Charlton fans crying their little eyes out!

On 19/08/2020 at 08:40, bradowl said:

We hardly benefited from this financial gain. 

Signing the likes of Matias, Boyd, Jones, Abdi, Rhodes, Van Aken, Reach, Pelupessy, Lachman, Sougou, Butterfield and one or two others hardly gave as an advantage over others.

Infact we should be claiming compensation. lol

Or the EFL should be investigating our agents role in this mess...

:duntmatter:

2 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

What fans did Charlton steal from Gillingham?

If you're on about when they were homeless, they never played home games at Gillingham.  That was Brighton. 

Back in the 90s, in order to fill the Valley, Charlton actively recruited fans from Gillingham and the nearby area. 

They would advertise in Gillingham (outside the Priestfield) and coach them into London and back. 

"At the time, die-hard Gillingham fans would leave Priestfield stadium after another dismal performance and would be met with something worse than seeing their side lose: people outside the ground advertising their superior rivals, Charlton Athletic, telling them to forget about the local club they've supported for decades and watch their rivals instead."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Back in the 90s, in order to fill the Valley, Charlton actively recruited fans from Gillingham and the nearby area. 

They would advertise in Gillingham (outside the Priestfield) and coach them into London and back. 

"At the time, die-hard Gillingham fans would leave Priestfield stadium after another dismal performance and would be met with something worse than seeing their side lose: people outside the ground advertising their superior rivals, Charlton Athletic, telling them to forget about the local club they've supported for decades and watch their rivals instead."

Proper tinpot

On 19/08/2020 at 01:54, TaxiMark said:

And I'm crying with laughter, here are a few corkers to read, not sure who's been winding them up...

It isn't because you support another club, it is because you come on here trying to tell us your club is innocent when it is just a cheating club that has been found guilty and got off too lightly. You will not win your appeal because the crime was as clear as day. 

-----

There will be loads of laughs all over the leagues if you get relegated next season. I can promise you that. And whatever happens you will always be cheats. 

-----

If the league had given Wednesday permission to cheat, surely Wednesday would have got that recorded or in writing. Had they done so the evidence would be plastered everywhere. There is no evidence because the EFL either gave no such permission or answered a general question that Wednesday decided to interpret as permission to cheat.

Who is going to give a club permission to sell their own ground and push the sale back in the records when the company set up to buy it didn't even exist? Even the EFL are not that incompetent. But they are incompetent enough to have let Wednesday off too lightly and you may believe that by arguing your cheating club has a position. It does not. Cheating is for the lowest of the low. I'd rather be in League One than support a club that will have that label around them for many years to come.

----

Yes, compensation is all we can hope for and hopefully it will come from Wednesday's cheating pockets.

----

CHEATING CHEATS 
To be fair the deduction could not be placed on the club in the 18/19 season as the investigation had not been completed. 
Therefore it should have been applied to the 19/20 season. 
As it has not been, it can only be applied to the 20/21 season. An appeal might see that increased to a 24 point deduction, of which I hope is the case. 

----

It’ll be so funny if EFL relegated them on appeal can’t imagine the amount They’ll wine and cry about it. It was bad enough when we had the audacity to win the league one title off them. Surprised they didn’t appeal to F A over that. 

----

Scummy fan base, are you going to send the big boys round.
STICK YOUR CORRUPT CLUB UP YOUR ARSE, and ******** off while you're doing it.

I feel for them if I’m honest. We’d be just the same. Whether it’s us or the EFL to blame, who’s to say but the Charlton fans aren’t going to be magnanimous about it; someone has fvvcked them over. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

To be fair, don't we have a minibus from Rovrum every game?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

If you can come up with examples of Wednesday having actively canvassed outside of Millmoor or New York to recruit Rotherham fans then please do share.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

I feel for them if I’m honest. We’d be just the same. Whether it’s us or the EFL to blame, who’s to say but the Charlton fans aren’t going to be magnanimous about it; someone has fvvcked them over. 

In what way?

52 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

Not quite the same as the club doing it officially is it. 

Pretty sure the coaches were free to and from Kent when they were in the PL. 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

In what way?

We’ve fvvcked them over by breaking the rules (we have been found guilty after all) and/or the EFL have fvvcked them over by dilly dallying when the should have been handling our charge. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not stating that I think we deserve the charge and that it’s correct and just, I’m just saying that, based upon the result of the enquiry, at this point in time, Charlton are the victims of some foul play or incompetence by another party. 

5 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Feel sorry for the fans.

They are just football fans who love their club and want what's best for it like the rest of us around the country with our own clubs. 

Hope they get sorted and finally find a decent owner to stabilise them.

^^ This. 

Top fans Charlton.  Just imagine an ex owner who sells the club and keeps the valuable land round the stadium so they can't access it!

They formed their own political party, the Valley party, so the could take control of the planning committee and get home again.  Potentially big club too.  They had 75,000 crowds before the war. 

Don't understand the hatred of them on here.  

20 minutes ago, shandypants said:

We’ve fvvcked them over by breaking the rules (we have been found guilty after all) and/or the EFL have fvvcked them over by dilly dallying when the should have been handling our charge. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not stating that I think we deserve the charge and that it’s correct and just, I’m just saying that, based upon the result of the enquiry, at this point in time, Charlton are the victims of some foul play or incompetence by another party. 

We broke the rules as things stand according to 3 years of accounts to 2017-18. The charge should have been raised and dealt with in 2018-19 as even though our accounts were late with CH, EFL rules dictate that they would have had management accounts for the 2017-18 year by December 2018 and would have known if we had breached. 

The bungling mess made after that in relation to whether to allow the stadium sale in those accounts caused the delay but that is not our fault. Since the 2017-18 accounts we have let high earners leave and have stopped paying out big fees and big new contracts. To punish us resulting in relegation in 2019-20 would be far more unjust than the decision taken to date. Charlton are much less victims than anyone who finished within 12 points of us in the 2018-19 season. They have not got relegated as a result of any foul play and we have not f**ked them over..

7 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

^^ This. 

Top fans Charlton.  Just imagine an ex owner who sells the club and keeps the valuable land round the stadium so they can't access it!

They formed their own political party, the Valley party, so the could take control of the planning committee and get home again.  Potentially big club too.  They had 75,000 crowds before the war. 

'Potentially big club' who actively canvassed support outside the grounds of other clubs when they were in the PL and bused fans of other clubs in from further afield for free.

The way their club has been run and continues to be run is a disgrace but they are barking up the wrong tree with us. Far more sympathy for Wigan's fans as they have been seemingly deliberately screwed over from within.

2 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

^^ This. 

You should get down there and offer your support.

I hear you can get a coach from Gillingham.