Adthe Nuhiu - definitely leaving SWFC

Guest hirstysfags

35 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

I'm sure they will reassess that view when they realise what our new budget will stretch too in terms of player quality.

Anyway I meant more the likes of Fletcher, Hutch and Forestieri. It will be a while before we see players of that standard in a Wednesday shirt again.

Fair play mate I didn’t realise you had seen the agreed budget 

How is the Owner ? He well ? 

I know he isn't the most gifted player we've ever had but he loves our club as much as we do. Always gives 100%, always works and has kept going for us even when mainly a sub. Proper professional and if half the players we'd had during his time here had shown the desire and commitment he has we wouldn't be where we are now. 

Will always remember him fondly for a day at owls in the park when the players were playing with fans. My lad got fouled, penalty. Atdhe picked the ball up and Alex took it off him telling him he'd won it so he was taking it. Scored the penalty and Atdhe hoisted him on his shoulders celebrating. To a 12 year old and his dad that is magical. 

Thank you Atdhe for everything. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Hate it when not even half descent managers prematurely get rid of players that have a good relationship wi fans and on the pitch could still do a job. Reminds me of Pleat back in day. 

Isnt that the whole point of the manger though. He picks who he wants that fits in his plans. Not who the fans want to see.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

If our fans put as much energy into supporting our football team as they do hating on Nuhiu we would be Champions Of Europe

That's so over the top that it's funny. 

You on the estrella again  ?.

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Fair play mate I didn’t realise you had seen the agreed budget 

How is the Owner ? He well ? 

Unless profit and sustainability rules are ditched or severely relaxed its clear we will have very little budget to play with. 

If we are to come anywhere close to staying within allowed losses for the next 3 year rolling period we will have to cut spending hugely.

If the big man is leaving that is the saddest news of the last few weeks. I, along with many others, wish him every good fortune in the future. Thanks for all his commitment. He could teach a lot of other players about how to show such commitment.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Isnt that the whole point of the manger though. He picks who he wants that fits in his plans. Not who the fans want to see.

Yeah but sometimes they get rid of the player and soon get sacked themselves, the new guy comes in and he, the fans and the player all wish was still back at the club. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Westfield Owl said:

Which means that by Thursday morning, the only striker we actually own is Jordan Rhodes.

Staggering.

Be even more staggering if we dole out new contracts on players the manager doesn't want or those we cant afford to keep .........everyman and his dog say we need a clear out and you cant do that by keeping players that arnt wanted

Guest The Horse

I am genuinely really sad at this.
Thought he'd be given at least another year.
Seems to be a great guy to have in the dressing room, unsettles tiring defenders and is a hell of a lot more technically gifted than many give him credit for.
Thanks for your time, Adthe and THAT goal from the corner flag in particular.
Always a warm welcome back here.

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

I've heard Nuhiu being booed onto the pitch.

Nuhiu was even slagged off for scoring a last min winner a few years ago V QPR on this very site thats how much our own fans hate him ....work that one out?

Remember that remarkable spell of 2018 when he scored 13 goals in 22 appearances? All those who had spent so long saying such a thing was impossible and gushing about Rhodes doing that instead were falling over themselves trying to find the wildest of excuses for both. Opponents on the beach, only trying for a new contract, no service, bullying or whatever. They couldn't just accept circumstances had come together, Nuhiu had played well and helped save our bacon at that time.

It's so typical of the modern narcissistic age. Once the opinion is formed, nothing can be permitted to cause reconsideration as people generally don't have the humility to acknowledge their bluster was glib, superficial, prejudiced or even plain wrong. Much better to defend the incorrect to the death than accept any mitigation. Express a little doubt about anything and watch the angry people raging about not going all in one way or the other. 

Good luck to the big man. He has been a good servant, returned far more than many and got WAY more criticism than he ever deserved. He will not go down in lists of our best ever players, but if that is the measure of anyone then he joins only about 99.5% of them in our history who have been failures. And for all the self-proclaimed experts, labouring anonymously in their lecture halls, offices and warehouses instead of taking up their natural place amongst the vast riches of football coaching at the highest level, his record is nowhere near as bad as they suggest either. 

If our budget allows us to responsibly restock with better options then fine. That's the nature of the game and he was never going to single-handedly lead us to promotion. But I fear some of those demanding we recruit the next Shearer, Henry, Vardy and Owen may be rather disappointed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Westfield Owl said:

Which means that by Thursday morning, the only striker we actually own is Jordan Rhodes.

Staggering.

I probably would have given Nuhiu another year personally.  Just as an option to have from the bench.

So, you seem to be implying we play with just Rhodes as a lone striker, with Dave as an "option" off the bench......?