Fletch, Forestieri and Fox reject contract extensions

4 minutes ago, Tollertonowl said:

I wouldn’t expect a big points deduction given the current circumstances...

I agree on all your points and Forestieri should’ve gone years ago when he spat his dummy out...

However they should have all been available until the end of the season.... Now the dates moved we’ve lost a lot of potential first team players... therefore I just can’t see how they could justify a large points deduction...

I think we will get a 12-15 pt deduction but next year is the most likely scenario. I just think a low points deduction is not a good precedent for the EFL to set. What they are planning however is genuinely anybody's guess.

I get your point though, if we get say 8 pts chalked off and survival is touch and go then you want all the players you can get for that battle.

• Like 1

On 25/06/2020 at 02:49, FreshOwl said:

Can’t help but feel a bit screwed over by fletcher. Dodgy injury record and big wages and we took a gamble on him and gave him a home. Where does he plan on going exactly? 

He could go to Rangers or somewhere. 

5 hours ago, OohAahGuyWhittingham said:

Fox will be up and down his whole career. Mentally weak in the extreme and will never be completely dependable. I see the old Morgan Fox resurfacing at some point.

Fletcher is maybe our best player but 33 years old, injury prone and currently injured. Will not pull up trees anywhere else.

Forestieri is a 30 yr old child, his tweet today proves this. Hasn't performed for a couple of years and is constantly injured. Can't wait to see the back of him.

It's a tough plaster to be ripped off but we are not missing a lot here. Fletcher would have been handy for the run in, but not another season. He may not be fit for any more games this season anyway. The others... all the best.

I think we're safe without a points deduction, and down with one. These three being here doesn't change too much.

All pretty much spot on, you'd like to think we've got enough here for a comfortable mid table finish even without the players who have left. Anything more than a 9 point deduction though and its fill yer pants time. 

7 hours ago, striker said:

The question is whether it's ethically appropriate to hold the club to a contract during lockdown, then knowingly put the club in trouble to take advantage of exceptional circumstances in order to further financial gain. 

As I said, I understand their rationale, but still disappointed by their decision.

They dont owe the club anything, likewise the club dont owe them anything. Its a contract. I dont ethical really comes into it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tollertonowl said:

I wouldn’t expect a big points deduction given the current circumstances...

I agree on all your points and Forestieri should’ve gone years ago when he spat his dummy out...

However they should have all been available until the end of the season.... Now the dates moved we’ve lost a lot of potential first team players... therefore I just can’t see how they could justify a large points deduction...

Why should they have been available if their contracts expire?

18 hours ago, Andrew6666 said:

I dont think people hate Nuhiu for being Nuhiu, they hate him because hes poo at football, stealing a wage, and is slower than concrete at running.

If anybody actually ‘hates’ Nuihu as you put it, I think they seriously need to have a look at themselves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sexpistol said:

If anybody actually ‘hates’ Nuihu as you put it, I think they seriously need to have a look at themselves.

I was quoting someone else when i put the word 'hate' - you should check next time to see the full chat before typing.

I really dislike the Nuihu criticism

He has scored close to 50 goals for the club, whilst mainly used as an impact sub. His goals per minutes stats are reasonable, chips in with assists and is useful both as an outlet and defensively when he comes on (in my opinion).

Is he graceful, does he skip along the grass like a young Roberto Baggio? Does he have the speed of Michael Owen or the ruthlessness of the original Ronaldo? No, that's why hes with us and I also think other clubs will be looking at him should he be released, he has played under multiple managers here after all.

Who was the last player to score 50 goals for us? Were they as mocked/criticised as Atdhe? 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

He has scored close to 50 goals for the club, whilst mainly used as an impact sub. His goals per minutes stats are reasonable, chips in with assists and is useful both as an outlet and defensively when he comes on (in my opinion).

Is he graceful, does he skip along the grass like a young Roberto Baggio? Does he have the speed of Michael Owen or the ruthlessness of the original Ronaldo? No, that's why hes with us and I also think other clubs will be looking at him should he be released, he has played under multiple managers here after all.

Who was the last player to score 50 goals for us? Were they as mocked/criticised as Atdhe? 

And hes hardly ever injured, which given our club history is something else

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Dream on, he never showed any reason why he should be picked for the next game.

Because his confidence was shot as he hadn't played for weeks or he had been given a game then been dropped cos we had to play the guy we spent 10m on. At 500k his signing should have been a no brainer - one we couldn't lose on - yet we have managed to do so. 

11 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

And hes hardly ever injured, which given our club history is something else

8 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Because his confidence was shot as he hadn't played for weeks or he had been given a game then been dropped cos we had to play the guy we spent 10m on. At 500k his signing should have been a no brainer - one we couldn't lose on - yet we have managed to do so. 

How do you know his confidence was shot?  Maybe it was as simple as that he couldn't rise to the standard required. 

He has only shown his abilities in glimpses during his stay here, we need more consistency that what he can offer.  Hope he finds a decent club and proves me wrong.

10 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

How do you know his confidence was shot?  Maybe it was as simple as that he couldn't rise to the standard required. 

He has only shown his abilities in glimpses during his stay here, we need more consistency that what he can offer.  Hope he finds a decent club and proves me wrong.

\How do you know it wasn't?

18 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Lol it was your claim.  And I never said it wasn't 

Fair enough. I don't know, but how could it not be? The plan was to get him and Hourahan and id imagine he signed off this premise. So then he would continue to be the main man and Hourahan would put in the same balls he loves. However on the advice of a 7 year old we signed a player who plays almost exactly the same poacher role, but was much older and had only managed six goals in the previous season. This player cost 20 times his value and so was immediately going to get in the squad - this proved true. So now we have no money for Hourahan. All his preconceptions had to go out of the window. In the odd games he then got he did ok and scored a few goals - but there was no supplanting the expensive player, despite hiom having a similar scoring record in the first season. Over that time he is going to become rusty and unused to scoring goals - strikers need to play - confidence is all - surely what wilder did with his strikers in the championship proves that. We will never know what Sam Winnall could have become had he been treated properly, but i suspect it is somewhat more successful than Jordan Rhodes has been. 

At 500k he should have increased in value anyway and been sold for 2m or some sort of figure when we loaned him out, but DC holds to these ridiculous ideas he can get stupid money for players - so we never sell anyone (the only time we have is when he managed to hoodwink a fellow Thai owner with similar experience to himself). 

Edited by Daizan10

10 hours ago, OohAahGuyWhittingham said:

Fox will be up and down his whole career. Mentally weak in the extreme and will never be completely dependable. 

After what he's  been thru here I would think he's  anything but mentally weak . ..

• Like 5

On 24/06/2020 at 16:49, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Would love to know how much Fletch and FF have had  out of the club

F.ooookin scandalous really.

At least one has given his all and been very productive when on the pitch. The other, well, a one season wonder for sure.

Much easier to accept the Fletch wages when at least we've had some good years out of him.

Scandalous that they are leaving on frees though. Why can we never actually sell anyone??

Edited by swfc-dan
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

At least one has given his all and been very productive when on the pitch. The other, well, a one season wonder for sure.

Much easier to accept the Fletch wages when at least we've had some good years out of him.

Scandalous that they are leaving on frees though. Why can we never actually sell anyone??

:Chansiri: