THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Grandad
24 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

That position contrasts with your views on the exec boxes though re. local business people though.

I’ve had two clients over recent years, one a coach company operator from Leeds and one a snack supplier from Leicester who both got knocked for loads of dough after admin, both lifelong supporters and with big relationships with both clubs and neither will have anything to do with either ever again.

Administration would have cost local businesses next to nowt had we done it years ago - as most of the money back then was owed to HMRC and the Co-Op Bank

Likewise today - the money is owed to the clubs owner.

Guest Grandad

Personally - I'd have much rather us continued with Milan Mandarics business plan of steady progression while investing in the clubs Academy than the boom and bust we have witnessed since 2015

3 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Like I said a couple of days ago the failure of the efl to sort this out earlier leaves them open to accusations and legal action from whoever is relegated. 

I doubt it relegation and promotion is often sorted on the final day.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Personally - I'd have much rather us continued with Milan Mandarics business plan of steady progression while investing in the clubs Academy than the boom and bust we have witnessed since 2015

It gave us two decent seasons which both ended in bitter disappointment. That’s all. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

Guest hirstysfags

Hindsight is a powerful thing! 

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Like I said a couple of days ago the failure of the efl to sort this out earlier leaves them open to accusations and legal action from whoever is relegated. 

I agree. A penalty so late in the campaign would be seen as either a ploy to take us down or a fiddle to keep us up, depending on the size. Any outcome now has known consequences leaving the EFL open to criticism and legal challenge. 

We're not bust though are we the problem lies in his owners who have money are allowed to spend it .

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Yea and he was very selective in his choice of who he sold to, MM was out to make money he knows how run a club but profit was his biggest motive.

2 minutes ago, akbuk said:

I doubt it relegation and promotion is often sorted on the final day.

You'd think if it can be sorted by Wednesday it could have already been sorted. 

If a decision is given after Wednesdays game it will be seen as dishonest whichever way it goes. 

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Didnt realise he had invested in the academy? I will be forever grateful to him for what he did,but his plan was to buy the club,spend as little as possible then sell on at a profit.Is that really what you want?

4 minutes ago, sage owl said:

You'd think if it can be sorted by Wednesday it could have already been sorted. 

If a decision is given after Wednesdays game it will be seen as dishonest whichever way it goes. 

It will only be seen as dishonest by the conspiracy theorists

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
11 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Yea and he was very selective in his choice of who he sold to, MM was out to make money he knows how run a club but profit was his biggest motive.

I didnt say I would have wanted Mandaric to stay.

I said I liked his business plan.

Guest Grandad
10 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Didnt realise he had invested in the academy? I will be forever grateful to him for what he did,but his plan was to buy the club,spend as little as possible then sell on at a profit.Is that really what you want?

Yes he invested heavily and appointed Dean Ramsdale to drive it forward - achieving Level 2 status in 2013.

Dean left in 2017

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Spondon Owl said:

Which was? He was losing money hand over fist. 

I'd be interested to see how you compare the losses of £5m a year compared to our current losses

10 minutes ago, pioowl said:

what MM did was make Wednesday a saleable asset, when he took over the shares were all over the place and he was the only person to take out his bargepole and sort us out, if he made a few quid for his troubles then fair enough, god knows where we would be now if we had carried on down that road.

• Like 6

Just now, Grandad said:

I'd be interested to see how you compare the losses of £5m a year compared to our current losses

You haven't answered the question. 

What was his business plan? What was the ultimate aim for sheffield Wednesday football club. Note: aim for the club. Not for Milan.