Players to clubs?

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

What?

Fletcher got injured v Forest. What was the sense for him or us in extending for 4 weeks of injury pay?

Made up injury..he’s rinsed us for 4 years..and now owns half of dore.. but Wundt give us another couple of week...yeah go n vote him player er year

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Made up injury..he’s rinsed us for 4 years..and now owns half of dore.. but Wundt give us another couple of week...yeah go n vote him player er year

and you know this was a made up injury how?

Looked pretty genuine to me. 

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, Holmowl said:

and you know this was a made up injury how?

Looked pretty genuine to me. 

It’s my opinion not a fact

Guest Therealrealist

We offered fletcher a contract on 70% reduced terms apparantly..what worked out at around 12k a week...he wasn’t avin it and he’s gone...apart from Celtic or rangers he wud be lucky to get 12k a week in england

9 hours ago, RevOwl said:

So we here Morgan Fox is in discussions with Coventry in the hope of getting a deal. Steven Fletcher is constantly linked with a move to Blackburn, Hutch is in talks with QPR and Fernando's about to put pen to paper on a deal with Notts Forest (or was until they missed out on the play offs). Are all 4 of those clubs really that much more appealing than SWFC? Not all of the above players were pushed out some of them actually opted out. For those clubs listed? Surely were bigger than that lot.

Some right nonsense on here. 

Players are mercenaries who will sign for the club that offers the most ££££££ plus right length of contract. 

We are finally learning to cut our cloth, about 2-3 years too late. 

We have to pay affordable wages within a sensible budget. 

If that means losing players like Fox and Fletcher to others that will pay more and willing to gamble so be it.

We better get used to that reality. 

I would have been happy enough for both Fox and Fletcher to stay They’re decent options, and would have meant we had less to do 

I did feel that we were too reliant on Fletcher, and whether through laziness, or by design, it became to easy to hoof it up to him 

Of course that’s not Fletcher’s fault, he’s capable of a more expansive game

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I would have been happy enough for both Fox and Fletcher to stay They’re decent options, and would have meant we had less to do 

I did feel that we were too reliant on Fletcher, and whether through laziness, or by design, it became to easy to hoof it up to him 

Of course that’s not Fletcher’s fault, he’s capable of a more expansive game

Decent player at this level but I don’t think if you look over the entire length of his contract and the wages he was on that he was good value for money.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

EVERY other member?.

Didn't Murphy improve? or Palmer?.

Take of your biased blinkers, please.

I’ll give you Murphy, but not Palmer. Don’t think he’s anywhere near where he was a couple of years ago. Sobtwo out of the entire squad, while the team, style of football, results and crowd enthusiasm have all deteriorated badly too. And I’ve got blinkers on? Come on mate, look at what’s staring you in the face.

4 hours ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

I hope Hutch goes on to show Monk how much of a twaat he was to drop him. No one player is bigger than a club, but the same could be said about a manager, fuucking us over by falling out with our best players 

3C6D6E58-AEBD-48CF-8163-1807188EEA09.gif

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

16 hours ago, the third man said:

No one said there was a good player in there all along, but we could see there was a good player when he started playing well

Sorry.

You're missing my point.

As far as I'm concerned, it was obvious there was a good player with potential all along, it's just that most people didn't WANT to see it & were more interested in going along like sheep, joining the school yard bullies in continually singling him out when other players were guilty of far worse performances & individual mistakes.

It was patently obvious there was a decent player in there, but the constant sniping & abuse was obviously inhibiting him.

He didn't suddenly go from being a sh*t player to a good one. It was the SAME player, but gradually became accepted by the ones who were a bit slow (possibly a bit slow generally maybe) in appreciating the potential. 

And now as Gurujuan said on here midweek, we need a couple of decent fullbacks / wing backs if we are to progress.

Well one, that was already in our possession has stuck two fingers up to the genius's that made his life a misery, which leaves another gap that needs filling when there would have been no need.

12 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Some right nonsense on here. 

Players are mercenaries who will sign for the club that offers the most ££££££ plus right length of contract. 

We are finally learning to cut our cloth, about 2-3 years too late. 

We have to pay affordable wages within a sensible budget. 

If that means losing players like Fox and Fletcher to others that will pay more and willing to gamble so be it.

We better get used to that reality. 

You think Fox left for more money?????

Seriously????

I would say he probably 'cut his nose off to spite his face' because he didn't like the 'environment' & realised that one bad game could kick it all off again.

10 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

You think Fox left for more money?????

Seriously????

I would say he probably 'cut his nose off to spite his face' because he didn't like the 'environment' & realised that one bad game could kick it all off again.

I think he had a good season and was largely accepted as performing consistently better than before. 

I’m sure he was big enough to accept criticism if the ££££££ was right.

So yes, pretty sure he did. Rumours were other championship clubs and Sunderland were interested. 

Either that or he wanted a longer contract. 

Are you surprised we are generally offering lower contract terms given our position financially? 

• Like 1