THE EFL HEARING THREAD

10 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

There has to be an announcement before wednesdays games. You can’t have teams getting relegated and then a few days / weeks later getting reinstated. They could release players, sack the manager etc thinking they’re down and they’re not. 

100% this. It isn’t fair on us but it isn’t fair on other teams at the bottom either. Teams need to know what they have to do to survive. Whatever the eventual outcome is this has been a complete shambles, the fact it still hasn’t been announced with 1 game left is a joke. 

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Spot on, it’s a complete mess. Imagine a player for Luton busting a gut and risking getting a bad injury on Wednesday night fighting for his team to stay up. Only to find the next day that Wednesday are relegated instead.  

Trying to remember what a player busting a gut for the team looks like. Monkmanface

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Sorry, but I take no notice of the conspiracy theories about points etc. I just don’t believe any of it. 

You won't like this one then...I reckomn its been settled "Out of court"....

Gibson is crapping it in case Wigan win their appeal so......Chansiri has offered him a point on Wednesday night if he tells the EFL....

"I dunno what I was thinkin'.....Wednesday are a fine upstanding football club etc etc etc"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

That Clemmit on 5live said that if it’s too complicated to make a call in yet, they should admit so and at least give a degree of clarity.

This sort of reinforces my theory that we did something "wrong", but the EFL approved it and haven't been able to produce a good enough reason to explain why they did so/brought the charges retrospectively. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Keep having these horrible thoughts that sh1tty Rotherham could be in a higher league than us next season 🤮

Tbf, that has happened before. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

That Clemmit on 5live said that if it’s too complicated to make a call in yet, they should admit so and at least give a degree of clarity.

If it's to complicated to call after all this time they should be saying case not proven.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Sorry, but I take no notice of the conspiracy theories about points etc. I just don’t believe any of it. 

I dont but when its absolutely clear of how many points would be needed to relegate us then it brings it into a whole new scenario thats why this should have been done weeks ago to eliminate that potential problem for the EFL.

Just now, TaxiMark said:

I dont but when its absolutely clear of how many points would be needed to relegate us then it brings it into a whole new scenario thats why this should have been done weeks ago to eliminate that potential problem for the EFL.

This is a fair point. 

Even if there is nothing actually untoward with the punishment that is dished out, it doesn't look great if we are hit with a points deduction that relegates us after the season is finished. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Agreed

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

This is a fair point. 

Even if there is nothing actually untoward with the punishment that is dished out, it doesn't look great if we are hit with a points deduction that relegates us after the season is finished. 

Or what get one that keeps us up.....

• Thanks 1

actually is an interesting point that it will become  a definite stay up or relegate decision unlike wigan who have had albeit a couple of weeks to fight for their lives 

but the important thing to remember it is an independent panel not the EFL that will make that defining decision 

wholly unacceptable state of affairs and I suspect De Marco will be busy in the close season 

Edited by steelowl

6 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Or what get one that keeps us up.....

So for instance we get -3pts , teams who are relegated want more off !! You cannot run the game by teams who have not performed good enough,getting a get of jail free card!! Once football is decided by cases going to court the game which is already in danger is finished for me. I would sooner see more teams relegated for severely breaking the rules and so be it if that means for 4 go down or whatever. The game has to be played on the pitch not in the courts.

Edited by Big Jack
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mogbad said:

If it's to complicated to call after all this time they should be saying case not proven.

exactly. Surely we have to be guilty without a shadow of doubt. The fact it’s taking so long surely shows it isn’t that clear cut. 

I remember saying on here back in March how I got chatting to some old bloke on a ******** up in York who said he “works for the company”, whether that be the EFL or the panel I have no clue as he was pretty tanked up (as was I) and said we’d be in for a points deduction. Sounds legit I know lol 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

I remember saying on here back in March how I got chatting to some old bloke on a ******** up in York who said he “works for the company”, whether that be the EFL or the panel I have no clue as he was pretty tanked up (as was I) and said we’d be in for a points deduction. Sounds legit I know lol 

yes of course if we are judged to have breached the rules - I dont think we have