BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

1 minute ago, PortlandOwl said:

Can't wait to see next seasons ticket prices... lol

If heads don’t come out of the sand soon, the continued impact of COVID on the game and income, will make concerns over season ticket prices look like worries over how much pocket money you give your kids. 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Selling the stadium to a company that did not exist until a year after the alledged sale. 

What did Chansiri expect the EFL do? 

What an idiot 

if me or you did that I wonder if we would be locked up for said offence. 

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Maybe mate

My perception was that there was a bigger number of fans calling others 'snowflakes' for thinking we might fall foul of it than actual people who thought we were gonna get hit by points deductions etc

I think we were always going to be in trouble. 

But I was so convinced that they wouldn't relegate us this season. Even saying we would beat the charge on the back of it.  Looks like they found a way for both to happen. A suitable punishment and no relegation. 

But we are seriously, seriously lucky that we escaped relegation having found out that we really should have been. 

Leagues one and two are not divisions you want to be in at the moment. Some teams may not even come back to play their games.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The first thing that stuck out when I read your post mate was 'we say this every single time'

This. DC won’t learn or listen. Which is why it’s going to be a long hard road out of this mess. The man won’t be selling anytime soon. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Do people think Charlton will win their appeal and we will have -12 applied now rather than next season or is it a waste of time for them? 

I don't think so. The decision should have been made long before the end of the season so that we would have at least known what we had to do to stay up. Or at least have a chance of staying up. It could go on forever. There is still a chance we could appeal the outcome. Or aooeal against Charltons appeal. It could go on forever.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

But I was so convinced that they wouldn't relegate us this season. Even saying we would beat the charge on the back of it.  Looks like they found a way for both to happen. A suitable punishment and no relegation. 

But we are seriously, seriously lucky that we escaped relegation having found out that we really should have been. 

Leagues one and two are not divisions you want to be in at the moment. Some teams may not even come back to play their games.

Big time - well said mate

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

The first thing that stuck out when I read your post mate was 'we say this every single time'

Exactly, it's been far too long, the suffering and waiting for the club to wise up and to start doing things more sensibly off the pitch. It's a nightmarish cycle that we can't seem to get out of but it's about time someone took responsibility, manned up and showed some leadership. As fans we deserve so much more, than barely more than a mere handful of exciting seasons in a lifetime. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cain said:

What player that’s any good is going to join a team on minus 12?

What player that’s any good going to join a league one team, if there’s going to be a league one. Staying up n the championship is paramount. All these who want us to get -12 this year want to take a look at themselves. If we were to go down this season I don’t know where we would finish up. At least we have a chance next season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

with the Charlton appeal we still might find ourselves a league one club next season. 

Charlton can’t ‘appeal’ the ruling. They’d just take whoever the see fit to court for compo.

See United with West Ham and Bournemouth with Hawkeye.

Nothing Charlton, or any other club, do will affect the points deduction announced.

• Like 1

Can someone answer me this!

We sold the stadium for £60 million

In the financial year it was included we made a pre tax profit of £2.5 million

Without it we would have posted a pre-tax lost of £35.4 million!

What's happend to the other £22.1 million? Surely selling the stadium for £60m means a pre tax profit of £24.6 million!

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Selling the stadium to a company that did not exist until a year after the alledged sale. 

What did Chansiri expect the EFL do? 

What an idiot 

Agreed. And with all these companies with non-existent activities, I’m embarrassed to call this my club now. 

He’s tried all the loopholes. It hasn’t worked. We’ve broken the rules. Why did he expect otherwise? Now some people are hoping other clubs get into bona fide financial trouble next year to try and save our skins. That’s what it’s come out thanks to DC’s actions and his alone.

Really don’t know what to think.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Charlton can’t ‘appeal’ the ruling. They’d just take whoever the see fit to court for compo.

See United with West Ham and Bournemouth with Hawkeye.

Nothing Charlton, or any other club, do will affect the points deduction announced.

Exactly that, they'll know the chances of getting this overturned are minimal to say the least.  However, the chances of some compensation would be relatively high. 

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Maybe mate

My perception was that there was a bigger number of fans calling others 'snowflakes' for thinking we might fall foul of it than actual people who thought we were gonna get hit by points deductions etc

Do you mean on here or in general?

If you look back over the 600 pages of the EFL case thread I think more were expecting a points deduction than not. Some had a dig at people like @WalthamOwl as he had us relegated in a new post nearly every hour!

I feared a points deduction but didn't really expect us to be relegated. I tried to defend the club on the charge on the basis that the accounts were signed off by professional accountants, not sure where this decision leaves their accounting policies or if we could get into trouble about that, seems strange that the EFL would find the sale improper but not the accountants, maybe they will have to adjust the accounts on this basis.

Those that questioned the sale throughout ultimately were right, but surely as a fanbase it is not about having a go at anyone who was defending the club?

It is embarrassing and frustrating and hugely disappointing and the owner will rightly have to answer to this. This past season has been a disaster and we now have to start the next campaign behind the 8-ball, it will be interesting to see how he addresses this. Ultimately his approach has not worked.