THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

It all depends what value you place on 200 years of History... Leeds didn't value it at all consequently this is the third version of Leeds.

Exactly Nev. I said earlier that I couldn't think of a single positive thing about the club at the moment that wasn't historic. I really value the history as I know many of us do, also I take a lot of pride in the fact that we've never taken that option. 

• Like 2

Guest hirstysfags
8 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

It all depends what value you place on 200 years of History... Leeds didn't value it at all consequently this is the third version of Leeds.

Ask the average Leeds fan if they'd prefer to be hovering over league one with 200 years of history, or up where they are now? The 200 years of history is nonsense anyway. Let's face it, it's just a business thing. Leeds are still Leeds.

Within the hundreds of pages of the EFL rules and procedural matters, there are some very subjective bits which are open to interpretation - for example in Appendix 5 - FFP:

3.8 Each Championship Club shall, at all times and in all matters within the scope of these Rules, behave with the utmost good faith both towards The League and the other Championship Clubs (provided always that only The League shall have the right to bring any action whatsoever for any alleged breach of this requirement).  Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, Championship Clubs shall not manage their affairs or submit Fair Play Information which is intended to seek to or does take any unfair advantage in relation to the assessment of fulfilment (or non-fulfilment) of the Fair Play Requirement.

I think any reasonable person could suggest what Reading, Derby and SWFC have done has potentially gained an unfair advantage. However, it's not explicitly against the EFL's own FFP and general UK Business and Accountancy rules/laws so you could say there is a conflict, confusion and ambiguity in how clubs conduct themselves in the eyes of the EFL.

• Like 1

Guest hirstysfags
Just now, Morepork said:

Exactly Nev. I said earlier that I couldn't think of a single positive thing about the club at the moment that wasn't historic. I really value the history as I know many of us do, also I take a lot of pride in the fact that we've never taken that option. 

Something to take comfort in as we circle the plug. 

5 minutes ago, hirstysfags said:

Something to take comfort in as we circle the plug. 

I may love the history but don't necessarily disagree.

The fact is that very few people outside of Leeds would realise they are Leeds v3.0 and even the ones that do would still lay claim to their entire history even though it isn't theirs on a technicality. It probably no longer has the stigma attached that it did back when it was a relatively rare occurrence. 

Anyway, this is a proper doomsday scenario, I can't see it happening on DC's watch......................................

Edited by Morepork

Guest hirstysfags
1 minute ago, Morepork said:

The fact is that very few people outside of Leeds would realise they are Leeds v3.0 and even the ones that do would stay lay claim to their entire history even though it isn't theirs on a technicality.

Anyway, this is a proper doomsday scenario, I can't see it happening on DC's watch......................................

I used to be quite snobbish about it with some friends of my missus who are Leicester fans. They are spouting off but I tended to remind them about their past behaviour. They shrug it off and point to their premier League winners shirts

Guest hirstysfags
3 minutes ago, Morepork said:

The fact is that very few people outside of Leeds would realise they are Leeds v3.0 and even the ones that do would still lay claim to their entire history even though it isn't theirs on a technicality. It probably no longer has the stigma attached that it did back when it was a relatively rare occurrence. 

If we went under and started again, I'd still embrace Sheffield Wednesday as it is, was and always has been. My club.

The financial side doesn't affect what the club has or hasn't achieved in the past. It can't erase Wembley 93 from the books, Kaiserslautern at home, Antonio against Carlisle, etc etc.

4 minutes ago, hirstysfags said:

I used to be quite snobbish about it with some friends of my missus who are Leicester fans. They are spouting off but I tended to remind them about their past behaviour. They shrug it off and point to their premier League winners shirts

And ofcourse Leeds were wearing their 100 year anniversary shirts celebrating at Pride Park yesterday evening.

If we go bust and start again it will still be The Wednesday the only club I will ever support. I don't care about the accounts I am a football fan not an accountant.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Absolute shower of poo!! It’s a governing body run by people who are literally so far away from the sports morals and principles it’s untrue.

how can people who have a vested interest in 4/6 clubs run a democracy for 24 clubs?? 

Don't see how any decision is impartial. Conflict of interest would any other governing body allow this, seems to be unique to football.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Morepork said:

You did realise that Sheffield Wednesday limited were only incorporate on the 8th June 1990 and did not file their first yearly accounts until May 1997 previous to that SWFC was a Plc and previous to that was another company, Sheffield Wednesday Limited former name was Middlewood Development Company Limited so you could argue the history of the current SWFC business only started from 1990.

Though it is deem because the football club always existed the history is the same club even though different people, entities, companies have owned it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest Grandad

Oh aye.

I'd much rather spend 20 years languishing in between levels 2 and 3 of the football league, never achieving anything, than be in the Prem winning the title like Leicester did, or getting promoted like Leeds just did.

If it saves us the embarassment of having '(2002)' after the name of our club at Companies House.

FFS 

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

You did realise that Sheffield Wednesday limited were only incorporate on the 8th June 1990 and did not file their first yearly accounts until May 1997 previous to that SWFC was a Plc and previous to that was another company, Sheffield Wednesday Limited former name was Middlewood Development Company Limited so you could argue the history of the current SWFC business only started from 1990.

Though it is deem because the football club always existed the history is the same club even though different people, entities, companies have owned it.

Ok, you've convinced me, call the liquidators in!!! Sid.png.ce4a58b18036e98d9e040ed8890b4572.png.c0de232009804db80dc6b1a6bb78b25f.png

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Don't see how any decision is impartial. Conflict of interest would any other governing body allow this, seems to be unique to football.

They aren't the ones deciding the outcome of the case, the independent panel are.

Derby County are up before a panel too, yet have an Exec on the EFL board.  

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Oh aye.

I'd much rather spend 20 years languishing in between levels 2 and 3 of the football league, never achieving anything, than be in the Prem winning the title like Leicester did, or getting promoted like Leeds just did.

If it saves us the embarassment of having '(2002)' after the name of our club at Companies House.

FFS 

That position contrasts with your views on the exec boxes though re. local business people though.

I’ve had two clients over recent years, one a coach company operator from Leeds and one a snack supplier from Leicester who both got knocked for loads of dough after admin, both lifelong supporters and with big relationships with both clubs and neither will have anything to do with either ever again.

• Haha 1

We wont be relegated.There is a very real risk there wont be a league 1 or 2 at the moment.

The EFL are in a state of flux. Its time for a complete overhaul  of the EFL and a complete new progressive organisation.

Otherwise the game is in danger of collapsing outside the premier.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

26 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

So villa straight into league one should they be relegated from the prem?

Guarantee Villa get off with a fine, that won’t even touch sides of there failure payments 

48 minutes ago, Animis said:

Within the hundreds of pages of the EFL rules and procedural matters, there are some very subjective bits which are open to interpretation - for example in Appendix 5 - FFP:

3.8 Each Championship Club shall, at all times and in all matters within the scope of these Rules, behave with the utmost good faith both towards The League and the other Championship Clubs (provided always that only The League shall have the right to bring any action whatsoever for any alleged breach of this requirement).  Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, Championship Clubs shall not manage their affairs or submit Fair Play Information which is intended to seek to or does take any unfair advantage in relation to the assessment of fulfilment (or non-fulfilment) of the Fair Play Requirement.

I think any reasonable person could suggest what Reading, Derby and SWFC have done has potentially gained an unfair advantage. However, it's not explicitly against the EFL's own FFP and general UK Business and Accountancy rules/laws so you could say there is a conflict, confusion and ambiguity in how clubs conduct themselves in the eyes of the EFL.

Are they up to date rules? Only asking because FFP had been superceded by P&S (Profit & Sustainability) so It seems strange that FFP is being quoted.

53 minutes ago, akbuk said:

The fairness comes with teams playing games without those pressures far better under the present circumstances to play the season out and if there is a points deduction weve either done enough on the pitch or we haven't. 

The conspiracy theory about ajusting things after the season is ridiculous. 

Like I said a couple of days ago the failure of the efl to sort this out earlier leaves them open to accusations and legal action from whoever is relegated.