THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 minute ago, Baggys battle bus said:

I know that. It’s the fact that it has got down to the last game of the season before any outcome has been decided where in our case they have known about this all year. It’s not a way for any of the teams near the bottom to plan for next season

Agreed, even with the coronavirus pandemic issues this should have been resolved months ago. Unfortunately we don't know how much of the delay is actually down to the club & not the EFL.  Certainly taking the case to arbitration will have delayed matters, although this resulted in the charges being dropped against DC & the other 2 employees so we could say that the EFL has caused the delay by making unwarrented charges.

That we sit in the last week of a delayed season with two relegation slots-Wigan and us, not to mention Barnsley Charlton and Luton-up in the air over secret deliberations about financial conduct—is disgraceful on the EFL and their system of injustice. Regardless of how it plays out. It really is a direct expression of contempt for all football supporters.

• Like 1

Why are people getting concerned about Barnsley or Wigan etc taking legal action. If they do, it will be against EFL, nothing to do with us. 

Interesting though that Wigan have appealed and the commission that hears appeals, has in recent cases been reasonsbly lenient, certainly more so than EFL would like. 

1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

He is a  Businessman 

Try searching on Google for his business interests, because other than Wednesday and our phantom sponsors I can find zip, zilch, zero, niente, nada, nic, nowt, the square root of sweet FA!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hamakua Pueo said:

That we sit in the last week of a delayed season with two relegation slots-Wigan and us, not to mention Barnsley Charlton and Luton-up in the air over secret deliberations about financial conduct—is disgraceful on the EFL and their system of injustice. Regardless of how it plays out. It really is a direct expression of contempt for all football supporters.

That’s why ...if we are found guilty...it will be automatic relegation and Oxford (runners up league one play offs ) in our place.....no championship club can moan / sue the EFL then

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

Are you saying that our financial conduct is all above board then?

I guarantee that if any other club were involved apart from us we would be baying for their blood.

• Like 1

Essentially, two of the relegation slots in League One were determined administratively, setting aside the way that Tranmere was cut off. Bury took one slot. While 12 points would not have saved Bolton, their 12 point deduction together with severe transfer restrictions probably did. A lesson for us, if we start on -12 next season with our hands tied behind our backs in the transfer market.

1 minute ago, Hughdowd said:

That’s why ...if we are found guilty...it will be automatic relegation and Oxford (runners up league one play offs ) in our place.....no championship club can moan / sue the EFL then

That would be creative madness on the EFL then.

2 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Are you saying that our financial conduct is all above board then?

I guarantee that if any other club were involved apart from us we would be baying for their blood.

Absolutely not. I am a core member of the Chansiri Out club. I just question a set of rules and a system of enforcement and adjudication that drags this out year after year after year.

8 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Try searching on Google for his business interests, because other than Wednesday and our phantom sponsors I can find zip, zilch, zero, niente, nada, nic, nowt, the square root of sweet FA!

Yeah he does. One of them is a real estate company partially own by Kraisorn Chansiri, his father. He also owns a construction and building design company.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Yeah he does. One of them is a real estate company partially own by Kraisorn Chansiri, his father. He also owns a construction and building design company.

Don't start stating facts the posters with the agendas won't accept it

• Like 2

Regardless of the rights & wrongs or OUR case.

The EFL are are an unmitigated shambles. 

Compared to the Prem, they fail to get the most out of the product.

That list of the 'board' or whatever they are is a joke, with the few football based members having a vested interest in keeping the 'richer' clubs on a tight leash.

Needs a rethink & a restart with a Prem 2 type model & marketing.

• Like 1

If we lose 12 points this season or 12 points next season, with our current set up the conclusion I fear will be the same, which is scraping the bottom of the league / relegation. For me the only slim hope is exoneration of charges. Then hope of a return to form once we remove the problems within the club, again slim hope of that too.

Ultimately passing the time by us guessing wont get us anywhere sadly, I must have had 5 messages this weekend (mostly from Leeds fans) with various outcomes. Including ridiculous fines and points deductions.

26 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

third from bottom can, as they wouldn't have gone down if three had gone down