Charlton fans crying their little eyes out!

3 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

In all fairness, they have a point.
If the boot was on the other foot we’d be acting exactly the same.

Like when we went down in 1990 and Swindon got kicked out of Premier League for wrong doings, we expected to be saved with finishing 3rd to bottom, instead play off losers Sunderland was given their place. 

I can't recall us kicking a big fuss up though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Like when we went down in 1990 and Swindon got kicked out of Premier League for wrong doings, we expected to be saved with finishing 3rd to bottom, instead play off losers Sunderland was given their place. 

Had social media been around the proverbial sh*t would have hit the fan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

This forum went into meltdown. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Well, the EFL aren't appealing so bye bye Charlton.

Might want to turn your attention to whether your club is going to exist in a few weeks.

I don't like Charlton after all this, but i hope the sue the EFL and win. Bloody shambles from start to finish. 

Just now, Daizan10 said:

I don't like Charlton after all this, but i hope the sue the EFL and win. Bloody shambles from start to finish. 

Nah, bo11ocks to them.

They were crap and deserved to go down.

Theyd happily see us go kaput.

Good flipping riddance.

Suppose those fans they stole from Gillingham many moons ago can be returned.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Nah, bo11ocks to them.

They were crap and deserved to go down.

Theyd happily see us go kaput.

Good flipping riddance.

Suppose those fans they stole from Gillingham many moons ago can be returned.

Some of them would "see us kaput", as evidently some of ours would them. But the EFL need to learn they cant act like they have been doing, and Charlton have a legitimate case that the delay in our hearing being resolved, meaning it couldn't be applied this season, was down to the EFL pursuing vendetta's (without evidence) against our hierarchy. I wouldn't want them out of business (nor will i cry if it happens) and whatever they can get off the efl in damages might teach the efl a lesson. 

Also it looks really poor if many of the member cubs are suing their own body. 

Edited by Daizan10
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Daizan10 said:

Some of them would "see us kaput", as evidently some of ours would them. But the EFL need to learn they cant act like they have been doing, and Charlton have a legitimate case that the delay in our hearing being resolved, meaning it couldn't be applied this season, was down to the EFL pursuing vendetta's (without evidence) against our hierarchy. I wouldn't want them out of business (nor will i cry if it happens) and whatever they can get off the efl in damages might teach the efl a lesson. 

Also it looks really poor if many of the member cubs are suing their own body. 

They have no case to hear. Had the EFL been run properly the points would have come off during the 18/19 season. 

2 minutes ago, MRGRIM said:

They have no case to hear. Had the EFL been run properly the points would have come off during the 18/19 season. 

But once they had held it over it was delayed this season due to the charges they falsely laid against DC and KM. 

2 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

But once they had held it over it was delayed this season due to the charges they falsely laid against DC and KM. 

This season is over. I don't see how applying them to this season is different to applying them to the correct season, other than it helps Chartlon out

Its not, but they cant apply them to the current season (if they do the season will start with some teams, potentially, in the wrong division. They also aren't going to go back a season. But Charlton could get some money out of it, unless someone can argue that it was improper for the efl to not apply the punishment a year ago as once it is established that was not an abuse of power there is only the fact they dragged it out this year to address. 

34 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

I hope the EFL then sue the PL for ruining football in England.

Edited by Swiss Toni
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Its not, but they cant apply them to the current season (if they do the season will start with some teams, potentially, in the wrong division. They also aren't going to go back a season. But Charlton could get some money out of it, unless someone can argue that it was improper for the efl to not apply the punishment a year ago as once it is established that was not an abuse of power there is only the fact they dragged it out this year to address. 

But it wasn't the EFL who didn't want the points applied this season was it? It went to an independent hearing and they decided. 

1 minute ago, MRGRIM said:

But it wasn't the EFL who didn't want the points applied this season was it? It went to an independent hearing and they decided. 

They wanted it applied this season, but it had to be done a while back for the appeal to not take it into next season. They fooked it up big style. 

Why do people insist Charlton pathetic have a case ...

1. They were rubbish on the pitch and are where they are because of it !

2. They were in Championship in 2015/16 but in League 1 2016/17 & 2017/18 when the offence occurred so were not really affected - they were crap in 2015/16 too so got relegated!

3. We didn't gain any advantage (I.e promotion or financial gain).... despite our stupid spending !

4. The points deduction should have been applied to 2018/19 as per the report ... yes pathetic were still in League 1 in 2018/19 season so not affected either .. this is the real point !

5. They still haven't provided proof of ownership to the EFL ... so believe they are using this as a deflection technique to hide from their own off-field problems

6. Most importantly - they are not even in involved in the case so as mentioned by many of people ITK - they can't appeal anyway !

7. Simply its 'Clutching at Straws' .... so anyone sticking up for them .... you ain't a Wednesday Fan! (..ooops only kidding)

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Charlton deserve to down cos they sold us Wiggins for 750k and Fox for a similar amount.

The first was crap and the second was crap apart for the last half a season, when he decided to abandon ship.

Actually not seeing Charlton play away is a bonus for the home fans in L1 at the start of the season, they're awful.

Edited by Beauchief Owl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2