Adthe Nuhiu - definitely leaving SWFC

Guest hirstysfags

Guest Maxine
3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I'd keep him as a squad player because his wages are probably reletively low and he offers an option that is going to be hard to replace i.e. height and physicality. He's not a wonderfully adept footballer, I accept that but he's not as bad as some make out either.

Depends what league we end up in. 

Here's to you Atdhe Nuhiu. 👏

Its not just about having a good 11 its about having a good squad and he's a solid squad player at this level, some brilliant moments over that 7 year period.

I'm genuinely more gutted to see an honest player like Atdhe go than i was with the likes of Forestieri and Hooper etc and as someone who has always given 100% for the badge he deserves a good send off.

• Like 4

Terrible news, imo. 

He wants to play for us (I presume), can't cost us much, and he's a frankly unique option. 

Now he'll be someone elses option, and I shall be sorry to see them use it. 

• Like 2

Guest Maxine
9 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I dunno Max...who we getting?

No idea as we don't know which league we'll be in yet. 

17 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Well it’s time that he moved on for the club and his own sake. He’s better than what you and most give him credit for. His main downfall was that I always saw him as an impact player and not to start games. Although, I’d rather we had him in the squad then the likes of Rhodes and winnall.

I know there are others who aren't good enough too. 

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If one of our fans was to say 'Nuhiu's not really my cup of tea, he's not really done well enough in my eyes but I wish him well' I'd understand and respect that

But to constantly visit, revisit and post in a thread about how much you hate Nuhiu, dislike him, are glad he's gone, good riddance etc.... Well that's a whole other level of horrible

Same people that usually say 'all I want is players that give their all' 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

What makes you think that? To be quite honest I'm not that bothered these days and expect always the worst because that's we are used to with Wednesday. I don't get this "hero worship" status of a player that at best was average. I don't know what situation we are in and with the greatest respect neither do you unless you are privy to Chansiri, the EFL and the tribunal which you aren't.

Regardless of the outcome of the case it is pretty clear for anyone who follows us that we are not perched on a bed of roses.

For me Nuhiu has been very frustrating at times but I am whenever he has been on the bench I'd much rather him come on than Rhodes and invariably he has more of a positive impact. 

His physique and lumbering approach at times make him an easy target of derision but he will be a loss to the squad. I would much rather him than Rhodes given the choice and seeing as we have found a need to keep Pelupessy - a far less effective squad player - I would probably have liked to see him stay.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

It's not 'people on here'

It's 'people'

Well i'm working within the confines of this forum, & ALL the response & comments I am basing my observations on, are the ones posted on here.

So it IS 'people on here' I refer to.

They may spout their sh*t on Twitter & other cesspit Soch meeja outlets but I don't use those. So as I say, i am purely referring (& replying) to the comments from 'people on here'. 

Edited by bigthinrob

Our one wild card that arguably wouldn’t have cost the earth for another season. Hard to play against but hopefully they’ve done this with another target in mind to replace him..

Based on the last few years we’ll recruit someone more expensive that plays a game and disappears into the reserves, I hope I’m wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

A squad used to be a group of players pushing each other for starting places not who can make silly videos. It's well documented that our dressing room hasn't been a happy one.

That's not really true is it?

The 'team' in the old days was pretty much the team until someone either got injured or left, so in reality there wasn't much genuine competition for places from within the playing staff. 

The concept of the 'squad' and 'rotation' is a relatively modern phenomenon, bringing with it, new challenges of 'keeping everyone happy'.

That's why player's like Nuhui & Pelupessy & others who are willing to accept a 'second' string' role whilst still being very effective when called into the fray are, as I said worth their weight in gold.  

• Like 2

Guest mkowl

Maybe he wants to go back to play in Kosovo, seems quite a patriotic chap and might want to have a couple of seasons there to finish his career 

Players come and go - essence of football. 

All those saying we need better players than Adthe.

Who ? Adthe has been an average of about our 4th choice  striker in his time here.  So I would love to hear who we are going to acquire , and in fact who the first three choice strikers will be next season. If people think we are going to sign 4 strikers better than Adthe Nuhiu this summer then I too want a toot of that crack pipe being smoked .

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

certainly not the most gifted player , but he gave his all even though half the time it didn't work ,never knew where you were with him he could be a nightmare for defenders on his day and a nightmare for us off it ,but that said if the rest of our squad showed his commitment to the cause then we may not be where we are ,sadly the Kraken will be released for the last time in a Wednesday shirt , good luck to him and I wish him well where ever he ends up 

• Like 1