BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I really do disagree on that one mate

The sheer volume of fans saying we were fine, gonna get away with it, that everyone worried about it were just snowflakes etc

There were loaaaaaaads of em

You should have done a poll, I think the number expecting a points deduction of some kind would have far outweighed those not expecting one. There were plenty saying it would relegate this season though.

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Disappointing but now the club needs to recruit personnel that are up for fight instead of overpaid journeyman that have been a drain on our club for years.

What player that’s any good is going to join a team on minus 12?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

I think the difference is that we included the sale of the ground in the previous years accounts. Without it we went over the limit. Once it was put into the correct years accounts it resulted in us breaking P & S rules in the three year period in question. Derby also sold their stadiums but my guess is that they included in the correct accounting period and if so, it saved them from breaking the rules. I could be wrong on this?

Thanks. 

So sorry if I sound a bit thick can we include the sale towards the next 2 seasons accounts? Also the sale of the ground (albeit being used in the wrong set of accounts) has not breached any rules?

The joy of being a Wednesday fan. 

Thanks Chansiri and Paxo. 

A total balls up and a shambles but now is the time to learn harsh lessons and to plan long term. Things are grim and look like being that way for some time but hopefully our time will come again. Need to wise up as a club and to bring through young players.

I detest what as become of the game I loved as well kid, with rebranding, parachute payments and Sky, etc but we only have Chansiri and his advisers to blame for this mess. The only way he can save any face from this ******** up is by toughening up, learning from it and by being more astute.

The real leaders stand up in times of crisis, no more talk or promises it's time for action, and it's time Chansiri got the right people in and ditched his advisers. Truly sorry for every other long suffering fan and the younger fans that have never known good times but not sorry for our clueless owner, his reckless lack of leadership and his advisers.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, William 1867 said:

We need some kind of statement from the Chairman.

Come on DC talk to us.

He’s the best communicator with fans ever, so no doubt we’ll hear from him soon. 

Edited by Rogers

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

You should have done a poll, I think the number expecting a points deduction of some kind would have far outweighed those not expecting one. 

Maybe mate

My perception was that there was a bigger number of fans calling others 'snowflakes' for thinking we might fall foul of it than actual people who thought we were gonna get hit by points deductions etc

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

The joy of being a Wednesday fan. 

Thanks Chansiri and Paxo. 

A total balls up and a shambles but now is the time to learn harsh lessons and to plan long term.

The first thing that stuck out when I read your post mate was 'we say this every single time'

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If we start with on 0 points in League One we’d attract decent enough players to get us back out of it.

-12 in the Championship, I’d be very surprised if we attract any quality 

We are in a better position now than we were before the announcement. At least we know where we stand.

Financially we are better off now. We might have had a very bad breach of P & S but this is now one year back and the new front year will include the ground sale. I'm not saying we are flush, we probably aren't but that £60M is now going to counterbalance a lot of our P & S breach.

We aren't intending to buy expensive players who are top names, that isn't the game plan now, we are after up and coming youngsters or lower league players and they will want to make the step up even if it is with a team with a -12pt start. Maybe it will work in our favour, it means anyone who does sign for us will be up for a battle, not afraid of adversity.

Yes I'm looking on the bright side but someones got to.

( SC, this bit  isn't aimed at you) Our fans are throwing up their hands and bewailing our misfortune, where's our fighting spirit, us against the world. We won't give up, we will fight them on the beaches...............ok I'm getting carried away now.lol

You understand my point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If we start with on 0 points in League One we’d attract decent enough players to get us back out of it.

-12 in the Championship, I’d be very surprised if we attract any quality 

What a weird thought.

I'm not even sure that League 1 will even exist next season - or at least not all season. 

A 12 point catch up is about the very best we could have hoped for.

It will galvanise the team, give them a real focus to get back up to zero - then crack on from there.

Time to grow some balls SWFC, swallow your embarrasment, roll up your sleeves and put this mess right. 

Edited by davey_wells
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Can’t see how it would be.

It’d be like appealing a murder charge when they’ve got a video of you committing the crime.

I don't think we would be arguing the guilt, more the severity of the punishment.