Charlton fans crying their little eyes out!

2 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

The EFL are representatives of the clubs in the league,

Yep the majority keeping the minority from having a go..cos they can afford to.

We can spend as much as rotherham and wycome foookin wandererers. So not all bad.

But then if they ended getting loaned up and having a go, spent £39m in 3 years...and failed. They would go bust. Ffp at its best.

6 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Absolutely this. 

It's clear from some of the Charlton quotes that they haven't the faintest idea of the finer points of the report and are just mouthing off. They don't even seem to realise that we were guilty more of incompetence and complacency rather than 'cheating' as the report makes clear and that their relegation is more to do with the similar hopelessness of the EFL.

But going on their site and goading them seems a bit undignified and small time for me. 

But not one Wednesday fan has gone on their site to wind them up, have you read it? 

There is a Wednesday fan trying to explain our situation but has been met with abuse, so they aren't one bit interested mate.

14 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

And I'm crying with laughter, here are a few corkers to read, not sure who's been winding them up...

It isn't because you support another club, it is because you come on here trying to tell us your club is innocent when it is just a cheating club that has been found guilty and got off too lightly. You will not win your appeal because the crime was as clear as day. 

-----

There will be loads of laughs all over the leagues if you get relegated next season. I can promise you that. And whatever happens you will always be cheats. 

-----

If the league had given Wednesday permission to cheat, surely Wednesday would have got that recorded or in writing. Had they done so the evidence would be plastered everywhere. There is no evidence because the EFL either gave no such permission or answered a general question that Wednesday decided to interpret as permission to cheat.

Who is going to give a club permission to sell their own ground and push the sale back in the records when the company set up to buy it didn't even exist? Even the EFL are not that incompetent. But they are incompetent enough to have let Wednesday off too lightly and you may believe that by arguing your cheating club has a position. It does not. Cheating is for the lowest of the low. I'd rather be in League One than support a club that will have that label around them for many years to come.

----

Yes, compensation is all we can hope for and hopefully it will come from Wednesday's cheating pockets.

----

CHEATING CHEATS 
To be fair the deduction could not be placed on the club in the 18/19 season as the investigation had not been completed. 
Therefore it should have been applied to the 19/20 season. 
As it has not been, it can only be applied to the 20/21 season. An appeal might see that increased to a 24 point deduction, of which I hope is the case. 

----

It’ll be so funny if EFL relegated them on appeal can’t imagine the amount They’ll wine and cry about it. It was bad enough when we had the audacity to win the league one title off them. Surprised they didn’t appeal to F A over that. 

----

Scummy fan base, are you going to send the big boys round.
STICK YOUR CORRUPT CLUB UP YOUR ARSE, and ******** off while you're doing it.

I read that in a cockney accent😁

• Haha 1

People saying if it was the other way around we'd be going crazy but I certainly wouldn't be. I'd accept we weren't good enough over the course of 46 matches and not want us to depend on TWO other sides being handed a points deduction in order to stay up. It would leave a bitter taste 

They should quit their moaning as they are hardly squeaky clean themselves

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

Have they drawn them in the Carabao cup? If not, it's doubtful they will be playing them, as Wycombe are in the Championship next season.

Forget about that.... I’m not too genned up on Wycombe or division one .

12 hours ago, scilly owl said:

This post has really cheered me up .

Some cracking spelling too... “wine and cry”...flippin hilarious.

I’m hoping for more classy stuff from them during the coming season, they will have plenty of time to hammer away at their keyboards during the picturesque and fun filled away days to Fleetwood, Rochdale, Wycombe and Plymouth... lucky devils.

I think you will find it's "WHINE"

Just Saying like!   😊

12 hours ago, scilly owl said:

This post has really cheered me up .

Some cracking spelling too... “wine and cry”...flippin hilarious.

I’m hoping for more classy stuff from them during the coming season, they will have plenty of time to hammer away at their keyboards during the picturesque and fun filled away days to Fleetwood, Rochdale, Wycombe and Plymouth... lucky devils.

Pay attention at the back, WYCOMBE IS IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP! lol

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Key said:

Charlton fans trying to take the moral high ground; you couldn’t make it up!

:duntmatter:

Same set of fans that disrupted numerous games at the valley by throwing stuff on the pitch .Wonder how many games they won after disrupting an away team by using their so called protests as a diversionary tactic. Can’t remember ever seeing any punishment for any of that from the EFL.Dare I say if that was Leeds they would have been playing behind closed doors

This is a question, not a statement of fact

But can both parties appeal? I would guess not. Surely the appeal hears arguments from both sides? otherwise you have two appeals going on alongside each other

33 minutes ago, Dot said:

This is a question, not a statement of fact

But can both parties appeal? I would guess not. Surely the appeal hears arguments from both sides? otherwise you have two appeals going on alongside each other

Haven't got a clue ( a statement that can be applied to the vast majority of my posts)!

21 hours ago, bradowl said:

We hardly benefited from this financial gain. 

Signing the likes of Matias, Boyd, Jones, Abdi, Rhodes, Van Aken, Reach, Pelupessy, Lachman, Sougou, Butterfield and one or two others hardly gave as an advantage over others.

Infact we should be claiming compensation. lol

We should have registered as a charity and got some tax back after signing that lot. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Animis said:

Charlton have a good case to kick off with the EFL over how they handled our case. We clearly could and probably should have been relegated the season just gone and Charlton would have therefore, stayed up.

However, fans being fans simply go over the top and start using words like 'cheat'. We haven't cheated - we've been incompetent in trying to use the EFL's own rule loop hoops to our advantage, just like Reading, Aston Villa and Derby.

If anything, the EFL were compliant in the avoidance attempt, and we were rubbish in implementing it.

Just one point but a very significant one is the EFL rules don’t allow for our points deduction last season or next season. The deduction should take place the season after the breach. In which case it would have had no effect. It was the EFL fooling about that caused the delay going after ridiculous and trumped up charges. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1