THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Grandad
11 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Don't start stating facts the posters with the agendas won't accept it

Still not answered the question I asked

Guest mkowl
6 hours ago, Dot said:

Anything that the piggies mention to me, I've heard this I've heard that...I always ask do you know the terms of the mortgage that's just been taken out on all your assets?

the general response is what?

what mortgage?

its weird they all know the financial situation of our club and have heard what the outcomes are....but have no understanding of their own clubs finances

For a long time it was far more convoluted group structure than anything we have done in how it fitted into the Scarborough group of McCabe.

Pity the football season came back because last October they forward sold the TV rights money

I only ever worked briefly in Sheffield in my profession but even the Blades there were two hats. Never found one Blade i actually like

10 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

I would wager heavily that every set of rules, ever written by any governing body, has loopholes for those who are willing to find them.  Step forward accountants and lawyers to find those holes, employed by wealthy businessmen & women who have ballsed up. No system is perfect, and I am astonished how our fanbase blames the EFL for this s h i t shower, when the vast majority of clubs work within the rules and crack on.

DC chased the dream, came close twice and then refused to cut cloth accordingly, so that he could keep chasing, and keep chasing and keep chasing. A classic gambler's mentality. At some point, you need to hit the jackpot, or the house comes down on you.  

We may just have managed to sneak out of the fire escape and live to fight another day, or we about to get taken into a back room by a bunch of bruisers, who are armed with pliers and a blowtorch.

Looking at our signings since the January 17 window.   I see no evidence that we have continued to gamble and gamble. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Baggys battle bus said:

The EFL board

Chairman Rick Parry. Former premier league and Liverpool chief executive 

Directors

Debbie Jevans. Former tennis player

Stephen Bazalgette.Former head of the jockey club

Mark Ashton. Bristol city

Stephen Pearce Derby county

Nigel Howe. Reading

Jez Moxey . Burton Albion 

Steven Curwood. Fleetwood town

John Nixon . Carlisle 

These are the clueless clowns running one of the top football establishments in the world. 
Why can’t they make a decision for all the clubs involved around the relegation zone including us and Wigan to at least let everyone know where they stand, good or bad for next season. Utter joke of how to run a business 

Jez Moxy wasnt he a very controversial figure at Wolves for more reasons then 1?

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Looking at our signings since the January 17 window.   I see no evidence that we have continued to gamble and gamble. 

No, but we have kept players on the books that we couldn't afford, and repeatedly refused offers to sell when they still had a decent market value.

Either way, we were living well beyond the means of P&S.

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

For a long time it was far more convoluted group structure than anything we have done in how it fitted into the Scarborough group of McCabe.

Pity the football season came back because last October they forward sold the TV rights money

I only ever worked briefly in Sheffield in my profession but even the Blades there were two hats. Never found one Blade i actually like

I a firm I  worked at did a bit of work with them once. Think there were about 15 companies under the Scarborough group. It was pretty complicated as to which company did what. 

10 hours ago, Rogers said:

If I was a multi millionaire and I assessed the situation and it was gonna cost another £120m to get anywhere near the top of the championship and we can’t even spend anyway.  I’d probably cut my losses, sell for what I could get. 

You’d think he’d had a strategy wouldn’t you. 

I think the shame of failure is keeping him here 

Ah so you would sell to try and recoup some of your investment. not just walk away then.