Fletch, Forestieri and Fox reject contract extensions

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think with Fletcher the crowd will be a lot more forgiving then with FF but he will have to play well and stay injury free for the feeling of picking and choosing his games to go.

Has he picked and chosen? How do we know that?

You might be right and I might be wrong, but I’d be delighted if Fletcher stays.

However, putting aside my admiration for the player, given that he’s unlikely to feature much, if at all, this next 8 games, I think we’ve made the right decision.

8 hours ago, s29wfc said:

Did you say that at the time ?

Yes. It was a massive point of debate amongst fans, I don't think its as simple as suggested. He upset loads of us with a bad attitude when refusing to play, there were plenty that would have seen the sense in getting the reported £12m

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Has he picked and chosen? How do we know that?

You might be right and I might be wrong, but I’d be delighted if Fletcher stays.

However, putting aside my admiration for the player, given that he’s unlikely to feature much, if at all, this next 8 games, I think we’ve made the right decision.

It was Fletcher who rejected a contract extension not Wednesday wanting to move him on.

Team will be fine.

Get Adthe and Wickham up there, get the laces behind it and boot it up there, wide to the wingers and plenty of crosses in. Practice, practice, practice set plays. It’s old school I know but that’s the squad we have left . Rebuild a younger, fitter team in the summer.

That will keep us up if the goalie and centre backs play to their potential. 

on fletcher, I will be interested to see how he holds up in any medical for his next club ...I think he has made a massive mistake here. 

Shame about Fletcher,  but that being said he’s had his injuries and isn’t getting any younger. 

indifferent about Fox. Much improved this season, but hardly a world beater.

Wouldn’t have offered Fessi a new deal anyway. Most talented player we’ve had at Hillsborough in a while, great on his day, but those performances far to infrequent.  

All in all, I can’t say I’m too fussed with them all going.

• Like 1

Glad to see FF, Fletcher and Fox move on. Its clear we need an overhaul and it looks like it's finally beginning. 

My only disappointment is that they're all walking away for free. If the chairman hadn't had his stupid vision of 'all going on a journey together' then we might have sold at the right time, and reinvested in the squad. 

Fletcher will be a miss in the here and now but if we're all honest he has never been a prolific goal scorer, and he's too old to be getting another contract. 

14 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

End of an era . Just hope nuhiu doesn't stay past end of this season

End of an era agreed, but totally disagree about Atdhe. I'd love him to stay. FF, Fletch, and Fox have just been on months of (well paid) leave and won't even see it through. They owe us that much at least.

14 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

As has been said them leaving for free is a joke. We wonder why this club is in such a financial mess. It’s decisions like not selling players when we had the chance. FF should have been sold a long time ago. 

Can't argue with a word if that. Sadly it boils down to clueless leadership and the party has only just started.

If a player doesn't want to stay in the short term to help out the club that has stuck by them through injuries and off field Drama then see ya and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Fox I'm not surprised at, the morons who were booing him are the same morons who will moan at him for leaving. He was Charltons rd choice full back when we signed him. OK, he's been better recently but he's hardly been Cafu. 

I would’ve preferred it if we resigned Fox. Much improved player on low wages and you know what you are going to get .

The big wages need to be a thing of the past and I’ve no issue with Fletch and FF going. FF should’ve gone a while ago given poor disciplinary issues.

I guess we can’t be that surprised given FF and Fletch are our biggest earners. If they can pick up the same wage or similar elsewhere then fair enough. I probably wouldn’t take a pay cut either. 

We’ve needed this clear out though, but the timing of it all is typical of our luck. Hopefully one of the next people to leave is the person who’s recruited so badly since 2015. 

• Like 1

Just now, bigdan2003 said:

He rejected a contract didn’t he? 

The contract offered is believed to be £6k pw, £2k pw less than the current £8k pw he is currently on.

Hes worth more than that and I’d decline that offer as well. He will get a 3 year deal on £10/12k pw this summer even in this market. 

8 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I would’ve preferred it if we resigned Fox. Much improved player on low wages and you know what you are going to get .

The big wages need to be a thing of the past and I’ve no issue with Fletch and FF going. FF should’ve gone a while ago given poor disciplinary issues.

Fox has been dog poo for 9/10th of his contract move him on and the rest of the dead wood.

FF should have gone after the Norwich fiasco said it then and still say it now.

Edited by paul92vr6
  • Like 3

I think some footballers are going to be in for a bit of a shock when they come to realise football clubs will be more reigned in with spending. 

Some footballers are going to have the expectation that clubs will shell out for them. It might not happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

The contract offered is believed to be £6k pw, £2k pw less than the current £8k pw he is currently on.

Hes worth more than that and I’d decline that offer as well. He will get a 3 year deal on £10/12k pw this summer even in this market. 

Only a fool would sign him on those terms🙄

1 minute ago, paul92vr6 said:

Fox has been dog poo for 9/10th of his contract move him on and the rest of the dead wood.

FF should have gone after the Norwich fiasco said it then and still say it now.

Fox has been our second best player this season like it or not.

I will tell you now, he will get a decent contract offer from a good championship club as well. 

Agree re; FF. great talent but attitude stinks. 

1 minute ago, cardiffowl06 said:

I think some footballers are going to be in for a bit of a shock when they come to realise football clubs will be more reigned in with spending. 

Some footballers are going to have the expectation that clubs will shell out for them. It might not happen.

Good players will always be in demand.

Clubs might offer £10k pw instead of £20 pw. They will still be some very average players who are financially secure for life.

• Like 2

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

Fox has been our second best player this season like it or not.

I will tell you now, he will get a decent contract offer from a good championship club as well. 

Agree re; FF. great talent but attitude stinks. 

No doubt he will and he will be dog poo for the three and a half years of it.

don't just judge him on part of this season because if you think he has been good for it all you cant have herd the deserved criticism he was receiving.