Players to clubs?

2 hours ago, kingsidney said:

We’re run by a madman and the only way we’re leaving this leave is through the trap door. 

Would that be the trap door from the EFL to the Conference?

2 hours ago, RevOwl said:

So we here Morgan Fox is in discussions with Coventry in the hope of getting a deal. Steven Fletcher is constantly linked with a move to Blackburn, Hutch is in talks with QPR and Fernando's about to put pen to paper on a deal with Notts Forest (or was until they missed out on the play offs). Are all 4 of those clubs really that much more appealing than SWFC? Not all of the above players were pushed out some of them actually opted out. For those clubs listed? Surely were bigger than that lot.

Fox to Coventry is a good move for him and perhaps Coventry. A promoted team who will want some Championship experience around. He's steady and considering our perceived predicament it perhaps would have been a safe option to give him another year, but I wouldn't have wanted him on a 3yr+ deal. Like Palmer, I'd like to think we could improve on Fox, but clearly time will tell.

FF is 30 and after one last pay-day. I really can't see that NF were going to sign him should they have got into the PL. He really isn't PL standard. he'll be ok with them, but he can't assume he'll be in the first team week after week. He could spend a bit of time on the bench as an impact sub - not sure he'll like that!

Fletcher is 33, and suffers injuries, so a pay as you play deal is probably all he could achieve. I think Blackburn have enough forward options but who knows, they may give him a year, but certainly not on the wages he was on with us.

Hutch needs to retire - again maybe QPR would offer him a play as you play. He was done with us anyhow and a crock, and with Monk in charge next season there was no way we would even want him.

Just now, Animis said:

Hutch needs to retire - again maybe QPR would offer him a play as you play. He was done with us anyhow and a crock, and with Monk in charge next season there was no way we would even want him.

Hutch wasn't injured at all this season and missed 3 games last season with injuries. He was frozen out here not injured, he'll be a huge asset to any club in the Championship

• Like 1

Fletcher was on a whack, or so we believe. He was never ever going to get that sort of money. Clearly the reduced terms weren't good enough. 

Nando for me should have gone when his stock was high.

Hutchinson clearly felt pushed, but he'd had his time here like both the above. 

Fox is an odd one, probably wanted more than we were prepared to offer. No great loss. 

It's what we do from now that's vitally important. We literally could sink or swim.

Of course they are more appealing. We are a car crash at the minute.

About to part ways with another god awful manager, DC and his bestie still writing the blueprint on how not to run a football club, one of the worst squads in the division, and financial mismanagement rife. We all know the points penalty is coming, just not when.

Good luck to them.

3 hours ago, RevOwl said:

So we here Morgan Fox is in discussions with Coventry in the hope of getting a deal. Steven Fletcher is constantly linked with a move to Blackburn, Hutch is in talks with QPR and Fernando's about to put pen to paper on a deal with Notts Forest (or was until they missed out on the play offs). Are all 4 of those clubs really that much more appealing than SWFC? Not all of the above players were pushed out some of them actually opted out. For those clubs listed? Surely were bigger than that lot.

All 4 players have something to offer.

Unfortunately for the clubs that sign them they'll also find baggage comes with each player ... very heavy baggage in some cases

3 minutes ago, Minton said:

Hutch wasn't injured at all this season and missed 3 games last season with injuries. He was frozen out here not injured, he'll be a huge asset to any club in the Championship

I know he was frozen out.

However, I think him being classed as 'fit' is down to the fact he's not play competitive football. Hutch was always a tackle way from limping off.

Given us some great moments in 6 seasons but very infrequent and most clubs would have called it a day long ago. I remember CC saying Hutch couldn't play in midfield at the start of 16/17 season and intended to play him at the back. Managers have tried to 'manage' his fitness but he has underlying problems which clubs will know about and shy away from him unless the deal doesn't expose them.

I don't see him being an asset at any championship club, but we'll see.

3 hours ago, RevOwl said:

I don’t think it matters. These players have opted to leave. Let’s move on with the players we have and targets we are looking at to improve us. Out of that lot, possibly but only possibly Morgan Fox May have been able to add some value to the team next year but it’s still to be seen whether that was a flash in the pan season he’s just had. 

5 minutes ago, Animis said:

I know he was frozen out.

However, I think him being classed as 'fit' is down to the fact he's not play competitive football. Hutch was always a tackle way from limping off.

Given us some great moments in 6 seasons but very infrequent and most clubs would have called it a day long ago. I remember CC saying Hutch couldn't play in midfield at the start of 16/17 season and intended to play him at the back. Managers have tried to 'manage' his fitness but he has underlying problems which clubs will know about and shy away from him unless the deal doesn't expose them.

I don't see him being an asset at any championship club, but we'll see.

154 appearances in 5 and a half seasons, despite being frozen out twice. That's a pretty good record.

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

We didn’t want forestieri because he’s a waste of fresh air . Hutchinson wasn’t wanted either 

Fletcher I’d have kept for next to nowt but he’s ageing and injury prone . Fox is a shame , stupid fans probs had a part to play in that one 

Thats exactly how I see it.We needed a clear out then some complain when they sign for other clubs, bizarre.

38 minutes ago, Animis said:

Fox to Coventry is a good move for him and perhaps Coventry. A promoted team who will want some Championship experience around. He's steady and considering our perceived predicament it perhaps would have been a safe option to give him another year, but I wouldn't have wanted him on a 3yr+ deal. Like Palmer, I'd like to think we could improve on Fox, but clearly time will tell.

FF is 30 and after one last pay-day. I really can't see that NF were going to sign him should they have got into the PL. He really isn't PL standard. he'll be ok with them, but he can't assume he'll be in the first team week after week. He could spend a bit of time on the bench as an impact sub - not sure he'll like that!

Fletcher is 33, and suffers injuries, so a pay as you play deal is probably all he could achieve. I think Blackburn have enough forward options but who knows, they may give him a year, but certainly not on the wages he was on with us.

Yet more rubbish about Hutchinson not injured all season , hardly missed any games the season before. The results with him in the side top 3 form without him bottom 3. Wants to play in London sure he will get offers.

I am absolutely sure, as certain as I can be, that none of these players will be offered higher wages than we've been paying them. They might be offered higher wages than we offered now, and if the clubs mentioned have offered them more, that's their choice. 

Over the length of their contracts none of these players was worth what we paid them. I would rather have a young, hungry team playing their hearts out like Luton Town, and playing nearly every game. These players have left our club in trouble and couldn't care less, all that badge kissing is utter rubbish.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Minton said:

Huge asset to any club in the championship?