BREAKING - Look North reporting some players NOT being paid in full this month

Just now, akbuk said:

It makes the point that he can't put his own money into the club because of the present rules.

The EFL have got big decisions to make can owners break the spending limits in order to save a club or do they let them go out of business.

Over to you 

Thou what?

The Profit and Sustainability rules don't prevent him from paying his players, even if it put us into £100m of losses. They don't block his bank transfers once we get over £39m in losses... "Sorry, you cannot pay your staff, you must wait 3 months before transferring money to this account". He can transfer and spend as much as he likes whenever he likes, it's just if the balance sheet in the end of year accounts show he's put in too much money then there's a problem. 

If his staff haven't been paid, it has nothing to do with the EFL, the FA, FIFA, Tesco's, Ford, or the Magic Circle. It is entirely on whoever deals with payroll.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Thou what?

The Profit and Sustainability rules don't prevent him from paying his players, even if it put us into £100m of losses. They don't block his bank transfers once we get over £39m in losses... "Sorry, you cannot pay your staff, you must wait 3 months before transferring money to this account". He can transfer and spend as much as he likes whenever he likes, it's just if the balance sheet in the end of year accounts show he's put in too much money then there's a problem. 

If his staff haven't been paid, it has nothing to do with the EFL, the FA, FIFA, Tesco's, Ford, or the Magic Circle. It is entirely on whoever deals with payroll.

And then back to another tribunal for breaking the rules again

Guest mkowl
43 minutes ago, akbuk said:

It puts the players behind the black ball who expect to be paid in full when there is little income coming in

Possibly but they probably need to read their contract 

The first positive week for the Owls this year and in one fell swoop the off the field drag down what little green shoot we have. Even if it is an admin error, some one needs to be made accountable. The club is run like a farce.

I am starting to think this will never change until there is real change at the club top to bottom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With reports that some players haven’t been paid yesterday it give me concern as to the true liquid wealth of our Chairman

It was reported that he was covering all staff and players wages throughout the ‘lockdown’ which must have made a big dent in his bank account, that together with the cost of fighting the EFL and lawyer costs etc cash must be disappearing at a alarming rate. To make matters worse Mr Chansiri/club may receive a massive fine from the EFL in addition to any points deduction.

Just how far financially is Mr Chansiri going to go ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

With reports that some players haven’t been paid yesterday it give me concern as to the true liquid wealth of our Chairman

It was reported that he was covering all staff and players wages throughout the ‘lockdown’ which must have made a big dent in his bank account, that together with the cost of fighting the EFL and lawyer costs etc cash must be disappearing at a alarming rate. To make matters worse Mr Chansiri/club may receive a massive fine from the EFL in addition to any points deduction.

With any luck he will be looking to recover some of his losses and have us up for sale to do so.

This suggests it players being paid incorrectly, and not players not being paid atall. The club have told them it’ll be rectified within the next two weeks.

Case closed, complete non-story. Happens up and down the country everyday, hence the clubs stance of not commenting on it.

Bit disappointing that Dom has angled his article to suggest it’ll be a distraction that could potentially derail the good work of the last two games. For me, I can’t see how it does. It’s a minor issue that has obviously been leaked by a player with an issue with the club, more than likely one that left the club yesterday. 

If this has anything to do with bonuses, maybe some of the players have been told that they owe the club money. Some certainly owe the club and fans something. All the talk about players like Fletcher and Forestieri being such stars for us and it is as patently clear that they only ever came here because we were the only ones too stupid to pay them way way much more than they are worth. 

If Fletcher's £30K a week without bonuses is true, we have paid him over £6.25M over 4 season's, yet he is not prepared to play for us for the few extra weeks to the end of this season, during which you would assume that we would be paying him extra. He has picked up wages and walked away without a care for the club or the fans. Admittedly he has not gone on and on about how much he loves Wednesday and how much he loves the fans and wants to spend the rest of his career with us etc like Forestieri, but after just appearing in 136 games for us (more than half of those subbed, or as a sub) and scoring 38 goals, he was effectively paid £46K for each game/part game he appeared in, or £164,473.00 per goal. I have read articles where he was described as earning over £8M while with us, so these figures could be much worse.

As for Forestieri, he is earning not much less than Fletch apparently, at £25K a week, or £1.3M a year, even though he has played in less games over the last three years than Adam played for us in one season.

Of the possible 230 league games that FF could have played he has so far only played in 128 games and scored 40 goals in all competitions in 5 seasons! He cost us £3M and  over £6M in wages, before bonuses, but again like Fletcher he cannot be bothered to turn out for us for a handful of games until the end of the season. These players are millionaires and never have to work another day of their lives, so they are not doing this to protect their livelihoods or families, they are just greedy, shallow leaches. I am actually looking forward to seeing our skint club pay younger, fitter, more hungry players, more realistic wages in future to players that play for us because they really want to play for us and not just for the money. I feel that I can get behind players like that 100%, sing my heart out for them and wait for the day that the club can get somebody in to buy better quality players that are actually worth all the money we fork out and more, because we have seen a very poor return for our money over the last 5 seasons, with at least three of them being very poor in terms of all the extra entertainment and success that we were promised by Chansiri. As for getting the team that we deserve, week we have got the team that a fool of an owner deserves, but the fans deserve so much more.

UTO!

Yorkshire Live understands some players spoke to the club about the matter yesterday and were told they will get paid their outstanding money, including loyalty bonuses, in the next fortnight.

The reason for the delay in the wages? It could be a banking error. Maybe there has been a simple mix-up.

The club have declined to comment.

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

This suggests it players being paid incorrectly, and not players not being paid atall. The club have told them it’ll be rectified within the next two weeks.

Case closed, complete non-story. Happens up and down the country everyday, hence the clubs stance of not commenting on it.

Bit disappointing that Dom has angled his article to suggest it’ll be a distraction that could potentially derail the good work of the last two games. For me, I can’t see how it does. It’s a minor issue that has obviously been leaked by a player with an issue with the club, more than likely one that left the club yesterday. 

I do not think the club are too impressed by the shoddy appearance, manner and professionalism shown by any of the Star's reporters and let's face it they are illiterate, boring ill informed and low in motivational skills, doing very little in any way to get into the club and the players, or put the effort in to get a story that has not already been released by the club to dozens of other press outlets. Even some of the shoddy internet news outlets have made a bit more effort to spice up the stories than the Star.

When I was younger the Star and telegraph was owned by a unitedite. I knew two of the grandsons, years ago, both of whom were left shares and season tickets when their grandfather died, but only one of them was really interested in football and he supported Wednesday. You very rarely see too many stories in the Star even now that criticise the ridiculous stuff that united and their players have done over the years, but even when Wednesday are doing things right the Star editorial seems to tinge everything, or dig something up about  some obscure ex player. Well we have certainly given them plenty of negative stuff to report in recent years. It has been so bad that even Owlstalk had to start a charm offensive to get people to post more positive posts.

Well I think that when most of the money grabbing players have gone, at the end of the season, we can start to rebuild a more positive team under Monk, playing the more positive style of football that we have had recently from players that actually want to play for us. If our clown of a chairman has not lied to everybody about the advice he has been taking from the EFL then we should also see positive news from the hearing and get a zero points deduction, so we really can make a positive start next season. let the Star make of all that whatever they like, very few people buy it, or can even read their online version! 

Just now, Ante's Bubbly said:

I do not think the club are too impressed by the shoddy appearance, manner and professionalism shown by any of the Star's reporters and let's face it they are illiterate, boring ill informed and low in motivational skills, doing very little in any way to get into the club and the players, or put the effort in to get a story that has not already been released by the club to dozens of other press outlets. Even some of the shoddy internet news outlets have made a bit more effort to spice up the stories than the Star.

When I was younger the Star and telegraph was owned by a unitedite. I knew two of the grandsons, years ago, both of whom were left shares and season tickets when their grandfather died, but only one of them was really interested in football and he supported Wednesday. You very rarely see too many stories in the Star even now that criticise the ridiculous stuff that united and their players have done over the years, but even when Wednesday are doing things right the Star editorial seems to tinge everything, or dig something up about  some obscure ex player. Well we have certainly given them plenty of negative stuff to report in recent years. It has been so bad that even Owlstalk had to start a charm offensive to get people to post more positive posts.

Well I think that when most of the money grabbing players have gone, at the end of the season, we can start to rebuild a more positive team under Monk, playing the more positive style of football that we have had recently from players that actually want to play for us. If our clown of a chairman has not lied to everybody about the advice he has been taking from the EFL then we should also see positive news from the hearing and get a zero points deduction, so we really can make a positive start next season. let the Star make of all that whatever they like, very few people buy it, or can even read their online version! 

So basically this is just a long winded attack on local sports writers?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I've copied this and will forward it on to DC..enjoy your court case and diminishing bank account

2 hours ago, bolton9owl said:

You do realize he covers everybody's wages most months anyway don't you.  He is currently putting upwards of £2M/month into the clubs account.