BREAKING - Look North reporting some players NOT being paid in full this month

1 minute ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Let's get next weeks headline into the press...

"SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY HAVE OVERPAID PLAYERS FOR YEARS", says EFL, but have remained within their budget due to the lawful sale of their ground.

Let's see the Star print that one!

lol

How about Wednesday Chairman sues fan for libel 😄

Guest Grandad
58 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

This suggests it players being paid incorrectly, and not players not being paid atall. The club have told them it’ll be rectified within the next two weeks.

Case closed, complete non-story. Happens up and down the country everyday, hence the clubs stance of not commenting on it.

Bit disappointing that Dom has angled his article to suggest it’ll be a distraction that could potentially derail the good work of the last two games. For me, I can’t see how it does. It’s a minor issue that has obviously been leaked by a player with an issue with the club, more than likely one that left the club yesterday. 

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yorkshire Live understands some players spoke to the club about the matter yesterday and were told they will get paid their outstanding money, including loyalty bonuses, in the next fortnight.

The reason for the delay in the wages? It could be a banking error. Maybe there has been a simple mix-up.

The club have declined to comment.

A 'banking error' doesnt take 2 weeks to rectify.

Its a case of "Yes, weve seen that, we'll transfer the outstanding funds today. Very sorry"

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

A 'banking error' doesnt take 2 weeks to rectify.

Its a case of "Yes, weve seen that, we'll transfer the outstanding funds today. Very sorry"

There's speculation that Brexit is to blame - which has made it nigh on impossible to move money around as freely as before

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

”It could be a banking error”

It could be.....Coronavirus....

It could be....half day closing....

I like this guessing game...

it could be.....cake baking day...

it could be........

You should be a local sports writer mate

Owlstalk Shop

29 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I've copied this and will forward it on to DC..enjoy your court case and diminishing bank account

What a strange reply daveyboy! Are you related to DC, or do you work in the same branch of the circus?

DC himself has told everybody that he has only followed the EFL's advice, do you not read the press? If his statement is true we are in the clear. Only if he has lied to us all and not followed the EFL's advice, are we in any trouble. Not difficult logic that, unless you get distracted easily by stuff like your car falling apart when you press the hooter, or balloons going pop!

The following statements seem quite clear to me whether spoken by a clown or otherwise and surely the law will uphold the truth and if we have not been telling the truth then lies have been told (a lie is the opposite of the truth and misleading statements are classed as lies, ignorance may be blissful, but in the eyes of the law even ignorance does not protect you from the full weight of the law, so hopefully the truth will out and we will be in the clear).

These are the statements made by the way, in case you were busy doing matinees etc:-

Everything I do in business I do legally, this is very important to me, this is the way I operate. I have never done anything illegal, I always consult, it is not me or the way I work.

The Club maintains that it consulted with the relevant executive officers of the EFL in connection with the stadium transaction and that it acted in good faith. The Club has in its possession numerous emails, letters and other documents in which the EFL gave authorisation to the transaction, and on which authorisation the Club understood it could rely. That authorisation gave rise in law to a legitimate expectation that the transaction would be accepted by the EFL, which is binding on the EFL. The EFL is acting in breach of that binding legitimate expectation by retrospectively treating as misconduct that which it had itself previously authorised, and this makes the charges themselves unlawful. The Club is accordingly bringing its own claim against the EFL to establish that it is acting unlawfully, as well as standing ready, if necessary, to vigorously defend the charges.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Silkstone Owl said:

If there are money issues they usually come out the woodwork well before...the timing of the story stinks of trying to derail us entirely and a complete stab in the back of the club

Yes because DC never keeps his cards close to his chest.

Oh apart from that time where we went a whole summer under a transfer embargo without telling anyone.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

So basically this is just a long winded attack on local sports writers?

I do not jump on bandwagons like hating Star newspaper writers, but they have definitely not got better!

I used to buy the Star when it had sports writers that wrote interesting articles about Sheffield Wednesday and apart from the Henfleet fiasco towards the end of his career, I found most of Paul's articles worth a read. Since then I am afraid the Star's reputation for S6 football reporting has really nosedived. If you think it is so good now please let us know, but even my mum and dad, who were always loyal supporters of the Star, stopped buying it a few years ago, because the writing is amateurish and it is not worth wasting the paper it is written on apparently.

Just now, Ante's Bubbly said:

I do not jump on bandwagons like hating Star newspaper writers, but they have definitely not got better!

I used to buy the Star when it had sports writers that wrote interesting articles about Sheffield Wednesday and apart from the Henfleet fiasco towards the end of his career, I found most of Paul's articles worth a read. Since then I am afraid the Star's reputation for S6 football reporting has really nosedived. If you think it is so good now please let us know, but even my mum and dad, who were always loyal supporters of the Star, stopped buying it a few years ago, because the writing is amateurish and it is not worth wasting the paper it is written on apparently.

The last few months since the new team have started have been perfect mate 

Your views are based on older times

Owlstalk Shop

Appears the story about non payment of wages that was headline news yesterday has now mysteriously disappeared from The Star website.

Now why would that be I wonder?  Bad news about the Owls tends to linger there for days on end.

38 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Appears the story about non payment of wages that was headline news yesterday has now mysteriously disappeared from The Star website.

Now why would that be I wonder?  Bad news about the Owls tends to linger there for days on end.

You would have thought that perfect reporting would be worth catching up on wouldn't you?

Maybe "Owlstalk" has had a word with them?

lol

43 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Bad news about the Owls tends to linger there for days on end.

Sorry but that's such a ridiculous statement

Owlstalk Shop

56 minutes ago, Blatter said:

15 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

You would have thought that perfect reporting would be worth catching up on wouldn't you?

Maybe "Owlstalk" has had a word with them?

Or maybe people should just get their facts right 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-news-live-owls-players-wages-short-say-reports-2898832

lol

Owlstalk Shop