Fletch, Forestieri and Fox reject contract extensions

Fletcher is a huge loss for this close-season run in. Going to miss him for his play and his off field impact.

Hutchinson is another that will be missed. The way he’s been treated in the last few months has been diabolical.

Fox I could take or leave. He’s gotten better, but I’m excited to see Matt Penney take his place and put a mark down for himself.

Winnall was always a much of a muchness. A strange signing from the off and never got in really. Good luck to him though.

Forestieri....I’m in love with the memories and the Legend of Forestieri, but the hard reality is that he doesn’t care for us. Absolutely right to see him on his way. 

Doesnt matter what league we’re in, this day was coming and I’m glad it’s happening. Burn down the forest and grow it up again from the ashes.

• Like 2

It’s all about money.

We can’t moan about DC not running the club properly and then moan about not giving players new contracts if they want more money than we can afford.

We need a prudent wage budget with all players fitting in it.

I certainly wouldn’t bust our wage budget for FF or Fletcher because it is just good money after bad .

They both come with big injury risks and in FF’s case a decent argument about his commitment.

I am not really bothered about spending next season debating what is FF’s best position while he shows very little desire to play at all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

It’s all about money.

We can’t moan about DC not running the club properly and then moan about not giving players new contracts if they want more money than we can afford.

We need a prudent wage budget with all players fitting in it.

I certainly wouldn’t bust our wage budget for FF or Fletcher because it is just good money after bad .

They both come with big injury risks and in FF’s case a decent argument about his commitment.

I am not really bothered about spending next season debating what is FF’s best position while he shows very little desire to play at all.

Agree, we've a lot of players to recruit this summer and cant afford a small number of players monopolising the budget, especially when those players may not necessarily contribute fully, due to fitness etc.

We need to be less reliant on individuals and more of a team.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Did you REALLY REALLY honestly truly 100% really REALLY believe all that?

Didn't DC himself say that Rhodes was a "present to the fanbase"? I understand this isn't to say he was bowing to fan pressure, but it's a strange comment to make otherwise.

1 hour ago, Wor’Jackie said:

Fletcher is a huge loss for this close-season run in. Going to miss him for his play and his off field impact.

Hutchinson is another that will be missed. The way he’s been treated in the last few months has been diabolical.

Fox I could take or leave. He’s gotten better, but I’m excited to see Matt Penney take his place and put a mark down for himself.

Winnall was always a much of a muchness. A strange signing from the off and never got in really. Good luck to him though.

Forestieri....I’m in love with the memories and the Legend of Forestieri, but the hard reality is that he doesn’t care for us. Absolutely right to see him on his way. 

Doesnt matter what league we’re in, this day was coming and I’m glad it’s happening. Burn down the forest and grow it up again from the ashes.

I don’t understand how you can say that about Hutch without knowing the details, unless of course you do.

I would prefer for Hutch to be available but have no idea whose fault it is.

4 hours ago, Snowyowl61 said:

End of an era agreed, but totally disagree about Atdhe. I'd love him to stay. FF, Fletch, and Fox have just been on months of (well paid) leave and won't even see it through. They owe us that much at least.

I really dont mind nuhiu 90% of the time I just think dc needs to get rid of the old and bring in new blood. I'm guessing but as lee and nuhiu have only been offered short contract then dc is letting them go at the end of this season .

Do we know if there were multiple options on the table for these guys? 

I know Fox & Fletcher had offers for next year and beyond, but has anything been said about whether they were also offered the one month extension that Atdhe and Lee have signed? 

Unfortunately it's understandable why they turned us down though, if the suggestion that they were offered reduced terms is true. Fox & Fletcher have the best season of their career and they're offered a pay cut? Not sure I'd take it either. 

6 minutes ago, CraigSGM said:

I know Fox & Fletcher had offers for next year and beyond, but has anything been said about whether they were also offered the one month extension that Atdhe and Lee have signed? 

Unfortunately it's understandable why they turned us down though, if the suggestion that they were offered reduced terms is true. Fox & Fletcher have the best season of their career and they're offered a pay cut? Not sure I'd take it either. 

It would have been ridiculous if they were offered a pay cut for the brief extension as after all this is still 2019-20 season. If that was done, can understand their reaction. Fletcher was supposed to be subject of request to stay. Baffling.

Just now, CraigSGM said:

Fox & Fletcher have the best season of their career and they're offered a pay cut? Not sure I'd take it either. 

I think many out-of-contract footballers may well have to lower their expectations re new deals as a result of the present crisis.

They've received good salaries, including a two-month paid vacation in effect, yet can't be bothered to sign a short extension to see out the season. Poor attitude, IMO. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Said it earlier, I think Fox will eventually sign a new deal.  

It seems to me that the official statement is very carefully worded and studiously avoids saying these three are leaving the club but makes that quite clear for several others. There may be another chapter to be written yet. If I were in Fletcher's position for example, even if I wanted to stay for next season, it would be entirely prudent to await developments. 

12 minutes ago, CraigSGM said:

Monk said everyone in the training group had been offered the 1 month extension

1 hour ago, dr. benway said:

Didn't DC himself say that Rhodes was a "present to the fanbase"? I understand this isn't to say he was bowing to fan pressure, but it's a strange comment to make otherwise.

DC has made plenty  of strange comments during his time here. 

Edited by S36 OWL

19 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Am i right in thinking then that Fox, Forestieri and Fletcher couldn't even be ars*ed to help us out for the remaing games this season?

Nuhiu did...and we all still hate Nuhiu?

I dont think people hate Nuhiu for being Nuhiu, they hate him because hes poo at football, stealing a wage, and is slower than concrete at running.

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

I dont think people hate Nuhiu for being Nuhiu, they hate him because hes poo at football, stealing a wage, and is slower than concrete at running.

I dont think people hate him..just hate the fact hes still here