Adthe Nuhiu - definitely leaving SWFC

Guest hirstysfags

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No point selling out away ends if you boo your own players onto the pitch

That's what our fans do is it? 

I'm hardly a person who goes to every away game but I can't say I have ever witnessed our fans booing the players onto the pitch home or away. Boo'd off yes, but not on.

Effective player on his day who generally gave his all when called upon. Probably the right decision to part ways we need a fresh start but wouldn’t have been against him getting another year, he’s 31 but he’s hardly gonna lose any pace is he so would still do a job.

All the best Atdhe thanks for the memories.

Thank god,

Thank god I do not have to watch him jog about the pitch in between the opposition defensive line and their midfield barely affecting the game until there is a header to win that he fails to do so 9/10 times despite his height advantage.

Thank god I don't have to watch him come on for the last 20 minutes of a game and give away silly foul after foul on the opposition defenders therefore relieving any pressure we had on them.

Thanks for the 50 goals in SEVEN years Atdhe!

Now please can we start going for young, energetic players! Just look at Huddersfield and Karlan Grant, cheap 1m signing from lower leagues, 22 goals this season and 15m coming Huddersfield's way this transfer window.

Hopefully we're going to turn a corner out of all this mess and after getting rid of the crap.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

If many of other players showed the commitment, passion and fight every time they pulled on the shirt maybe we wouldn't be in the position we are in. 

I for one will be sad to see dave leave  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, poite said:

That's what our fans do is it? 

I'm hardly a person who goes to every away game but I can't say I have ever witnessed our fans booing the players onto the pitch home or away. Boo'd off yes, but not on.

Wrong

Our fans boo the players they hate onto the pitch

They also chant for players who aren't playing even if their replacement in the team is doing nothing wrong

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

And accurate. If you think we will be replacing the players that have left the squad with similar quality you are deluded.

Similar quality ?  If you were to believe half of our fan base there’s better players down ecclesfield park on a sun morning than Atdhe and Fox 

Guest Kameron
2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

If many of other players showed the commitment, passion and fight every time they pulled on the shirt maybe we wouldn't be in the position we are in. 

You're right we wouldn't be in this position now, we'd be in L2.

Atdhe gave us some memorable moments and would come off the bench with real determination and grit to try and win us or get us back into the game.

I will miss him. Change is good but if I had faith in us finding someone as effective I wouldn’t be as disappointed. A very useful player to have.

Thank you for giving it everything Atdhe.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

the only striker we actually own is Jordan Rhodes.

Rhodes isn't anything.

Sad to see such a team player and grafter leave.

All the best Nuhiu   hope you find a club that values you like the fans here do 

Edited by quinnssweetshop
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Anyone would think we have been overloaded with world class strikers scoring 20 a season these last 20 years the criticism Nuhiu gets

We haven't and the stats will show he has been better than many we have had.

I like the guy as a player. I'd have him for another season. Maybe 2. I will miss him for sure and don't think we will get a better player cost per goal/assist than him for some time

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Similar quality ?  If you were to believe half of our fan base there’s better players down ecclesfield park on a sun morning than Atdhe and Fox 

I'm sure they will reassess that view when they realise what our new budget will stretch too in terms of player quality.

Anyway I meant more the likes of Fletcher, Hutch and Forestieri. It will be a while before we see players of that standard in a Wednesday shirt again.