THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

Jez Moxy wasnt he a very controversial figure at Wolves for more reasons then 1?

Very controversial in that he was accused by fans of not spending enough money.    16 successful years, under the ownership of Jack Hayward and Steve Morgan, two businessmen who actually support Wolves and developed the club from the ground upwards.

10 hours ago, Dot said:

Anything that the piggies mention to me, I've heard this I've heard that...I always ask do you know the terms of the mortgage that's just been taken out on all your assets?

the general response is what?

what mortgage?

its weird they all know the financial situation of our club and have heard what the outcomes are....but have no understanding of their own clubs finances

Don't forget they don't actually own the assets despite the fanfare of their website, they are owned by Blades Leisure Ltd which is the parent company(owned by the bogroll prince) that also owns the football club.  Not dissimilar to our setup.

10 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

AFC Wednesday , Formed 2020 

Wimbledon started again - so why can’t we ?

If things go pear shaped, we could find ourselves ( the current SWFC that is ) in the same division as AFC Wimbledon next season !

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Wall said:

Win on Wednesday, send Boro down, get points deduction later that night, take their place in League 1

Monday 

Monk *Prepared* the team on Tuesday 

Then we relegated Boro on Wednesday 

And we heard nothing on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, we got a points deduction on Sunday.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

So, week five of waiting  begins. :duntmatter:

Week five in the EFL Big brother house: Barnsley are in the diary room moaning, the independent panel are in the living room deliberating, Nick De Marco is in the kitchen making a cherry pie, Chansiri is in the garden having a fag and Rick Parry is in the bathroom trying to sort his arse from his elbow...

20200720_103150.jpg

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

Guest Mcguigan
41 minutes ago, Dandrewchaz said:

Does anybody know what evidence we have to support our case? It sounded like we cleared the approach with them previously. 

I'm guessing the proposal to sell the ground was given formal consent by the representatives EFL, believing the transaction would be posted in our 18/19 accounts and maybe not for what value it finally hits the books at.

Therefore the misconduct charge isn't about the loop hole we took advantage of but more the timing and value of it. The incorporation of the company that purchase the ground wasn't until June 2019 so how it could be included in the accounts that finished on 31st July 2018 is something that worries me.

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Can anyone really see them relegating us after the season has finished? I just think that will open up a massive can of worms. It’s one thing giving us a point deduction but automatically sending us down is a different thing. 

Thats the thing for me,if the "judgement" had gone against us,and it was to be as straightforward as some suggest with regards to the points penalty,it IMO would have been imposed already,so every team in or around the relegation places knew where we/they stood,i don't think for a minute after wednesday  nights game they are suddenly going to say to either one of Luton,Hull,Barnsley (the current bottom three) just bear with us a minute while we sort this out.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, The Wall said:

Win on Wednesday, send Boro down, get points deduction later that night, take their place in League 1

Just about the perfect sentence to sum us up.  It's right up there with "Sheffield Wednesday, ending other teams bad runs since 1867". 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Wimbledon started again - so why can’t we ?

If things go pear shaped, we could find ourselves ( the current SWFC that is ) in the same division as AFC Wimbledon next season !

It all depends what value you place on 200 years of History... Leeds didn't value it at all consequently this is the third version of Leeds.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Thats the thing for me,if the "judgement" had gone against us,and it was to be as straightforward as some suggest with regards to the points penalty,it IMO would have been imposed already,so every team in or around the relegation places knew where we/they stood,i don't think for a minute after wednesday  nights game they are suddenly going to say to either one of Luton,Hull,Barnsley (the current bottom three) just bear with us a minute while we sort this out.

completely agree with that. If they had decided we where getting a point deduction surely for the sake of other clubs near the bottom and for fairness they would have announced it by now. Like you say will they really say to the team that finishes 3rd from bottom on Wednesday night that they might survive when it’s sorted. Teams need to be planning for what division they will be in, teams finishing in the bottom 3 might release players, sack their manager because they think they will be in league one and then all of a sudden that changes. Imo teams need to know what they need to do to survive before Wednesdays games, it would alter tactics, team selection etc. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

I think they are waiting until Barnsley are back in league one, so they EFL can say “ what you whinging about, you are where you are when this happened. Why should you benefit from it”

23 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Can anyone really see them relegating us after the season has finished? I just think that will open up a massive can of worms. It’s one thing giving us a point deduction but automatically sending us down is a different thing. 

I really can’t 

Automatic relegation sets a huge example, anyone else who breaks the rules (and they will) would have to be treat the same 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

completely agree with that. If they had decided we where getting a point deduction surely for the sake of other clubs near the bottom and for fairness they would have announced it by now. Like you say will they really say to the team that finishes 3rd from bottom on Wednesday night that they might survive when it’s sorted. Teams need to be planning for what division they will be in, teams finishing in the bottom 3 might release players, sack their manager because they think they will be in league one and then all of a sudden that changes. 

The fairness comes with teams playing games without those pressures far better under the present circumstances to play the season out and if there is a points deduction weve either done enough on the pitch or we haven't. 

The conspiracy theory about ajusting things after the season is ridiculous.