THE EFL HEARING THREAD

36 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

There has to be an announcement before wednesdays games. You can’t have teams getting relegated and then a few days / weeks later getting reinstated. They could release players, sack the manager etc thinking they’re down and they’re not. 

You can't really be deducting points to put a team into relegation with 1 game left having dwelt on it for 5 weeks either. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You can't really be deducting points to put a team into relegation with 1 game left having dwelt on it for 5 weeks either. 

I’d be absolutely astounded if they do it now

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

They can easily say tomorrow we start next season on -18. No problem as far as the end of this season concerned.

Another 12 months to contest the severity. Everyone is a winner, and it keeps Nick de Marcos in Pasta for another year...

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, SiJ said:

If it was any other organisation and, well, frankly, any other club, then I would be pretty dismissive of a points deduction getting announced between now and the Boro game or shortly thereafter. 

However, we are talking about us and the EFL, so all bets are off. 

Something stinks about this whole process though. 

Not just: The EFL and Sheffield Wednesday, but The EFL, Gibson, Warnock and Wednesday.

The perfect storm....

That said, I think it will be points deducted from next season. No one can sue them over that.

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

Funny you should say that Mr Bond (retired) I was thinking of popping down...... see what’s what outside. 

Don't forget No exit via leppings Lane. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

That said, I think it will be points deducted from next season. No one can sue them over that.

Barnsley will , and have already told

them there intentions if it’s not dealt with this season 

The EFL board

Chairman Rick Parry. Former premier league and Liverpool chief executive 

Directors

Debbie Jevans. Former tennis player

Stephen Bazalgette.Former head of the jockey club

Mark Ashton. Bristol city

Stephen Pearce Derby county

Nigel Howe. Reading

Jez Moxey . Burton Albion 

Steven Curwood. Fleetwood town

John Nixon . Carlisle 

These are the clueless clowns running one of the top football establishments in the world. 
Why can’t they make a decision for all the clubs involved around the relegation zone including us and Wigan to at least let everyone know where they stand, good or bad for next season. Utter joke of how to run a business 

• Like 4

Could the panel have made their decision and found both us and the EFL at fault? So not a clear cut case? 

With that in mind could Chansiri and the EFL agreed to wait until the end of the season in order to keep us up rather than go down? A compromise maybe? 

Just a thought.. 

1 minute ago, Bigblueowl said:

Could the panel have made their decision and found both us and the EFL at fault? So not a clear cut case? 

With that in mind could Chansiri and the EFL agreed to wait until the end of the season in order to keep us up rather than go down? A compromise maybe? 

Just a thought.. 

I agree with part of that both parties at fault not sure about the compromise tho

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Barnsley will , and have already told

them there intentions if it’s not dealt with this season 

It can be dealt with this season. Tomorrow. Verdict, points into next season.

The case has been going on for years. Barnsley would be wasting their time once the first ball had been kicked next season.

That said. Its only my opinion, and its not fact. 

25 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Of the 2 options - I think they’d most likely deduct us points tomorrow or Tuesday if it’s gonna happen. Remember, we’ve been complicit in this dragging on because DC decided to fight the charge actually being brought.