Fletch, Forestieri and Fox reject contract extensions

6 hours ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

If we do come through the EFL charges relatively unscathed and the reset button on the 3-year FFP cycle is reset, my greatest concern is that the current coaching staff will be overseeing any rebuild.     I’d say if we’re going to do this, do it properly.

The 3 year cycle isn't reset, it’s a rolling 3 year cycle so the last 2 and the current one count.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wor’Jackie said:

Winnall was always a much of a muchness. A strange signing from the off and never got in really. Good luck to him though.

Winnal was a great signing. He was in the form of his life, 25 and only cost 500k. Its not his fault we let him rot till his confidence was gone and then sent him out on loan. If we had nurtured him, played a style where he was getting the service he had at Barnsley he'd have been worth 10 x the price two years later and we could have sold him on for a massive profit. But of course that would have been too sensible. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

It's funny that you think that, yet every manager we've had has kept him in and around the squad.  But I guess you know better then them all...

I didn’t say I know better 

that’s just my opinion 

and that’s what this board If for a assume? 
opinions and debate? 

one of the worst forwards I have ever seen at S6 makes David Graham look like Pele 

cant head a ball and runs like he’s poo himself 

as soon as he leave I’ll wager his career is in the toilet, he will disappear and never be heard from again, with a bit of luck 

As for Winnall, I thought he was harshly treated ( regarding game time) in his first season he looked okay. He scored against Barnsley, then was strangely dropped from the team. He always put the effort in but after his injury he didn’t look the same.

I still cannot fathom how we bought Winnall then Rhodes and didn’t let anyone go?? Baffling to say the least.

6 hours ago, Andrew6666 said:

I dont think people hate Nuhiu for being Nuhiu, they hate him because hes poo at football, stealing a wage, and is slower than concrete at running.

And yet he regularly scores important goals. 

• Haha 1

So these short-term contract extensions they've signed, are these most likely just extending contracts until end of season, or end of July/August?

Anyone know how long they are?

The article worded it like these players (Lee, Nuhiu) are just good servants of the club for seeing the strange situation we're in and extending their contracts to do their best until end of season. They probably know they're being released anyway and they get another month's wages or however long these contract extensions are.

Depending how long they really are, I'm more disappointed by Fletcher, Forestieri and Fox who are looking to get away and not even bothering seeing out the remainder of the season particularly with the extraordinary circumstances we've seen this year.

Edited by N0rtherner

5 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

Winnal was a great signing. He was in the form of his life, 25 and only cost 500k. Its not his fault we let him rot till his confidence was gone and then sent him out on loan. If we had nurtured him, played a style where he was getting the service he had at Barnsley he'd have been worth 10 x the price two years later and we could have sold him on for a massive profit. But of course that would have been too sensible. 

Dream on, he never showed any reason why he should be picked for the next game.

everyone as to do whats best for themselves .if the 3 of them think its in there best interest to leave now then I wouldn't be critical of them  .clubs get rid of players when they have no use for them anymore so why shouldn't players get rid of the club if they want ....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, torryowl said:

everyone as to do whats best for themselves .if the 3 of them think its in there best interest to leave now then I wouldn't be critical of them  .clubs get rid of players when they have no use for them anymore so why shouldn't players get rid of the club if they want ....

Agree, don't blame them, but at the same time undoubtedly left the club in the lurch, with no opportunity to protect itself. It is a smack in the face for every fan who supported them (or indeed booed them for that matter, depending which way you look at it).

While I understand, disappointed they've taken their money over lockdown and bailed at the first opportunity. Their legacy will be remembered for this mercenary act, rather than any positives during their career. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree, don't blame them, but at the same time undoubtedly left the club in the lurch, with no opportunity to protect itself. It is a smack in the face for every fan who supported them (or indeed booed them for that matter, depending which way you look at it).

While I understand, disappointed they've taken their money over lockdown and bailed at the first opportunity. Their legacy will be remembered for this mercenary act, rather than any positives during their career. 

Not sure whats mercenary, they have played until their contract was up. Thats not mercenary in my eyes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Not sure whats mercenary, they have played until their contract was up. Thats not mercenary in my eyes.

The question is whether it's ethically appropriate to hold the club to a contract during lockdown, then knowingly put the club in trouble to take advantage of exceptional circumstances in order to further financial gain. 

As I said, I understand their rationale, but still disappointed by their decision.

Fox will be up and down his whole career. Mentally weak in the extreme and will never be completely dependable. I see the old Morgan Fox resurfacing at some point.

Fletcher is maybe our best player but 33 years old, injury prone and currently injured. Will not pull up trees anywhere else.

Forestieri is a 30 yr old child, his tweet today proves this. Hasn't performed for a couple of years and is constantly injured. Can't wait to see the back of him.

It's a tough plaster to be ripped off but we are not missing a lot here. Fletcher would have been handy for the run in, but not another season. He may not be fit for any more games this season anyway. The others... all the best.

I think we're safe without a points deduction, and down with one. These three being here doesn't change too much.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, OohAahGuyWhittingham said:

Fox will be up and down his whole career. Mentally weak in the extreme and will never be completely dependable. I see the old Morgan Fox resurfacing at some point.

Fletcher is maybe our best player but 33 years old, injury prone and currently injured. Will not pull up trees anywhere else.

Forestieri is a 30 yr old child, his tweet today proves this. Hasn't performed for a couple of years and is constantly injured. Can't wait to see the back of him.

It's a tough plaster to be ripped off but we are not missing a lot here. Fletcher would have been handy for the run in, but not another season. He may not be fit for any more games this season anyway. The others... all the best.

I think we're safe without a points deduction, and down with one. These three being here doesn't change too much.

I wouldn’t expect a big points deduction given the current circumstances...

I agree on all your points and Forestieri should’ve gone years ago when he spat his dummy out...

However they should have all been available until the end of the season.... Now the dates moved we’ve lost a lot of potential first team players... therefore I just can’t see how they could justify a large points deduction...

• Like 2