Adthe Nuhiu - definitely leaving SWFC

Guest hirstysfags

I,ve said this before , he is nowhere near the donkey some make him out to be , but equally not the hero that others lauded him as.

There are loads of comments on here saying that he always gave 100 % , but that`s not strictly true is it .

Search your memory banks over the last 7 years and there have been many times when he has jogged around like a disinterested passenger (ironically this usually coincided with him making the starting line up)...........and it cant nor shouldnt be ignored that for long periods of his spell with us his physical conditioning was appalling.

That said , he left some good memories (preston in particular) was a handful when he was "at it" , and , pound for pound , was a better signing than Stevie May , Sam Winnall and Jordan Rhodes in the striking department , but ultimately this IS the right decision and i wish him well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

This thread epitomises why our fan base accept second best. Nuhiu will go down as another striker that wasn't good enough to hold down a regular starting position. 50 goals in 7 seasons for a striker that was always available is a shocking return. He should have been off loaded a few seasons back along with other dead wood.

and this post epitomises why our fan base doesn't realise we actually ARE second best to a host of teams and have no say in Who we buy, Who we have and under EFL restrictions what we can do about it....

Waddya want to do Ron?...Send the club a list of the "bestest" players around and say 

"This is who the fans want"?

Its not fans "acceptance"..Its a realisation that we are a poor football side , have been for a while and have no choice bar support the "Players" we have.

Do you honestly think the fans "Kicking off" is gonna change owt?

What do you suggest?

A boycott so we get even less cash in?

No bugger has ever said Adthe nuhiu is a world class player...but thats what you want ..So you can't accept him?

You are in for a fair few disappointments then mate..The fans have no say in it...So you either support what you have ..or you pack it in

and in supporting what you "have"..or have had...Adthe Nuhiu is miles better than a host of f.ookin' poseurs that ripped the p*ss outta the club AND the fans..So once again

Thanks for the memories Adthe...Thanks for not mumping on the bench, thanks for the goals and the funny moments...thanks for being available throughout your contracts and thanks for putting up with the sheer disrespect of idiots who think we are Barcelona

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sheriwozgod said:

there have been many times when he has jogged around like a disinterested passenger

Love it when fans watch Sheffield Wednesday, watch us struggling to get the ball off the opponents in our midfield and watch us struggling with our opponents launching attack after attack on our defenders, yet instead of looking at that, they turn their heads to look at the attackers who are waiting for service and blame THEM for it

lol

Always makes me laugh that

Proper funny!

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Love it when fans watch Sheffield Wednesday, watch us struggling to get the ball off the opponents in our midfield and watch us struggling with our opponents launching attack after attack on our defenders, yet instead of looking at that, they turn their heads to look at the attackers who are waiting for service and blame THEM for it

lol

Always makes me laugh that

Proper funny!

What part of my highlighted comment was wrong.

Haven’t read the entire thread all I can say is our loss will be someone else’s gain? Admittedly he never as good starting games as coming on as sub? How many games has he come on and actually changed them? Quite a few imo ? How many times have our other more illustrious strikers come on and changed games ? Not many ? For how much he will probably be earning and never seems to be injured and never kicks a stink up gota be worth at least another year? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

and this post epitomises why our fan base doesn't realise we actually ARE second best to a host of teams and have no say in Who we buy, Who we have and under EFL restrictions what we can do about it....

Waddya want to do Ron?...Send the club a list of the "bestest" players around and say 

"This is who the fans want"?

Its not fans "acceptance"..Its a realisation that we are a poor football side , have been for a while and have no choice bar support the "Players" we have.

Do you honestly think the fans "Kicking off" is gonna change owt?

What do you suggest?

A boycott so we get even less cash in?

No bugger has ever said Adthe nuhiu is a world class player...but thats what you want ..So you can't accept him?

You are in for a fair few disappointments then mate..The fans have no say in it...So you either support what you have ..or you pack it in

and in supporting what you "have"..or have had...Adthe Nuhiu is miles better than a host of f.ookin' poseurs that ripped the p*ss outta the club AND the fans..So once again

Thanks for the memories Adthe...Thanks for not mumping on the bench, thanks for the goals and the funny moments...thanks for being available throughout your contracts and thanks for putting up with the sheer disrepect of idiots who think we are Barcelona

Calm down. I only said he was crap. If you enjoyed watching him stumble around the pitch and then getting hooked at half time then fair play to you.

1 hour ago, Kameron said:

I read it ok, he’s an awful player.  Arrived in lean condition and to be fair looked sharp in his first few games.  It didn’t take him long to get into the comfort zone putting on around two stone. Good riddance to one of the worst players I’ve seen in 40 years.

Oooh, it's Kameron trying to be controversial and edgy.

How novel. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Ronnie Starling said:

It was a good goal to be fair to him. Just a shame that these moments were extremely rare during his time here.

Aye

It's baffling wondering why he never managed to score more goals like that when sat on the subs bench

Proper funny these hateful posts about Nuhiu

It's like people just say any old rubbish to hate on him

lol

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Kameron said:

I read it ok, he’s an awful player.  Arrived in lean condition and to be fair looked sharp in his first few games.  It didn’t take him long to get into the comfort zone putting on around two stone. Good riddance to one of the worst players I’ve seen in 40 years.

If you think Atdhe is one of the worst players in the last 40 years you haven't been paying attention:rolleyes:

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Calm down. I only said he was crap. If you enjoyed watching him stumble around the pitch and then getting hooked at half time then fair play to you.

I enjoyed the goal at Leeds...I enjoyed his goal against Fulham...I enjoyed him coming on and causing chaos....and I fully appreciate he's not Maradonna.

But when you get opposition managers and players saying he causes problems and they don't like playing against him..Some fans can't accept that part of it...because obviously "They know better"...The fact that he's lasted under so many regimes say what?...Fans know better?

Most fans KNOW he has limitations, but thses "limitations have outlasted ALL the other forward players we have had....and have to be taken in the context of "What we have had"....I realise that....but when you reach the obvious conclusion that we have had an ordinary side since Noah said "I think its startin' to spit"....Waddya do?

He was a player of his time within' "our time"...and he was always available when others were nickin' cash....or laying on a phsysios table...or taking the nark cos they were not picked...

In the context of what we have been, and the players that we have had.....I think he deserves more than the sneers some are giving him....

Theres nowt to calm down about mate...I'm simply putting down what I think....All you are sayting is...

"There are better players"...No f.ookin' sh *t Sherlock...But Wednesday haven't got them

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3