Fletch, Forestieri and Fox reject contract extensions

I reckon Fletcher came on and felt something wasn't right,can't have been 100% and I imagine this was why he left the field after 2 mins Saturday.

Gave his all  this season and was our main man, his goals and all round play will be sorely missed but at the end of the day we can't carry on paying silly wages , I reckon he's been offered something elsewhere and if it's better than it is here you can't blame him.

Sad way to be leaving.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

The contract offered is believed to be £6k pw, £2k pw less than the current £8k pw he is currently on.

Hes worth more than that and I’d decline that offer as well. He will get a 3 year deal on £10/12k pw this summer even in this market. 

Ah I see what you mean. 

10 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Good players will always be in demand.

Clubs might offer £10k pw instead of £20 pw. They will still be some very average players who are financially secure for life.

They will but they will be making demands that clubs simply can't afford to offer. 

I really hope we reign in our spending and stop pandering to the apparent demand of the fanbase (i.e. Rhodes). Lets not waste another £10m+ in one go. 

• Like 1

I'm not going to shed a tear about anyone leaving. If we can somehow dodge a bullet with the EFL I actually think we'll be well placed to make a fresh start. If the worst happens then we need to cut our cloth accordingly. Either way, it was way past a time for change. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Did you REALLY REALLY honestly truly 100% really REALLY believe all that?

DC does as he pleases, we've seen plenty of evidence of that. Did he think it would increase his appeal with the fans, in part yes. But, the bottom line is he bought Rhodes because he was totally naive on so many fronts. 

• Like 2

I can't be the only person who can remember that normal practise for a football club is to buy, sell and release players.

Some players you're disappointed when they leave and some you're glad to see the back of.

I think that our strange transfer policy of the last few years has created a false environment in which to assess a player's value to the club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Watto said:

I reckon Fletcher came on and felt something wasn't right,can't have been 100% and I imagine this was why he left the field after 2 mins Saturday.

Gave his all  this season and was our main man, his goals and all round play will be sorely missed but at the end of the day we can't carry on paying silly wages , I reckon he's been offered something elsewhere and if it's better than it is here you can't blame him.

Sad way to be leaving.

I find that hard to believe.
He would have known he wasn’t right in the warm up routine which is more strenuous than anything he did when he came on as sub.

1 hour ago, Watto said:

Sad way to be leaving.

As well as FF supposedly joining the pork, I heard a less convincing story Fletch was also discussing with them as well. FF has now sorted his house in chapeltown and appears to be moving to the south of the city , so something on that front could well be happening.

Dissapointed about Fletcher but at 33 and probably still expecting a fair bit of the 40k a week he's been paid I think it's a sensible decision. 

Fox is dependable but replaceable and I'm not sure why people expected him to do us a favour when our own fans booed him at one point🤣

FF can go for me, quality on his day but tantrums and injuries have meant few and far between, in our current predicament not worth the risk. 

Rest not arsed to even write about

• Like 1