All anyone remembers about Charlton from that season is their disgusting and embarrassing time wasting shenanigans. Same when they played here this year, except that they deservedly came unstuck deep into the time added on for their own cheating and lost the point that would have kept them up. What a shame.

I'd forgot they won the title, who cares about as important as the ZDS cup...