Adthe Nuhiu - definitely leaving SWFC

Guest hirstysfags

It's a testament that every manager that's been here has seen the impact Nuhiu can offer and has been utilised, yet the doomers on here still couldn't  give him the time of day or even spell his name properly.

Here's to you Atdhe Nuhiu 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

In the last 3 seasons he's apparently played the equivalent of 48 full games if the statistics posted earlier are accurate. In that time he's scored 21 goals and assisted another 10. 

More pointless 'I'm a better fan than you' chest beating. I remember the Wilkinson era when we bullied opponents or under Atkinson and Francis where we effortlessly danced around them. But that's not where we are right now is it? What's the point of 'demanding' anything? If you spend the rest of your days raging for more it won't make the slightest difference to the results will it? Did Liverpool win the league because they have the angriest fans?

In his last 7 seasons with Arsenal, Dennis Bergkamp, surrounded by world class talent and playing a damn sight more than him, scored 1 more goal than Nuhiu has for us in the same length of time. Was he "abysmal" then on that basis? In the modern era of squad rotation, what exactly are you expecting from our third, fourth or fifth striking option?

How can you compare a player that did it in the Premier League to a player that has scored the same amount between League One and the Championship?

Ridiculous comparison 

2 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

How can you compare a player that did it in the Premier League to a player that has scored the same amount between League One and the Championship?

Ridiculous comparison 

It's your description, not mine.

But you transparently dodged it by resorting to the lamest, most obvious straw man imaginable (which is part of the reason I use this example so often). I think it's well established that Nuhiu is no Bergkamp. Now back to the point...

Is 51/52  goals in seven seasons by a forward "abysmal" or not?

Just now, DJMortimer said:

It's your description, not mine.

But you transparently dodged it by resorting to the lamest, most obvious straw man imaginable (which is part of the reason I use this example so often). I think it's well established that Nuhiu is no Bergkamp. Now back to the point...

Is 51/52  goals in seven seasons by a forward "abysmal" or not?

Of course it is abysmal

He's played more than enough matches in that time

He's never been injured and has almost always been involved in the 16/18 man squad

What part of it's time to move on do you not understand? He's been here 7 years for christ sake. There comes a point when a team needs an overhaul and new blood

Guest Kagoshimaowl
58 minutes ago, TheCityIsOurs said:

How can he let pelupessy go when he’s not out of contract, Someone’s actually gotta want to put an offer in for him.......

Duh! He renewed Joey’s contract last month! That’s what I’m referring to.

I think nuhiu has been a superb signing for Wednesday.

we could do with more of his ilk.

think he was a free? Can’t think of a time when he was reported as being injured - it may have happened but rare.

always worked hard for the club and scored some important goals.

i understand the argument that he’s not the most gifted but he’s a much better player than he’s given credit for.

i would have been happy with him staying for another year.

if it’s not to be - then thank you Atdhe - for always doing your best 

for qpr away
for Watford away 

for Leeds away twice 

for that wonderful hat trick.

a Wednesday player to be remembered.

good luck atdhe.

I've nothing against him, it's quite the opposite. He's a nice guy and has done his best there is no doubt about it but after 7 years I feel we need an overhaul and some fresh blood, whether whoever comes in is better than Nuhiu remains to be seen but we can't just keep players because they give 100%

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
53 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Yeah gutted he let FF go. It was great seeing him skipping on Instagram in his Wednesday gear for over £1million a year. 

Look at our CM options over the last few games. Had Pelupessy left we would have  had the likes of reach in there or Hunt being thrown in and having to play 90 minutes every game. He is a cheap backup who is always fit and at an age where we could sell him back to a club in Europe and not lose money. Personally I think he was resigned just to see us through the post covid period. 

I agree to a certain extent about FF.

As for Joey you are talking rounduns mate. If what you say is true then why wasn’t Joey signed on a short term deal? He activated another year in the contract in one of the worst central midfielders that I’ve ever seen play for Wednesday and I’ve been watching since 1989. Monk is a loser and so will we be if we keep him in charge. Even Bullen is a better option!!

19 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Of course it is abysmal

He's played more than enough matches in that time

So Dennis Bergkamp was "abysmal" for Arsenal then after his first couple of seasons?

And Olivier Giroud has been "abysmal" in the Premier League for the last 4 years?

And either side of the period 1990-2, David Hirst was "abysmal" for Wednesday?

Benito Carbone and Paolo Di Canio's entire careers? "Abysmal".

Emile Heskey's entire career? "Abysmal".

Faustino Asprilla? "Abysmal".

Edited by DJMortimer

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

So Dennis Bergkamp was "abysmal" for Arsenal then after his first couple of seasons?

And Olivier Giroud has been "abysmal" in the Premier League for the last 4 years?

You’re right or course. Not every striker is there to score 25 goals a season.

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Faustino Asprilla? "Abysmal".

No logic mate

It's like saying Leeds are as good as Liverpool because they both won their respective leagues

12 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I agree to a certain extent about FF.

As for Joey you are talking rounduns mate. If what you say is true then why wasn’t Joey signed on a short term deal? He activated another year in the contract in one of the worst central midfielders that I’ve ever seen play for Wednesday and I’ve been watching since 1989. Monk is a loser and so will we be if we keep him in charge. Even Bullen is a better option!!

pelupessy is rubbish like.

Edited by ka58

I hate to state the blinding obvious - but we've just given up on someone who would be a very, very effective striker in the league below. Where we may still end up.

Not only that, we've got ourselves a mountain to climb with recruitment and left ourselves far too much work to do.

It's likely to be a remarkably short pre-season and we've got just one ineffective striker on the books, and a proven, incompetent recruitment strategy.

Nuhiu has brought the worst out in the worst Wednesday fans - he is a player the opposition hate to face and an effective plan B. All good squads have them. 

He has given his all to Wednesday and deserved another year as a stable back up in a transition period bound to be littered with obstacles. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IWEDFM said:

No logic mate

It's like saying Leeds are as good as Liverpool because they both won their respective leagues

I think the point he’s trying to make is that you can’t measure every striker on goals per game

Just now, IWEDFM said:

No logic mate

Oh right.

So what is this imaginary standard you've just invented in a vain attempt to save face, rather than humbly acknowledging the limitations of your simplistic reasoning?

People don't talk about 10 goals a season in the Premier League and 40 in League Two do they?

Just now, sammo said:

I hate to state the blinding obvious - but we've just given up on someone who would be a very, very effective striker in the league below. Where we may still end up.

Not only that, we've got ourselves a mountain to climb with recruitment and left ourselves far too much work to do.

It's likely to be a remarkably short pre-season and we've got just one ineffective striker on the books, and a proven, incompetent recruitment strategy.

Nuhiu has brought the worst out in the worst Wednesday fans - he is a player the opposition hate to face and an effective plan B. All good squads have them. 

He has given his all to Wednesday and deserved another year as a stable back up in a transition period bound to be littered with obstacles. 

totally agree.

Just now, DJMortimer said:

Oh right.

So what is this imaginary standard you've just invented in a vain attempt to save face, rather than humbly acknowledging the limitations of your simplistic reasoning?

People don't talk about 10 goals a season in the Premier League and 40 in League Two do they?

Mate it's my opinion. For some he's been a success and for others he hasn't. It really is that simple. Like I said above he's a good character and has given his all but it's time to move on and bring in some fresh faces. 7 years in football is a long time