BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

1 minute ago, Miffed said:

I keep reading things like this and posts saying we can spend now.... Not sure where the thinking comes from.

Unless Im mistaken, we have got -12 because we HAVE backdated the accounts. Its already been done, backdated, finished, over with.

If we had applied it to this year then we wouldnt have received the EFL charge. We need to worry about the next set of finances which need to be submitted any time soon.

Isn't today the deadline for the accounts?

Guest gizowl
12 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I did think. Are you sure leagues one and two will start again? Plenty of good players in there, potentially unemployed. How do you know who we were originally after? We are still a big draw for a player who has to earn a wage. The amount of released players will far outweigh the clubs chasing them imo.

Hope your right and it's as simple as that, time will tell. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't think he's revelling in it mate

I think he's in an angry place having told us all these facts for months/years now

What he's warned of has come to fruition

He probably is but he does get too worked up. It's not as if the result has been inconceivable and people have been burying their heads. Most people saw something like this coming sadly.

It's what gets done about it now because their is nothing much that can be done about what has past. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

The laughing boys have arrived. 

Who does that refer to? 

1 minute ago, apswfcowl said:

I think the difference is that we included the sale of the ground in the previous years accounts. Without it we went over the limit. Once it was put into the correct years accounts it resulted in us breaking P & S rules in the three year period in question. Derby also sold their stadiums but my guess is that they included in the correct accounting period and if so, it saved them from breaking the rules. I could be wrong on this?

Think derby are charged with over valuation if they proof the valuation is correct they will indeed get off scott free . I maybe wrong though just my recollection of there charge 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Until the facts are released who know but it will be difficult to shop for good players who are happy to start the careers at a new club on minus 12 points.

Granted, up to a point. Just posted similar to another fella. Gonna be plenty of released players out there, far outnumbering clubs after them.  Maybe even leagues one & two going part-time. Families & mortgages still need a wage coming in. Dole or Wednesday. :biggrin: 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

He probably is but he does get too worked up. It's not as if the result has been inconceivable and people have been burying their heads. Most people saw something like this coming sadly.

It's what gets done about it now because their is nothing much that can be done about what has past. 

Who does that refer to? 

Apparent it will become. 

image.thumb.png.333c2a100339cb061f68b67fadaf90fd.png

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not surprised to be honest

What a mess

Why though? 

In what sense do they have a right to have the sanction applied to the last season? The breach occurred following the 2017-18 accounts, 2 seasons ago.

Just because the charge was raised during the past season doesn't make it any more appropriate to go on that season as it does the previous season or the next one.

Just now, Freshfish said:

And there we have it in a nutshell ... brought on by the EFL’s own incompetence and arrogance. 

Efls or our own? 

I remember asking chansiri at a fans forum what his plans were regards p&s and his response was "we have friends" 

Well with mates like that who needs enemy's. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Says the man who called me a Liverpool fan. That's pretty insulting.

Get over it mate, why are you bringing this up on here. You defend Liverpool to the hilt so don't know why i would offend you so much.

Try to stick to the subject though eh.