Carlos - Good luck

7 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Just wanted to wish Carlos and his Rio Ave team good luck for their crunch match tonight with Boavista. Europe beckons if they can better Famalicaos result with Maritimo. 

Would people take Carlos over Monk? Even despite Neil's constant repetition that he ruined the club and poor old Monk is having to tidy everything up for him.

Another thread to have a go at the current manager 

Pathetic

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He had his flaws and I think we probably still pay for his time here...but he's twice the manager that *Garry* is.

At least with Carlos, you could see what the team was trying to be/do. Yeah, it went all a bit negative in his second season, but at least we were effective and able to wrack up the points.

Like a few at Sheffield Wednesday, I think the relative *success* went a bit to his head and he started to believe the hype. 

• Like 5

Personally, a manager with personality already adds that extra ten percent for me and Carlos had that, breathed it into the club and fans and players and we all got on board.

I can’t imagine working for a gaffer as dull as Monk. Must be monotonous listening everyday. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

No because he only has one way of operating and the current squad or the one we could build wouldn’t suit it. His approach to our CM and CB positions in the market have really cost us years later.

He’s done really well at Rio Ave as he usually does that first season.

Edited by Bluesteel

Had better ideas than monk and better man management skills, his issue was he didn't involve the squad he just had his fav's then no matter how well the squad players played they were instantly dropped.

So eventually when the squad was needed the players didn't give a poo and everything went down hill.

42 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Another thread to have a go at the current manager 

Pathetic

You should learn to accept some people have different opinions to yours. The question of who's the better manager Carlos or Monk is like asking who's the better between Pep and me. The gulf is clear and obvious. 

• Like 4

Carlos as a life long wannabe Swansea manager did ok, went very close  but IMO those first 2 years we really should have been promoted.  I may be on my own thinking this but the standard of the championship was/ is rubbish the hard bit to get out is consistency it needs a fit organised and motivated squad 

That scruffy lot down the road showed you can do it with average standard players 

Did I like him yes - would i have him back no,  he ruined a few players and the club medical dept

would I sack Monk yes and I'm sorry to say the entire backroom staff we need to freshen the place up 

who would I get in ?

well therein lies the upstairs problem, who will work effectively under this ownership and attendant 'fabric' ?

Carlos is a truly excellent coach, his sessions on the main pro-coaching resources are very well thought out and impressively delivered.

But he's probably less suited as a manager of an English team.

He'd need a good assistant/right hand man who is respected and liked by the team, and that would need to be someone with a higher profile than Lee Bullen.