Adthe Nuhiu - definitely leaving SWFC

Guest hirstysfags

18 minutes ago, Carbone said:

You can say that about 99.9% of every footballer ever and just replace the last part with what they've been paid

Assuming you mean the last part of what I said, then yes, you can. So why all the fawning about him leaving and folk making out he's been playing for us for next to nothing because he loves it?

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

Assuming you mean the last part of what I said, then yes, you can. So why all the fawning about him leaving and folk making out he's been playing for us for next to nothing because he loves it?

The fact he went on to be a successful and useful member of the squad for multiple years really, really hurts doesnt it...

#1 striker for the last decade.

29 minutes ago, Ian said:

People saying we'll regret it when we replace Nuhiu with some obscure free transfer from abroad like we signed him for £50m from Real Madrid!

At worst it will be a like for like replacement

And he hasn't been here for 7 years because he loves the club or the fans.....he's been here because he's been paid at least half a million quid a year to do so

My thoughts exactly.
I do find it strange people call any player who has played more than 3 seasons for a club as a 'Great Servant' when they are paid fortunes to do so.
If I was at the game tonight I would give Nuhiu a clap but some people in this thread have gone a bit OTT about an average player moving on.

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

The fact he went on to be a successful and useful member of the squad for multiple years really, really hurts doesnt it...

#1 striker for the last decade.

Succesful?.....if you say so.....depends how you measure success I suppose......being in then same position 7 years later isnt success in my eyes......no individual had been an ovewhelming success in that time.

what hurts is the exact opposite of what you say

Anyone who can’t take at least a few decent memories from Nuhius time here is trying just a little bit too hard to be a hater 

If the beloved ‘Fessi’ had even 10% of Atdhes work ethic, attitude and desire he might have had a whole different career here ,  but then am talking about a man along with Fletcher who couldn’t even find it within themselves to sign an extended deal for a few games to finish this car crash of a season off for a club that’s paid them handsomely,  but suppose will be told that was GM or the owners fault eh 

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

If our fans put as much effort into supporting the club as they do trying to pour hate at Nuhiu we would be top 6 in the Premier League by now

Well our support at Wembley was tremendous..the players wer garbage..so maybe the above quote is not true

hardly ever injured, always gave 100%, that's all I ever asked for in a player. He's not blessed with talent or speed of others but he always gave everything for the team. people go on about his goalscoring record  but let's face it, if he scored 20 a season he wouldn't be here anymore.

Going to miss the big lad and maybe a few fans will when we don't have that option anymore.

12 minutes ago, Ian said:

...being in then same position 7 years later isnt success in my eyes.

It would be interesting to formulate a list of successful and influential people in all walks of life for whom the above is true. So now Nuhiu (and hundreds of other footballers) are a failure because they haven't gone on to be Lionel Messi (who by the way has been in the same position for way more than 7 years)?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlos failed to get them up for the big game

Or we were just really lucky to get there in the first place and it was never our level, that seems more likely.

We beat Brighton at Hillsborough because they had an injury crisis and were lucky to not have been out of it after getting battered in the second leg at the Amex until our equaliser.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

I doubt there's a single poster on here who thinks ten grand a week is next to nothing. I've never seen it posted on here.

I think you get people on here and twitter saying he should be kept on because he is on a 'low wage'
They probably mean a low wage in context of footballers wages but it's still an awful lot of money.
Think the reason that Nuhiu stayed for 7 years is more to do with Wednesday paying him more than any other club would rather than any love he had for the club.

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If our fans put as much effort into supporting the club as they do trying to pour hate at Nuhiu we would be top 6 in the Premier League by now

I dont think anyone hated Nuhiu just that they didn't rate him highly as a footballer. 
Will for me go alongside players like Reda Johnson, Semedo and Migel Llera. All had good rapport with the crowd, 100% effort but when it boiled down to it pretty average players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carbone said:

Or we were just really lucky to get there in the first place and it was never our level, that seems more likely.

We beat Brighton at Hillsborough because they had an injury crisis and were lucky to not have been out of it after getting battered in the second leg at the Amex until our equaliser.

We didn't get battered at Brighton we drew, the players put every ounce of effort they had into that game.

3 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Are you for real ?

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

We didn't get battered at Brighton we drew, the players put every ounce of effort they had into that game.

I think you need to watch the game again until we equalised!

I was down there, never been so nervous until we got that goal. They were destroying us and we could have been out of it

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But Wednesdayites never abuse players , ever , it’s all a myth and we’re the best fans on the globe