Carlos - Good luck

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I may be on my own thinking this but the standard of the championship was/ is rubbish the hard bit to get out is consistency it needs a fit organised and motivated squad 

I can't agree with this.

The Championship is now widely recognised as the 6th biggest league in Europe, and the intensity of it is something akin to a bar room brawl - every match/every week.

It is insanely competitive, and don't even get me started on the financial iniquity which are the 'parachute' payments.

Just now, talon said:

I can't agree with this.

The Championship is now widely recognised as the 6th biggest league in Europe, and the intensity of it is something akin to a bar room brawl - every match/every week.

It is insanely competitive, and don't even get me started on the financial iniquity which are the 'parachute' payments.

I think you need to read again 

I agree the competition is intense but   'the hard bit to get out is consistency it needs a fit organised and motivated squad' 

which part dont you agree with 

Guest Therealrealist
24 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I’m not defending Monk here, but to be fair to him a lot of the sh*t he’s inherited is a legacy from Carlos’ time here. 

Yeah..and i suppose thatcher is still to blame for everything else..

58 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Personally, a manager with personality already adds that extra ten percent for me and Carlos had that, breathed it into the club and fans and players and we all got on board.

I can’t imagine working for a gaffer as dull as Monk. Must be monotonous listening everyday. 

Our best managers have had this “personality” - Charlton, Wilko, Atkinson, Carlos. 

Yet we have a crop of fans who hate over confidence, being a bit bolshy, cocky, etc. 

The majority of Carlos’ best players were low value or free; Rhodes and Abdi were the main issues and I believe he didn’t want to sign those players. 

I seriously think we have advisors that are part of a network of advisors that are  shifting players around Europe to earn themselves commissions. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Our best managers have had this “personality” - Charlton, Wilko, Atkinson, Carlos. 

Yet we have a crop of fans who hate over confidence, being a bit bolshy, cocky, etc. 

The majority of Carlos’ best players were low value or free; Rhodes and Abdi were the main issues and I believe he didn’t want to sign those players. 

I seriously think we have advisors that are part of a network of advisors that are  shifting players around Europe to earn themselves commissions. 

Mentioning him along side Charlton, Wilko and Atkinson is a massive insult to those names. 

He wasn’t even close in any way to those three. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Carlos's legacy is a club wracked by overspending and in a financial abyss. So yes I tend to agree.

Responsible for overspending and a financial abyss, strange I remember him as the 1st team coach not the CEO or CFO.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spondon Owl said:

Just wanted to wish Carlos and his Rio Ave team good luck for their crunch match tonight with Boavista. Europe beckons if they can better Famalicaos result with Maritimo. 

Would people take Carlos over Monk? Even despite Neil's constant repetition that he ruined the club and poor old Monk is having to tidy everything up for him.

Let it go ffs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The club is in a completely different place now to what it was when Carlos was here. 

I remember both the good and bad times under Carlos and don't have anything personal against him. 

But in my opinion he is nowhere near the type of manager we need right now who could get this team back fighting at the right end of the table. 

If we get out of this mess with the EFL without to much damage and we're able to recruit properly we should be banging on Paul Cooks door immediately

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Wouldnt want him back, don’t wish him ill and good luck to him.

But I really don’t understand this Monk is clearing up Carlos’ mess argument. 

I knew he left a mess behind, but there have been two managers in between. If it’s supposedly “ the same squad” well CC took that squad to two top six finishes. Jo’s turned it into a relegation side, Bruce. Got it going again, and might have made it a third top six finish ( I said might we will n3ver know) and Monk has turned it into a relegation side.

so if it’s the same squad why have two managers done ok and two done crap, and if it’s not then you can’t really still blame Carlos. The real shame is Bruce didn’t hang about long enough to prove the theory. 

Hate those relegation squads that finish  8 points above the relegation zone

1 hour ago, Spondon Owl said:

Just wanted to wish Carlos and his Rio Ave team good luck for their crunch match tonight with Boavista. Europe beckons if they can better Famalicaos result with Maritimo. 

Would people take Carlos over Monk? Even despite Neil's constant repetition that he ruined the club and poor old Monk is having to tidy everything up for him.

No

He ruined the club and poor old Monk is having to tidy everything up for him.

• Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop