Debbie Jevans. Former tennis player

Stephen Bazalgette.Former head of the jockey club

Mark Ashton. Bristol city

Stephen Pearce Derby county

Nigel Howe. Reading

Jez Moxey . Burton Albion 

Steven Curwood. Fleetwood town

John Nixon . Carlisle 

These are the clueless clowns running one of the top football establishments in the world. 
Why can’t they make a decision for all the clubs involved around the relegation zone including us and Wigan to at least let everyone know where they stand, good or bad for next season. Utter joke of how to run a business 

The decision as been made by the independent panel 

50 minutes ago, striker said:

It's supposed to be an independent panel, not sure why they would need to consult with EFL and consider Barnsleys position?

If they are negotiating any punishment with EFL not sure how that is independent?

TBH, couldn't give a throw what the EFL are liable for, they started this process and should reap the consequences.

An independent pannel, shrowded in secrecy?!?!

For this to be dragging on so long they have to be consulting all parties concerned to get them to agree what would be acceptible.

My opinion only. I know feck all.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

We are nearly at 500 pages and nothing has happened.

Keep pushing people! lol

Im pushing for 1 million views, and for the thread to apear in the top ten results of every Google search on Sheffield Wednesday.

lol

1 minute ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

An independent pannel, shrowded in secrecy?!?!

For this to be dragging on so long they have to be consulting all parties concerned to get them to agree what would be acceptible.

My opinion only. I know feck all.

I agree, thought the same. In which case I wonder just how independent the panel actually are. Surely their role is to consider the evidence and deliver a verdict, in isolation, without consideration of outside influences.

If it's a negotiation, at this rate well be backdating the verdict, nearly as much as the stadium sale

lol

4 minutes ago, akbuk said:

The decision as been made by the independent panel 

But the decision to 'charge' us with the offence is made by EFL. They are also the ones who wrote the rules so badly that they left the loophole that allowed clubs to sell their grounds. Then they realised their ******** up and tried to go back on their discussions with us including their agreement that the sale price was right and that the rules allowed the transaction we were planning.

I do agree the independent review panel is 2/3rds independent. The other third is chosen by them so will be looking after their interests. Is that independent? I don't think so but we will see. If we get a unanimous verdict saying there's no case to answer I'll accept it's really independent. If it's 2-1 in our favour and their pick is the odd one you will struggle to persuade me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

But the decision to 'charge' us with the offence is made by EFL. They are also the ones who wrote the rules so badly that they left the loophole that allowed clubs to sell their grounds. Then they realised their ******** up and tried to go back on their discussions with us including their agreement that the sale price was right and that the rules allowed the transaction we were planning.

I do agree the independent review panel is 2/3rds independent. The other third is chosen by them so will be looking after their interests. Is that independent? I don't think so but we will see. If we get a unanimous verdict saying there's no case to answer I'll accept it's really independent. If it's 2-1 in our favour and their pick is the odd one you will struggle to persuade me.

I would wager heavily that every set of rules, ever written by any governing body, has loopholes for those who are willing to find them.  Step forward accountants and lawyers to find those holes, employed by wealthy businessmen & women who have ballsed up. No system is perfect, and I am astonished how our fanbase blames the EFL for this s h i t shower, when the vast majority of clubs work within the rules and crack on.

DC chased the dream, came close twice and then refused to cut cloth accordingly, so that he could keep chasing, and keep chasing and keep chasing. A classic gambler's mentality. At some point, you need to hit the jackpot, or the house comes down on you.  

We may just have managed to sneak out of the fire escape and live to fight another day, or we about to get taken into a back room by a bunch of bruisers, who are armed with pliers and a blowtorch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kirksandallowl said:

How does that work then?

If he walks away the club asks for a voluntary liquidation. The players leave as do the staff and Sheffield Wednesday in effect are no more.

58 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

We are nearly at 500 pages and nothing has happened.

Keep pushing people! lol

I should have took my own advice a month ago when I said this thread was pointless, think that was around page 30! :bullen:

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Perhaps the panel are still waiting for Chansiri to turn up to give evidence. 

He said he was waiting for some taxi firm or other to turn up to take him to the hearing. 

Don't think anybodys suggested that yet. 

Hes been waiting for that all important  boost of energy to do so. From some energy drink or something, I dunno!!!