Charlton fans crying their little eyes out!

2 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Charlton Athletic.  Est 1984.

Sailing close to the wind again looking at their shitshow of an ownership situation. 

Wonder if they want their 12 point deduction at the point of administration or 2 years later with only a handful of games left, relegating them, with no opportunity to recover on the pitch?

• Like 4

To be fair, they have every right to be pee'd off. Turn the tables around and so would we. 

But they are venting their anger in the wrong direction. I think by the end of this when we lose our appeal (I'm sure we will) we will accept our wrong doing and the points deduction. But unfortunately the issues around when the deduction is applied simply has nothing to do with us and that failing is held by the EFL. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Remember, this isn't over.  We've appealed one charge, we don't know if the EFL have appealed the second charge, or the timing of the punishment of the first.

wasn’t the cut off date for any appeal yesterday ( Tuesday 18th ). Surely they would have published news if they were appealing ? 

2 minutes ago, poite said:

To be fair, they have every right to be pee'd off. Turn the tables around and so would we. 

But they are venting their anger in the wrong direction. I think by the end of this when we lose our appeal (I'm sure we will) we will accept our wrong doing and the points deduction. But unfortunately the issues around when the deduction is applied simply has nothing to do with us and that failing is held by the EFL. 

2010 if Palace had 12 point deduction instead of 10 we would have stayed up.

Dont recall much in the way of whinging more a case of we were shìt....and we knew it.

• Like 6

Charlton have a good case to kick off with the EFL over how they handled our case. We clearly could and probably should have been relegated the season just gone and Charlton would have therefore, stayed up.

However, fans being fans simply go over the top and start using words like 'cheat'. We haven't cheated - we've been incompetent in trying to use the EFL's own rule loop hoops to our advantage, just like Reading, Aston Villa and Derby.

If anything, the EFL were compliant in the avoidance attempt, and we were rubbish in implementing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This post has really cheered me up .

Some cracking spelling too... “wine and cry”...flippin hilarious.

I’m hoping for more classy stuff from them during the coming season, they will have plenty of time to hammer away at their keyboards during the picturesque and fun filled away days to Fleetwood, Rochdale, Wycombe and Plymouth... lucky devils.

49 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Suck my fat one Charlton:

Charlton 'risk expulsion from Football League' as EFL demand details of takeover.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-risk-expulsion-football-league-efl-demand-details-takeover-a4510536.html?amp

My natural instinct reaction to hearing about another club’s predicament would be to feel sorry for the fans of the club concerned - but, having read Charlton fans comments in the OP, this time I don’t 

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

It's a bit sad to go on the wind up.  If it was a bit of fun and meant with no harm intended, so be it.  But it sounds more bitter winners and rubbing noses then anything else.

Remember, this isn't over.  We've appealed one charge, we don't know if the EFL have appealed the second charge, or the timing of the punishment of the first.

Charlton are in a dodgy place themselves, but that's not been caused by any fan on any forum, just like that is the case at Wednesday.  Seeing working class people pit themselves against each other because of the actions and  of multi-millionaires and to protect their (dis)honour, well, jump right in if that's the kind of person you are.

Absolutely this. 

It's clear from some of the Charlton quotes that they haven't the faintest idea of the finer points of the report and are just mouthing off. They don't even seem to realise that we were guilty more of incompetence and complacency rather than 'cheating' as the report makes clear and that their relegation is more to do with the similar hopelessness of the EFL.

But going on their site and goading them seems a bit undignified and small time for me. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

I’m hoping for more classy stuff from them during the coming season, they will have plenty of time to hammer away at their keyboards during the picturesque and fun filled away days to Fleetwood, Rochdale, Wycombe and Plymouth... lucky devils.

Have they drawn them in the Carabao cup? If not, it's doubtful they will be playing them, as Wycombe are in the Championship next season.

Can’t say I wouldn’t be annoyed if the shoe was in the other foot.

However, you might not be competing at the right level if you rely on another club getting a points deduction, that if at all, should have been applied during a season you weren’t even in said league, to stay above the relegation positions.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

Ahem,its us that  will have the enjoyment of wycombe away  !!