Adthe Nuhiu - definitely leaving SWFC

Guest hirstysfags

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Let us face facts. We are going to have some absolutely awful footballers join the club this summer. We dont even have the clay or a kiln to make a pot to ******** in, and could well be in league 1. We are aren’t shopping at Waitrose as we were 4 or 5 years ago, we are hanging around by the bins outside Aldi at closing time in case any rotten meat offcuts are thrown out that we can nick and make a stew out of .

there will be many times next season the manager will look to his subs bench to either close a game out or somehow get a goal or two back to save a point or get 3 points. What will he have next to him ? Maybe the ageing Wilfred bony who can’t run anymore due to the weight of the cash stuffed in his pockets by Man City and swansea. Perhaps the wretched da Cruz , still without a goal and any idea of which way to run on a football pitch. Maybe one of Paxos specials , plucked from the reserve team of Rio Ave over a bottle of port with Carlos, who will become the latest goalless boo boy. Or just maybe Jordan Rhodes, a player with no desire to be at the club and who has seen his career , form and ability completely collapse. Perhaps we will try to rehabilitate an old crock like Connor  Sickham, maybe Paul lake or David buust can come on loan for a season. 

and our manager will no doubt then tell young Urhoghide to get stripped off, go up top and make a nuisance of himself with no expectation of him doing anything than running offside 5 times and pushing around a bit at corners.

its an absolutely stupid decision by the club to let Nuhiu go. 

I look forward to the resurrection of Steve Howard and Danny Maddix

7 hours ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

Quite incredible that there are people making ‘time to move on’ and ‘good riddance’ comments. I have no idea how anyone who supports the club and has been watching what has happened over the last few years can not realise that the primary thing it is time for us to move on from is the overpaid petulant wasters who have shown nothing but contempt for the club and fans and in this season alone have cost us a great chance of being on a totally different path. All this guy has done is his best for the club and the shirt and if the rest did the same we might have got somewhere. Attitude, determination and professionalism is what we need - he’s one of only a few that have shown it. If people don’t value that then it’s hard to understand what they’re expecting or supporting.

I'm genuinely gutted. He's never been a world beater and never will be but he gave us something different and gave it without question. The boo boys will yet again be happy.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Hopefully this means no transfer ban. Unless Nuhiu has a desire to leave I cant see why we are letting him go. I don't imagine he is a high earner.

I'm not convinced he had a desire to leave, but if we've not made an offer and he's had a decent one from elsewhere then he has little choice.

Guest Grez Bez

He's a bit of a cult hero Nuhiu

Some games he hardly looks like s footballer whilst others hes unstoppable.

It's time for him (amongst others) to move on but will be missed.

1 hour ago, the monk said:

A centre forward that has limited mobility and struggles to get in the box at will

And thats from one of his supporters!

But he still does a job. Compare him to Da Cruz who does have pace and mobility but produces the square root of f all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I'm not convinced he had a desire to leave, but if we've not made an offer and he's had a decent one from elsewhere then he has little choice.

Just make you wonder if we no what our EFL outcome is and with no FFP this year are we spending big 

2 hours ago, the monk said:

But how do you know what our budget will be?

Just because we may be guilty of dodgy accounting  the fact is the ground has been sold for millions whichever year it gets put in 

The last two year accounting periods have returned a net loss of something like £18m, even including the selling of the stadium. Had that not been done, we would have been close to breaking the three year rolling limit last year on it's own. Although we have shed a lot of high earning players, it's clear we are going to be close to the circa £21m loss that will have us go through the threshold again for the last financial year. This could see us under a third transfer embargo within weeks.

No special insight is required to discern this. You only have to look at the past accounts and our financial activity in the last couple of seasons. 

However, if we do manage to avoid more sanctions, the three year rolling period will move on and free up some leeway for the next season. It will be probably around half of what we spent in our play-off final season though, whilst still retaining some high earners like Westwood, Lees, Reach and Rhodes. The great unknown in all of this is the lasting effects of the ongoing pandemic. It is anticipated that P&S regulations will be significantly relaxed, and possibly even suspended altogether.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I remember as a kid being gutted when some of my heroes of the 80s moved on. It wasn't right that Sterland or Chapman were to play elsewhere. They were my players. For my team.

Fast forward 30+ years, and the news about Atdhe comes out. I wanted to kick the proverbial cat. Not Atdhe, surely. Atdhe of Man City away. Atdhe of the wonder goal against Preston. Atdhe who when somebody put a rocket up his bum could win games single-handedly. Atdhe the scourge of L***s. Atdhe of the 90+ minute winner/equaliser more times than I can remember. Atdhe the humble guy who loved his club and country. Atdhe the #kosovanpele. 

I skulked around the house much of yesterday in a mood about all this. Then it came to me. Atdhe was my player. For my club. It's not right that he should be playing elsewhere.

I'm in my mid-40s. Maybe I should grow up 😏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Definitely a cult hero over the last 5 or so years. He should never start a game, but he is an effective player to bring on.

He'll be missed. 

Exactly what I came in here to say.

Never understood fans who insulted him, was clear to me the value he offers us off the bench and we will miss him as an option to have.

Good luck to him, I don't think there's many clubs in the Championship who'd take him as a starter but I think most teams would take him as an option off the bench.

• Like 1

People saying we'll regret it when we replace Nuhiu with some obscure free transfer from abroad like we signed him for £50m from Real Madrid!

At worst it will be a like for like replacement

And he hasn't been here for 7 years because he loves the club or the fans.....he's been here because he's been paid at least half a million quid a year to do so

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ian said:

People saying we'll regret it when we replace Nuhiu with some obscure free transfer from abroad like we signed him for £50m from Real Madrid!

At worst it will be a like for like replacement

And he hasn't been here for 7 years because he loves the club or the fans.....he's been here because he's been paid at least half a million quid a year to do so

You can say that about 99.9% of every footballer ever and just replace the last part with what they've been paid

29 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The last two year accounting periods have returned a net loss of something like £18m, even including the selling of the stadium. Had that not been done, we would have been close to breaking the three year rolling limit last year on it's own. Although we have shed a lot of high earning players, it's clear we are going to be close to the circa £21m loss that will have us go through the threshold again for the last financial year. This could see us under a third transfer embargo within weeks.

No special insight is required to discern this. You only have to look at the past accounts and our financial activity in the last couple of seasons. 

However, if we do manage to avoid more sanctions, the three year rolling period will move on and free up some leeway for the next season. It will be probably around half of what we spent in our play-off final season though, whilst still retaining some high earners like Westwood, Lees, Reach and Rhodes. The great unknown in all of this is the lasting effects of the ongoing pandemic. It is anticipated that P&S regulations will be significantly relaxed, and possibly even suspended altogether.

Certainly not going to argue for the sake of it as I know Jack about accounting

Time will tell I suppose 

2 hours ago, heppers said:

Underrated. Good value. A great character. A great option for the bench.

Let’s hope we can sign better if we are getting rid.

Thanks for the memories big man.

Yes, definitely, very much underrated. 

“Let’s hope we can sign better “ - indeed, but don’t put any money on it.

Were going to miss him IMHO

17 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

I remember as a kid being gutted when some of my heroes of the 80s moved on. It wasn't right that Sterland or Chapman were to play elsewhere. They were my players. For my team.

Fast forward 30+ years, and the news about Atdhe comes out. I wanted to kick the proverbial cat. Not Atdhe, surely. Atdhe of Man City away. Atdhe of the wonder goal against Preston. Atdhe who when somebody put a rocket up his bum could win games single-handedly. Atdhe the scourge of L***s. Atdhe of the 90+ minute winner/equaliser more times than I can remember. Atdhe the humble guy who loved his club and country. Atdhe the #kosovanpele. 

I skulked around the house much of yesterday in a mood about all this. Then it came to me. Atdhe was my player. For my club. It's not right that he should be playing elsewhere.

I'm in my mid-40s. Maybe I should grow up 😏

Bang on!

• Like 1