Adthe Nuhiu - definitely leaving SWFC

Guest hirstysfags

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

All those saying we need better players than Adthe.

Who ? Adthe has been an average of about our 4th choice  striker in his time here.  So I would love to hear who we are going to acquire , and in fact who the first three choice strikers will be next season. If people think we are going to sign 4 strikers better than Adthe Nuhiu this summer then I too want a toot of that crack pipe being smoked .

Brilliant 😭

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Referring to the division not our team thats why he cant hack it in championship 

242 appearances in the Championship over 7 years (assuming he plays a part in the final game), under 6 permanent managers and 2 caretakers, re-signed to new contracts at least twice, despite spending a good deal of that time as the cheapest and least heralded of 8 forwards we had available. 

Well, if that doesn't prove he's no good at this level, I don't know what does.

:laugh:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Anyway, best of luck to Adthe. 

Several years of service and he has more than contributed, irrespective of what the naysayers will claim. 

50 goals is a decent haul and it is worth remembering that he pretty much kept us up a few years back under Jos. 

I'll miss him, though perhaps now is the time for us to break free from the old guard and really put together a new team. Still - I suspect there might be a few games next season where we will be thinking "what if we had the big man available?" 

Also worth pointing out that he signed a new, short term deal in order to help the club in these last few months, whilst other, more lauded players told us to F off and moved on. 

Last part hasn’t been spoken about enough. Him and Lee stayed on to help out and others jumped ship.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Anyway, best of luck to Adthe. 

Several years of service and he has more than contributed, irrespective of what the naysayers will claim. 

50 goals is a decent haul and it is worth remembering that he pretty much kept us up a few years back under Jos. 

I'll miss him, though perhaps now is the time for us to break free from the old guard and really put together a new team. Still - I suspect there might be a few games next season where we will be thinking "what if we had the big man available?" 

Also worth pointing out that he signed a new, short term deal in order to help the club in these last few months, whilst other, more lauded players told us to F off and moved on. 

Agree with all of that. We do definitely need a "big man" option signed this summer, or we will regret him leaving for sure.

Another thing overlooked is his fitness record. When was he ever injured during his long time here? Is that why we are getting rid of him??

Seeing him leave and the likes of Rhodes staying makes me feel a bit sick in my stomach. And that's based on contribution, before we even consider the huge transfer fees/wages difference.

But it appears it was Adthe's choice, so I wish the big man all the best.

Edited by swfc-dan

We’ll definitely miss what he brings to the game. Offered something off of the bench, big presence who worked his socks off. By no means someone who should be starting but, more than good enough to stay around the squad. 

Considering we could be in league 1 next season, we may kick ourselves not keeping him.

Guest Theboylangers

40 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

In the last 3 seasons he's apparently played the equivalent of 48 full games if the statistics posted earlier are accurate. In that time he's scored 21 goals and assisted another 10. 

So that's essentially 16 games per season. 7 goals per season and 3 assists per season. 

If the stats are accurate of course. 

I wish Atdhe well. I think we can do better. 

Will we do better?

That's an entirely different question. 

6 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

So that's essentially 16 games per season. 7 goals per season and 3 assists per season. 

Will we do better?

A goal every 205 minutes for a 3rd choice striker who’s game isn’t built around goal scoring? Doesn’t sound like a bad player to me. 

Out of interest, who would you you go for who, you feel is better? 

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Did you celebrate when he scored at Leeds in the snow though?

Go on, admit it.

:duntmatter:

One of my favourite w dnesday goals in last 20 years that was...nearly broke my ankle..got helped up off the floor by a copper..it is time for him to move on tho

Guest Kagoshimaowl

So Monk let’s Forestieri, Hutchinson and Nuhiu go but keeps Pelupessy...

For the love of God Monk, do the right thing and EFF OFF!!

16 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

Will we do better?

Nearly 1goal in every 2 games. Not bad for a back up forward.

1 minute ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

How can he let pelupessy go when he’s not out of contract, Someone’s actually gotta want to put an offer in for him.......

4 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Yeah gutted he let FF go. It was great seeing him skipping on Instagram in his Wednesday gear for over £1million a year. 

Look at our CM options over the last few games. Had Pelupessy left we would have  had the likes of reach in there or Hunt being thrown in and having to play 90 minutes every game. He is a cheap backup who is always fit and at an age where we could sell him back to a club in Europe and not lose money. Personally I think he was resigned just to see us through the post covid period. 

Guest Theboylangers
6 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Nearly 1goal in every 2 games. Not bad for a back up forward.

The trouble is, those stats are aggregated over 3 seasons.

But yes, taken in isolation, over the 3 seasons and appearance/goals stats, it doesn't look bad.