Fletch, Forestieri and Fox reject contract extensions

14 minutes ago, OrlandoUnTrustful said:

Perhaps it is but what would you call refusing to see the season out and stabbing your employer, teammates and fans in the back? 

Tbf it's not his fault covid happened and the season got extended. He hasn't stabbed anyone in the back and quite frankly that is an outlandish statement. 

He protected his future earnings and unfortunately, money is the driving factor in the game. 

1 minute ago, s29wfc said:

The players we sign from July 1st wont be eligible for the rest of this season.

Balls, thanks for that. Makes the decision for 3 of them to leave even more baffling then as they cant ply their trade elsewhere until the new season?

Haven't really been keeping up to date on the covid impact on contracts etc 

25 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Feel free to find me a quote saying sell him.

I made posts in 2016 saying we should cash the chips and sell Forestieri.  As did other fans at the time - the posts are there.  But I’m not trawling back to posts that were made 4 years ago.  I’ve got better things to do with my time.

And since you were the one that made the outlandish statement that “no one would have sold him back then” - Actually the onus is on you to prove it.

Otherwise you just sound like you’re desperately trying to defend our failed transfer policy out of blind loyalty.

He didn’t sell him because he thought was doing the right thing for the fans 

Worst mistake by DC to date, and am sure he’s well aware of it now 

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I was going to get all sentimental and thank them for their contributions. But then I remembered the absolute poo show we’ve been since Forestieri hit that penalty straight at the Huddersfield keeper and I couldn’t be arsed.

Time for a huge shake up. I just pray we are 1) in a position to do so 2) have the right recruitment team in place to replace them.

Do you think we have the right recruitment team in place? Based on last three years I have to say I have no confidence at all.

Happy with all of the players been released, the only one I really care about is Hutch going. He's been a good role model.and positive character, open about his mental health and always got stuck in. 

FF can ride his bike to Middlewood, collect his things and f**k off. A very expensive flair player, good for one season and probably hindered morale with his antics. 

The approach now should be 'are they good enough for the first 11?'. Lee should be offered a deal to stay. Nuhui shouldn't, although he has scored some brilliant goals it's not enough. Paul Jones should also kindly not be offered an extension. 

Full clear out like the 04/05 season is needed. Better, more sensible and measured recruitment so we don't waste millions in wages, lose huge transfer fees and end up hemorrhaging more money.

• Like 1

Just now, Wakefield owl said:

Do you think we have the right recruitment team in place? Based on last three years I have to say I have no confidence at all.

Blokes Bruce fetched in are decent 

Think this next ‘rebuild’ gets a budget and handed off to Garry Monk to sort,  DC I think will take biggest back seat he’s ever took

Fox was never going to sign another contract here,cant blame him to be fair,hes had dogs abuse since hes been here.But fair play to the kid,he rose above it this term and hes been one of better players,that said,if hes the best LB weve got it shows weve neglected that position.

Wish the lad all the best for the future

3 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

I made posts in 2016 saying we should cash the chips and sell Forestieri.  As did other fans at the time - the posts are there.  But I’m not trawling back to posts that were made 4 years ago.  I’ve got better things to do with my time.

And since you were the one that made the outlandish statement that “no one would have sold him back then” - Actually the onus is on you to prove it.

Otherwise you just sound like you’re desperately trying to defend our failed transfer policy out of blind loyalty.

What absolute bolox. Nearly every post back then was 'teams going for promotion dont sell their best players'. 'Make him apologise and let's move on'. And I've better things to do aswel than go looking back. Chansiri would have got slated if he'd have sold him that season.

6 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

IMG-20200624-WA0013.jpg.40af65ae5e3d05d4617c93235a822b59.jpg

Hutch and Winnall to be released

The Owls can confirm that Paul Jones, Kieran Lee and Atdhe Nuhiu have signed short term contract extensions to the end of the current campaign.

The 2019/20 season was suspended in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic and authorisation was granted for clubs to extend the contracts of players due to expire on 30 June.

Wednesday’s final scheduled game is against Middlesbrough on Wednesday 22 July.

Offers were made to Steven Fletcher, Fernando Forestieri and Morgan Fox, which were declined.

Sam Hutchinson and Sam Winnall will be released from the club upon the expiry of their contracts on 30 June.

Talks remain ongoing regarding loan extensions for Alessio Da Cruz, Jacob Murphy, Connor Wickham and Josh Windass.

David Bates will return to his parent club Hamburg at the end of June.

Sheffield Wednesday would like to thank all the departing players for their services and wish them well for the future.

That can’t be right, as FF claims the club haven’t been in touch with him.

2 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Fox was never going to sign another contract here,cant blame him to be fair,hes had dogs abuse since hes been here.But fair play to the kid,he rose above it this term and hes been one of better players,that said,if hes the best LB weve got it shows weve neglected that position.

Wish the lad all the best for the future

Fox went from being a god awful footballer and total liability to a bang average championship left back. There’s cheaper and better out there, i for one won’t miss him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Seen a few things on twitter saying Fletcher and FF only haven’t signed extensions to play the remainder of the season but they may sign new deals when we know what league we will be in next season. It’s a no from me. 

Surely the club wouldn't go back to them if they aren't prepared to stay and fight to keep the club in the Championship.  

16 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

What absolute bolox. Nearly every post back then was 'teams going for promotion dont sell their best players'. 'Make him apologise and let's move on'. And I've better things to do aswel than go looking back. Chansiri would have got slated if he'd have sold him that season.

I’d say it was a 50/50 split.  Some fans wanted him sold, some wanted him to stay.

DC wouldn’t have been slated if we had sold him for a decent profit and used the money to reinvest in the squad.  You know, like well ran clubs actually do.

Are you seriously trying to argue that the club had no choice but to keep him?

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Surely the club wouldn't go back to them if they aren't prepared to stay and fight to keep the club in the Championship.  

Be shocked if they did, certainly I don’t think Garry Monk would 

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Like someone has just reminded me. The club paid Fletcher a fortune whilst he was injured. And paid FF a fortune when they stood by him during his court case. The club has asked them to play on for 3 weeks (presume on the same terms) to keep us in the league.

Is that really too much to ask?

They must have advanced negotiations with other clubs. Fletcher originally wanted to finish his career here and GM desperately wanted him to stay. What changed?