Players to clubs?

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Here's another rumour.

Rhodes to Blackburn, Lee Gregory to Wednesday, he's desperate to come here as well. 

Can't see why Gregory would want to come here.. he's from Sheffield but he's a Utd fan, plays for Stoke which is drivable from Sheffield so no geographic reason. Financially we aren't going to be paying the same as parachute payment clubs, so he's better off there. They have a good set up off the field, we don't... they've been poor for 2-3 seasons but this year have turned it around with an experienced manager and look solid and probably aiming for 5th-10th next season, we were good for 2 seasons and have been on the decline since with a rookie manager who picks players and sets us up to lose most weeks.

I'm sure he's desperate to come here.

4 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Thanks to a good coach perhaps?.

I just need to clarify this one. So Fox’s improvement was down to Monk?

so what was the downturn in form of every other squad member down to?

2 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Fox to Coventry would be very odd. He was on the cusp of a Wales call up before the lockdown, and I keep seeing his name popping up in possible starting line ups for them too.

Surely he’d be better off somewhere who’s status in the Championship is all but guaranteed. He should be aiming for a top 8 club at least if he wants to progress. Coventry will surely be one of the favourites to go down. 

yeah fox should go to a top eight club. He just needs to improve first

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

Of course they are more appealing. We are a car crash at the minute.

About to part ways with another god awful manager, DC and his bestie still writing the blueprint on how not to run a football club, one of the worst squads in the division, and financial mismanagement rife. We all know the points penalty is coming, just not when.

Good luck to them.

i know we are in a mess but are you sure that this is the right club for you lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Tbh I'd take the points deduction asap, sooner we have it the sooner we can rebuild 

What makes anyone think that , were  we to suffer relegation, we could rebuild and get back into the Championship easily. Remember last time?

3 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

What makes anyone think that , were  we to suffer relegation, we could rebuild and get back into the Championship easily. Remember last time?

What I'm saying is I'd rather get it sooner than later.

4 hours ago, the third man said:

which stupid fans, the ones that said he was rubbish when he was, or the ones that said he had improved a lot and deserved a new contract?

No the fan's that said he was rubbish when he clearly wasn't and who couldn't see there was a good player in there all along.

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

You can find cheaper and younger than Fletcher. Just not as good. 

Maybe, I'd have no know wage details to make an informed decision. Fletch isn't gonna give us more than 60% of games either is another consideration. 

I guess I'd keep him over having no apparent plan for recruitment! 

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

Exactly

Players have come and gone for years, why worry about what these players then do.

We need a re-boot then folk get their knickers in a twist when it happens

That's no way to treat your family lol

5 hours ago, RevOwl said:

So we here Morgan Fox is in discussions with Coventry in the hope of getting a deal. Steven Fletcher is constantly linked with a move to Blackburn, Hutch is in talks with QPR and Fernando's about to put pen to paper on a deal with Notts Forest (or was until they missed out on the play offs). Are all 4 of those clubs really that much more appealing than SWFC? Not all of the above players were pushed out some of them actually opted out. For those clubs listed? Surely were bigger than that lot.

There welcome to them,...

23 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

No the fan's that said he was rubbish when he clearly wasn't and who couldn't see there was a good player in there all along.

No one said there was a good player in there all along, but we could see there was a good player when he started playing well

Guest mkowl
56 minutes ago, briggowl said:

That's no way to treat your family lol

I think it is - unfortunately the eldest kept coming back on loan from some girl that dumped him or usually when he was not very good at sticking to personal FFP.

He then made his loan move permanent without the owners ever verifying the arrangement.

If he repeats the earlier scenario though he may be offered out on loan. He went on an end of season bender yesterday evening, rolled in at 4pm, then promptly threw up all over the patio 🤮

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

I just need to clarify this one. So Fox’s improvement was down to Monk?

so what was the downturn in form of every other squad member down to?

EVERY other member?.

Didn't Murphy improve? or Palmer?.

Take of your biased blinkers, please.

Edited by adelphi1867

Sometimes players just need to move on and so do fans. I would have thought now is the right time for all of them to move on from us, with the exception of maybe Fox, although he got some grief from the fans so probably thought a fresh start would be good. 

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Don't forget that at least Fox, Fletcher and FF refused to extend their contracts in order to complete the season. At least the much-maligned Nuhiu saw the season out.

Fox come on at Bristol city when he could have easily refused..fletcher is a disgrace..anybody who votes for fletcher in player er year hang your head in shame..credit to Dave as well for seein the season out..ff good riddance to a ******** taker

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Fox come on at Bristol city when he could have easily refused..fletcher is a disgrace..anybody who votes for fletcher in player er year hang your head in shame..credit to Dave as well for seein the season out..ff good riddance to a ******** taker

What?

Fletcher got injured v Forest. What was the sense for him or us in extending for 4 weeks of injury pay?