Players to clubs?

57 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

So we here Morgan Fox is in discussions with Coventry in the hope of getting a deal. Steven Fletcher is constantly linked with a move to Blackburn, Hutch is in talks with QPR and Fernando's about to put pen to paper on a deal with Notts Forest (or was until they missed out on the play offs). Are all 4 of those clubs really that much more appealing than SWFC? Not all of the above players were pushed out some of them actually opted out. For those clubs listed? Surely were bigger than that lot.

We're in a rut, they're in a rut, sometimes it's just best for everyone to say thanks, see you! 

FF was never going to re capture his first season form after the fall out and I doubt he'll play more than 10 games before getting another injury for Forest but good luck to them all, lets move on.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, james o connor said:

We didn’t want forestieri because he’s a waste of fresh air . Hutchinson wasn’t wanted either 

Fletcher I’d have kept for next to nowt but he’s ageing and injury prone . Fox is a shame , stupid fans probs had a part to play in that one 

And Fox has only had one good year in 3! There's got to be cheaper (wage) and younger options that can replace Fletcher?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

We’re run by a madman and the only way we’re leaving this leave is through the trap door. 

I agree that Monk is a failing manager, as his miserable record shows, stupidly incompetent maybe, but I would not go as far as to say he is a madman.

Although I would not wish that he falls through a trap door, a D-taxi would be good enough. 

16 minutes ago, briggowl said:

And Fox has only had one good year in 3! There's got to be cheaper (wage) and younger options that can replace Fletcher?

You can find cheaper and younger than Fletcher. Just not as good. 

1 hour ago, RevOwl said:

So we here Morgan Fox is in discussions with Coventry in the hope of getting a deal. Steven Fletcher is constantly linked with a move to Blackburn, Hutch is in talks with QPR and Fernando's about to put pen to paper on a deal with Notts Forest (or was until they missed out on the play offs). Are all 4 of those clubs really that much more appealing than SWFC? Not all of the above players were pushed out some of them actually opted out. For those clubs listed? Surely were bigger than that lot.

Possible relegation this season 

Possible points deduction at start of next season

Chansiri

Paxo

Monk

Would you want to sign a contract with us.? 

None of these players, will be moving to a club for more money than they’re on at S6. They’re all moving because they’re pi$$ed off with what’s happening at Wednesday. Job satisfaction has to come into the equation eventually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RevOwl said:

3 of the 4 were unreliable players, in terms of fitness and availability and performance.  I'm sure 2 of them were not offered another contract anyway, as is our right.  Fletcher I'm not so sure.

Fox is the other who had a good finale but chose not to stay with us, as is his right.

Players move around the clubs, it's nothing new and has nothing to do with size.  Since our golden age of the 90s of a league cup and 3rd place finish in the league, Blackburn have won the Premier League and the league cup.  More successful than us, more recently.

27 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

None of these players, will be moving to a club for more money than they’re on at S6. They’re all moving because they’re pi$$ed off with what’s happening at Wednesday. Job satisfaction has to come into the equation eventually.

2 of them weren't offered a new contract here.  The club didn't want them any more than they wanted the club.  

They'd been here far too long anyway, we've had enough expensive players who manage 20 games a season,  this squad badly needed a freshen up,  just remains to be seen if we'll do it sensibly this time*

*we wont

• Haha 1

Fox to Coventry would be very odd. He was on the cusp of a Wales call up before the lockdown, and I keep seeing his name popping up in possible starting line ups for them too.

Surely he’d be better off somewhere who’s status in the Championship is all but guaranteed. He should be aiming for a top 8 club at least if he wants to progress. Coventry will surely be one of the favourites to go down. 

Edited by NeonLeon

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Fox to Coventry would be an odd move. I'd have thought the Stoke link more likely. Fletcher to Blackburn? News to me. They do like a golden oldie though. FF to Forest? Again, first I've heard. That's as good as he could hope for, I reckon. Hutch to QPR? Well that's been rumoured for a while. He's back in London, so.. 

Fox also linked with Stoke which is more likely I reckon.

2 hours ago, RevOwl said:

Quite why its a surprise that players who we either didn't want or wouldn't sign are talking to other clubs is a surprise.

This thread isn't a surprise though. Or the comments on it.

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

There are going to be some very odd transfers in the next 6 weeks. Clubs you wouldn’t expect will make some very good signings. 

That’s good news, because top of my list of clubs I don’t expect to make very good signings, is us

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dizzys Dad said:

They’re all moving because they can get bigger wages elsewhere and that’s ALL they really care about , don’t give me no job satisfaction rubbish these are footballers with a short career who need to make as much coin as possible 

1 hour ago, Dizzys Dad said:

None of their performances from their time here warrant a pay rise at a new club anyway. Funny how the job satisfaction has apparently come into play now they aren’t getting paid?

Guest mkowl
13 minutes ago, Nero said:

Quite why its a surprise that players who we either didn't want or wouldn't sign are talking to other clubs is a surprise.

This thread isn't a surprise though. Or the comments on it.

Exactly

Players have come and gone for years, why worry about what these players then do.

We need a re-boot then folk get their knickers in a twist when it happens