BREAKING - Look North reporting some players NOT being paid in full this month

Guest mkowl

I think what club owners will experience is issues when it comes to liquidity calls. With the global economy in a state of flux this is hardly a surprise.

Wealthy people are often only that on paper. Yes they will have ready cash but most of the time they will use leverage against existing assets. 

Finding a couple of mill per month may not be straightforward 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

I think what club owners will experience is issues when it comes to liquidity calls. With the global economy in a state of flux this is hardly a surprise.

Wealthy people are often only that on paper. Yes they will have ready cash but most of the time they will use leverage against existing assets. 

Finding a couple of mill per month may not be straightforward 

What about moving money around the world mate?

We're being told that it's become much tricker to get money into the country these days is that true?

Owlstalk Shop

If you’ve got the money and/or access to lines of liquidity, and it’s legit, moving money anywhere is easy. Bit of an urban myth this point about access to cash. 

From experience it’s those that don’t have any money that have issues moving it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Might have been mentioned already but on R4 last night, the chairperson at Wigan was talking about their admin situation and pts deduction, saying football at large is in a financial mess, the thing i found bizarre was she then specifically mentions us and says “their players haven’t been paid this month”!   Out of all the clubs in trouble we get name checked!!?!!?  It’s as if someone is stirring the she.ite again!

Who?

Radio 4?

Owlstalk Shop

Just in case anyone missed it but the Leeds players agreed to defer a large part of their salary from the start of lockdown, at Birmingham any player on more than £6k/week has been asked to defer 50% of their salary.  I'm sure there are others too.  If the chairman was concerned about cash surely he would have followed suit and asked the players to take a deferment before now.

Just now, kirksandallowl said:

Just in case anyone missed it but the Leeds players agreed to defer a large part of their salary from the start of lockdown, at Birmingham any player on more than £6k/week has been asked to defer 50% of their salary.  I'm sure there are others too.  If the chairman was concerned about cash surely he would have followed suit and asked the players to take a deferment before now.

You are presuming he didn’t ask them.