Adthe Nuhiu - definitely leaving SWFC

Guest hirstysfags

Well, end of Mr Nuhiu, who would have thought, when he arrived he would have his fans and others who

were not so enthusiastic, I am of the latter, saying that I have to concede he did bang in some beauties,

but few and far between, unless a new contract was in the offing.

Goodbye Mr Nuhiu.

Edited by daleblue
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

We'll have to scour for rough diamonds and younger players with potential.

There'll be ups and downs but I'm looking forward to it.

I agree I'd give him another year on appropriate money too but I think his mind is made up to leave.

Woodrow at Barnsley would be a good place to start

• Like 1

16 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Atty has given the fans some great moments and I thank him for them.

Even this season the injury time equaliser at home to a cheating , time wasting  Fulham was enjoyable.

Then gleefully smashing in the second at Elland Rd which us travelling fans celebrated like we had won the cup.

Some of the posts on here show that even after 7 years some of our fans don’t understand what he brought to the squad.

It’s not his fault we paid megabucks for supposedly superior strikers to sit in the treatment room or stroll round the golf course. In fact he did more for the club than most of them.

Obviously a massive influence in the squad and deserves to come back sometime so fans can give him some proper recognition 

Absolutely this.

The Fulham goal is right at the top of my "Best Atty Moments" list, they got what they deserved and only Nuhiu could have done itin that situation, it's what he was good at. He wasn't fast, agreed, but he had perception and an uncanny knack of delivering when it really mattered and for me that more than compensated for his limitations. I cannot understand in any way shape or form the good riddance attitude. Are they blaming Nuhiu for the club's present situation? If he'd gone 2 seasons ago, would we any better off than we are now? Don't think so, Wednesday are in a mess because the owner gambled and it didn't work.

So, I'll add my felicitations, best of luck Atty,wherever you end up. We'll miss you. You are a legend

• Like 3

Been a brilliant servant and a refreshing character to the club.  Clearly an important figure in the dressing room. 

Created some brilliant memories, Leeds (x2), Preston, Rotherham..to name a few 

I'm personally disappointed to see him go, bit of a cult figure and surely a club legend (for some at least). 

All the best big man. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jwhancock said:

We all know what a lump he is but he should be given another year as I hate to think who will replace him next season as Wickham, if on loan is another injury prone player and Rhodes will be gone plus FF & Fletcher and we can't afford any decent players because of our finances so next season could be worse than this if that is possible

Lump is such a horrible word.

The Leeds defender used that term this season - after Adthe came off the bench, played an unbelievable through ball to Murphy first time for our first goal, then make space and smashed in a second goal first time.  Two tremendous pieces of football that few in our squad would have the talent or vision to do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think it’s a good time for Atdhe to move on and get first team football.  Most fans will remember him as always available, reliable, articulate in a foreign language, extended his contract to help the club and put in 100%.

I’ll miss him, the club will miss him.  Maybe he’ll come back one day as manager.  I think he’s smart enough, confident enough to go into management.

He leaves with my best wishes and thanks for some great memories.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I think we’ll miss him.

I think we’ve missed Semedo. I think we’ve missed Jermaine Johnson. Players who were absolutely due to leave in terms of ability, sure, but brought other qualities.

For whatever reason this club has had a serious problem (or a complete failure) to replace characters, leaders and players of impact under Chansiri’s ownership. This team feels like an empty vessel and I don’t rate our chances of that improving.

Not ideal ahead of a season that looks like it might be an attritional uphill battle from Day 1.

Edited by sheffield_dave

4 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

bad move Wednesday for me, one of best impact player in league for last 20 mins in division, reminds me of when we brought Francis on and pushed Viv up when needed a goal or 2. Unless he wanted to go. 

Your last line kind of negates your opening statement dunnit. 

3 hours ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Our Dave runs in the 6pm race at Catterick tonight. Anyone sentimental out there ?

Finished 8th

Tossed the jockey off, then tripped over him.

Good luck Atdhe, all the best. Finish with a hat trick me owd.